News Hartigan signs for 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane you haven't named the options ?

You want to trade, what a player or a draft pick for a KPD

You prefer that to trading for a KPF, or speed ......Hartigan is a good backup, will not be a premiership Crows player
I don't need to name options as there are players out there if we really wanted other kpp types.

No I want to get on outside speed as a priority as we are ok for talls.

We would only go after a tall if a significant upgrade.

I don't need to name options as there are players out there if we really wanted other kpp types.

No I want to get on outside speed as a priority as we are ok for talls.

We would only go after a tall if a significant upgrade.
Your defeating your own argument

This thread is excruciating, we have one poster thinking his knowledge of the game is far superior to others but I can't work out why. He doesn't make any sense.

Hartigan has played about 15 games this year. The club has rewarded him with a 2 year contract. We could have given him one year if we thought he was going to be a back up only.

Your defeating your own argument
No I'm not because I rate Hartigan but would I swap him for say j McGovern if we had the chance. Of course! But it's not a priority.

Personally, while I think he still has a way to go, Blind Freddie can see that Hartigan is a player who is on the improve and will only improve further with experience. His game on Sunday was very good IMO on a pretty classy player in Darling and justified the faith that the club has in him by giving him this 2 year contract extension.

He's never going to be in the Talia and Lever class - one an AA and the other a potential AA IMO in the long term - but the majority of defenders aren't. Yes he had a shitter against the Bulldogs but since his re-instatement in the side his form has been good. He's a good honext defender currently justifying his spot in the team.

He's a big strong lad with good pace for his size, subject to the occasional brain fade which fortunately are becoming less frequent under the tuition of Talia, and if he maintains his current form he has the opportunity to make it as a regular member of our defence.

Good luck to the lad and his contract extension - he's earned it IMO.

Echo everyone's comments, great for a kid who had to work a bit harder for it to forge a career. Has great size but the thing i like most is that he hasn't let his head drop after some of his less solid performances. Ideally we'll be able to have a higher all-round quality KPD step into his shoes over the next 2 years but happy for him to play a role until then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that my friend is why you sign "depth" players & have them occupy list spots
Lol, depth players don't play most weeks!

Shaw is a depth player as he only comes in when we have injures.

Hartigan is in the best 22.

Spot the difference...

No it's about winning the discussion ;) ......discussion has no bearing on winning / losing footy games?
Ok....... then you can keep fighting a losing battle.

Do you win if Shaw gets 1 yr but Hartigan already has 2yrs? What do contracts say about how a club values players?

I'm concerned that the game has passed Shaw by while he's been injured. I'd like nothing more than him to come good, but I think at most he'll get 1 yr next year. Following in LT's footsteps. ... showed something in 2012 but just not quite there.

I think you'll find that his behaviour like this is not limited to just this thread. ;)
Yeah I haven't posted much over the years but still occasionally read the board.

Wayne comes across as someone who values his opinion too much. Not sure why, he doesn't seem to have too many runs on the board.

He is worth keeping on. Im not sure he has a heap more improvement to come, but I see him as a handy depth player. We really need to get another KPD who provides some rebound. Something in the Nathan Bock mold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back