News Hartigan signs for 2

Remove this Banner Ad

His weaknesses will cost us goals. He collapses at the knees and goes to ground way too often for a really good key defender. Can this be corrected, hey I saw a forty year old bloke go from a s**t kick to a good kick in one year at a league club (support staff) after training every night with rehab players.

So nothing is impossible and his attributes are being recognised so good luck to him. He's played one or two more AFL games than me!!! And all of you I suggest. Comments like underwhelming signing are derogatory and keyboard warrior like. FFS, he is a professional sportsman doing what most of us want(ed) to do. Well done Kyle and I'm one of your biggest critics.

Last edited:
Very happy for Hartigan and good move by the club...

His development along with Charlie Cameron's will be a major factor on where we go as a club

The last three grand finals have featured Ryan Schoenmakers, Heath Grundy and Zac Dawson as their team's second key position defender. I'd suggest Hartigan is already as good as if not better than those three, and he's a 23 year old with 25 games under his belt. Happy to see him with a contract and his spot in the side back; his importance was made clear to me in the home Showdown where Cheney got monstered due to lack of height and pace.

I think Kyle does a lot more with the ball than fans realise in finding a player in the back half of the ground who the space and skills to kick off our rebound.

Wayne's-World. - Thoughts on Hartigan being re-signed?

Personally think it is well deserved as playing consistent footy & developing nicely for a player under 50 games...

c39459f055b177e0af9a68350b63aae0.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist

http://www.afc.com.au/video/2015-09-01/kyle-hartigan-signs-on

Congrats to Kyle. He's only played 25 games, so far, it'll be interesting to see his progress in the next year. By 2017 he'll be close to the 50 games that Phil wanted under his belt.

In the presser, he really appreciates the opportunities that the AFC has given him. Nice to hear from a Melburnian who's happy to be in Adelaide. Hope that rubs off on a couple of others.

Excellent news.

Kyle is becomming a solid player at 23 years old and 25 games.

He is showing that he could become a verygood defender and an integral part of our backline for a long time.

Great to have him locked in.

With talls Kyle, Talia, and Lever along with Brown and Laird, our backline should be extremely good in 2 years.

Add that too our elite midfield and our elite forward line.

Our list is looking like a premiership profile with a few additions.

We need to keep Danger, Lynchie, and M Crouch.

Premiership will be close enough to smell over the next few years.

Deserves 2 years. Let's hope he develops further.

Nothing better than cheap defenders coming good.

+ an almost 200cm kpf/2nd ruck
+ a small defender
+ a quick small forward

Some very good bargain basement shopping in the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne's-World. - Thoughts on Hartigan being re-signed?

Personally think it is well deserved as playing consistent footy & developing nicely for a player under 50 games...

The two years was going to happen ......we're not exactly flushed for KPP and even if we recruit it would be a minimum of two years development

Doesn't change my thoughts ......every car needs a spare tyre in the boot ;)

The two years was going to happen ......we're not exactly flushed for KPP and even if we recruit it would be a minimum of two years development

Doesn't change my thoughts ......every car needs a spare tyre in the boot ;)
I'm a fan of Hartigan, but that's a fair assessment. He's doing OK now, but he's not so good that you wouldn't jump at the chance to bring in someone else at his position if it was available.

Important re-signing. We don't have anyone of his size and strength down back other than Talia. Two years feels right, gives us time to see if we can find a better option, or even better, to see if he matures into a great KPD instead of just a reasonable one like he is at the moment.
This ......:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back