Game Day Hawks v Pies official practice game - Thursday March 2 @ 5:10pm - UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Too bad De Goey didn’t jump into the air and hip and shoulder a bloke in the head. I hear they give you the Brownlow for that instead of weeks.

Aboslutely hilarious reading, this thread. People predicting the end of the world based on a practice match. If you don't understand that the team was playing at about 75% - especially on defense - you need to watch more footy.

I went to see the boys play in Launceston and loved it! Being a close game made it better to watch. Haven't watched the Pies play since 1981 when we met Richmond after they flogged us in the 80' GF, watched Daicos kick 9 goals 😍
I saw Darcy, my fav, loving the blonde hair again. Jordy was great, bigger than I thought, no wonder they can't tag him well. There were many cobwebs being cleared that day but I do believe Reef is going to be a weapon but in the midfield, not the fwd line, just a gut feeling.
Got Craig Kellys autograph. I have all the others from last year on a guernsey.
I took an 81yr old lady to the game and she loved it, god bless her.
A bit worried about our team but it maybe just nerves too. GO PIES!

Aboslutely hilarious reading, this thread. People predicting the end of the world based on a practice match. If you don't understand that the team was playing at about 75% - especially on defense - you need to watch more footy.

This. The outrage over a practise game is hilarious. Despite what the coaches might say, it is glorified circle work.

Also, if it were Round 18 JDG easily gets off. Because it's early in the year they will probably rub him out for a week.

If it was a game for points, we would have won by 10 goals.

Any physical pressure and the hawks would have been swept away.

After seeing the game I think we were playing at more like 60% or 70%.☺️But I take your point.There was absolutely nothing to worry about from that game.I expect our intensity to lift significantly when we the real stuff begins against Geelong.

All preparation for the round 1 game thread.

After seeing the game I think we were playing at more like 60% or 70%.☺️But I take your point.There was absolutely nothing to worry about from that game.I expect our intensity to lift significantly when we the real stuff begins against Geelong.

Bloody Needs to be a Lot Higher vs Geelong

All preparation for the round 1 game thread.
Good point Jen. These practice games aren't just important preparation for the players. The coaches and umpires also get a bit rusty over preseason, but perhaps most importantly, us posters aren't going to be able to hit peak vitriol in the round 1gameday thread without a good hit out in the practice matches.

If that’s the role he will play all year why wouldn’t he tag? From memory he only started tagging mid way through last year so practicing his role is exactly what he should be doing in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's also good practice for Nick because that's what's coming in 2023 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it'll be a week. It's early in the year when they traditionally crack down harder. It's the action that they want to get rid of. The guidelines allow them to adjust impact by potential rather than actual impact with dangerous tackles. And the millisecond of ease off is irrelevant, as once you've slung someone and they're rotating like that, you've got no control regarding whether their head smashes into the turf.

Hope I'm wrong.

You’re probably right that he’ll get a week, but I do believe he’d eased off sufficiently to avoid driving his head into the ground with any material force, so I wouldn’t call it irrelevant. What should be irrelevant is your point about it being the early part of the year. That shouldn’t make any difference.

Will just have to wait and see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back