Ultimate Glory Hawks vs Swans - We take flag number 12 - our greatest flag - The Hard Way.

Remove this Banner Ad

he was there last year too, so surprising it'd be an issue
Yeah me and my mate were giving him a bit of stock about crossing to the Hawks when we saw him out on the concourse after the match. "COOOONNS".

just cos i wanted a larger version :D

t4CYCK.gif
Sh!t that would knock the *'n' stuffing out of anyone!!!

Hey guys I wanted to share something that I saw at the Grand Final that I don't think anyone has mentioned (I have read through most of this thread).

During the pregame warm up Hawks were at the punt rd end doing a kick to kick drill. I was watching pretty intently and then I thought 'where's Clarko?'.

I start scanning the ground for him, I spotted a couple of assistants running the drill before I laid eyes on the great man.

He was just inside the centre square squatting and 100% completely focused on watching the $wans who were practicing stoppage work in the centre square. He didn't move for at least 5 mins just focused on the prey and plotting how to best destroy them.

What a ******* legend.

I love Clarko.
Great post - tweaking the game plan!!

There was a comment on Adelaide radio this morning, which I thought you guys would enjoy, "Hawthorn wins a premiership once per Olympiad, while Melbourne wins one about as often as you see Halley's Comet." :)

If Spanghar could take a few big grabs per game he's be twice the player and a genuine swingman as an optional forward - but I'm not sure this will happen anytime soon. Then again his current role is simply to provide defensive contests keeping it away from big forwards, which as we saw at Saturday he does quite well.
I thought his starting act was terrible, flew for the mark and simply fell over, leaving a free swan small forward in the goal square with the ball. Luckily we thwarted that attack, but his inability to keep his feet should have cost us a goal.

He picked it up after that though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of Bruce's statts during the commentary
Cant remember the exact numbers but it was something like
Clarko wins 1 GF every 78 games
and Rioli wins one every 48 games
I imagine Hills numbers would be pretty good.

Big Boy was one of only 20 ex Saints players to win one.
Now there are only 20 to have one one in a Saints jumper and 20 who didnt wear the jumper.

Did someone record and get the right numbers ????

Didn't get to watch the game live, had to settle for the replay. What a match, we sure saved the best for last. To see the 6 players from 2008 get their third premiership medallion (especially Cyril) was so satisfying. Alastair Clarkson now with 3 premierships, how lucky are we to have him? Hodge with 3 premierships and 2 Norm Smiths, now where he belongs in the history books. Burgoyne with 3 premierships combined is fantastic, also now have a load of players with 2 premierships. Spangher with a medal too is great to watch and well deserved. Fantastic effort boys next year let's go one better and get some 4-time premiership players and more 3, 2 and 1 time premiership players.

Last edited:
Want a good laugh, then check out this article from Patrick Smith. Yes, he is a tosser but this is well worth a read.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...thing-but-a-myth/story-e6frg7t6-1227073269740

Edit: if it doesn't work try hunting it done on the web. Took me a little while.

Ouch. Love the article. I can still remember the circle jerk interview before the game on Saturday morning with Sydney's recruiting guy - think it was on SEN, it was like a post game interview - it amazing how you got Parker so late (Bruest rookie, Hill, Stratton, Mitchell, yada yada yada) it is amazing what you have done with McGylnn, and Buddy, Buddy, wow (as if 2008 never happened). Jeez it made my blood boil cocky little upstarts. All year we have heard about their amazing culture, their amazing off field work, how the Swans had taken Buddy and changed him, made him better with their superior culture.

And then the Hawks went BOOM :D

Thank you Hawthorn Club for yet another premiership. So what do we do now for the next 6 boring months? Given the amount of talent we have, including Whitecross, Anderson, Litherland and probably Frawly to add, with no one really old as such (except for Sewel who might retire), who is game enough to join me in predicting BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK. That will put to rest any argument who is the best club for the last 50 years.
The six months after a B2B are NEVER boring!!! Kick back, relax, enjoy!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back