Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopping Sydney is going to be really difficult. I think its going to come to our forward line getting on top of their key defenders and defensive forwards stopping Rohan, Shaw & McVeigh. Rohan has proved a real game breaker and some attention needs to be put into him, from what I've seen the important thing is just to play someone in front of him. He's very quick but isn't a huge sideways mover.

Finally I think we're going to see Burgoyne predominantly in the midfield and Hodge predominantly in defence this year.

Hale & Ceglar/McEvoy will play a huge role in the game too. The need to play harder than they've played before and get on top of Pyke. Providing that get out option in a grand final will also be huge.

Love Ceglar but I think BB must come in. Last time against $wans Ceglars stats were fairly ordinary and really struggled marking against port. But do you drop him now? Poppy was poor but there's no way he'll get stopped. Really tough one.

Poppy was poor but there's no way he'll get stopped. Really tough one.

I thought Poppy was poor as well but surprisingly he still had 20 disposals.
That's more than he would usually get.

The biggest difference this time round from the previous two times we played the millionaires is Lake.
He missed both those games this year and he will be the diffence of us winning.
All this talk about Cyril, Sewell and Big boy coming in well who goes out?
Cegs for big boy, Simpkon for either Sewell/Cyril.
Who else is likely to come out??
Spanger is a required player in my eyes and Suckers was the big difference in the second term come back on the weekend.

The biggest difference this time round from the previous two times we played the millionaires is Lake.
Spanger is a required player in my eyes and Suckers was the big difference I the second term come back on the weekend.

Don't forget Gibson did his pec half way through the game.

Spanger is a required player in my eyes and Suckers was the big difference in the second term come back on the weekend.

??? Because he kicked 1 goal?

Cyril Rioli 3 time premiership player sounds just too good not to risk.

Yep, he plays for mine too. It's not about quantity but quality with someone like Cyril.

He was well down in the 2012 Grand Final and I know he would be busting at the chomps to atone for that day and tear the Swans a new one this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in the autopsy thread - but I feel it bears repeating. While the prelim had shades of 2012 in it - I think it was a different game upon reflection. Port weren't a team lucky to be there. Port if 2014 would beat the Crows of 2012 by a handy margin. We beat a side on the rise, not a flash in the pan with a soft draw. Port threw absolutely EVERYTHING at us. A lesser side would have been in trouble after that first quarter. Our response, which sadly ended with 10 minutes to go when we went to preservation mode, was pleasing for mine. We can improve from that performance - and the coaching staff and field leadership will have the side primed. We will have one of the strongest sides we've had all season - and they know what the prize is and how to claim it. Bring this on, we've got absolutely nothing to fear and everything to play for.

I wonder if the boys try to get into Buddy's head.

Play the guilt card. How could he leave them, go to their main competitor, and stop his best mates from going back to back. Dog act.

Hopefully he starts to get the yips.

cm-23138-050624abe3a9e6.jpeg

I posted this in the autopsy thread - but I feel it bears repeating. While the prelim had shades of 2012 in it - I think it was a different game upon reflection. Port weren't a team lucky to be there. Port if 2014 would beat the Crows of 2012 by a handy margin. We beat a side on the rise, not a flash in the pan with a soft draw. Port threw absolutely EVERYTHING at us. A lesser side would have been in trouble after that first quarter. Our response, which sadly ended with 10 minutes to go when we went to preservation mode, was pleasing for mine. We can improve from that performance - and the coaching staff and field leadership will have the side primed. We will have one of the strongest sides we've had all season - and they know what the prize is and how to claim it. Bring this on, we've got absolutely nothing to fear and everything to play for.

This.

The Bloodz defeated Fremantle by 24 points (at home) in the Qualifying Final, Port Adelaide rolled Fremantle by 22 points (away) in the Semi Final.

How does this compare to Adelaide 2012?

Adelaide were defeated by Sydney (at home) in the Qualifying Final, Adelaide jumped Fremantle in the Semi Final by 10 points (at home). According to the squiggle on the mainboard if Port Adelaide were to roll us they'd start favourite in the Grand Final using the OFFDEF-75 formula (if you haven't already I strongly suggest you read that thread)

I am a nervous wreck already. I have no idea how i will survive the week :(

Soak up the week for what it is and go along for the ride! Enjoy the build up, starting with the Brownlow Medal, the footy show grand final and grand final parade (if you're lucky enough to be able to attend).

Let the nerves start to fester on game day, but enjoy the warm feeling this week from knowing that your team actually gets to play for the flag on Saturday! Supporters of most other clubs don't have that luxury.

Worry about the nerves on Friday night leading into Saturday ;)

No one want's anyone to go for these things. It's more to do with how incidents are portrayed in the media differently depending on the team involved. The tone of this article as Hodgey15 picked up on.
Unwritten law in the AFL constitution MRP doesn't include the Swans ,they get away with everything during the season and during the finals short of committing murder on the field they will not be suspended ,think Barry Hall's strike Maguire and before that Andrew Dunkleys strike on James Hird they have a free rein. Interesting Ön the Couch during the week when discussing whether Harvey would go they showed examples of players let off for head high contact ......all Swans players.

Hello Hawthorn supports.

Just stopping by your board to say a few words. It's fair to say, other than the traditional hate of Collingwood (you're either a Collingwood fan or you're not) our two clubs are probably the next on the list for "Most Hated". There are a lot of reasons people hate our clubs (COLA for us, some dirty players for you) but the one thing that we have in common is recent success. The past 2 primers are going at it for another flag. That's an amazing story in itself. Both teams have tremendous work effort and disciple which is why they're both the teams left. There are no better AFL sides than these two. It is only fitting that they make the Grand Final.

I would also like to congratulate you guys. This is your 3rd Grand Final in a row. That's an outstanding achievement for your club. Not many teams will ever be able to have that. You should be proud of that alone.

I am greatly looking forward to Saturday. As a general AFL fan, I look forward to seeing the 2 best teams play for the greatest prize in our sport. It will be a great game. Good luck.

Huh?? We are hated because we've had some 'dirty players'? ALL clubs have had dirty players, bar none. You are hated because of COLA, which led to your recent successes. We are hated because we are envied, due to half a century plus of constant success. We are a self-made powerhouse, on and off the field, due to excellence in management, great coaching and strong drafting/trading. We've never cheated, salary cap or drugs, and we get no assistance from the AFL. Quite the opposite in fact. 'Some dirty players' is seriously grasping at straws.

The starts to our games since the R22 Geelong game have been atrocious.. even against Coll in R23 we gave them an early lead. Ironically the last team we started fast against was Frem in R21 and they ended up running all over us.. Still, I hope we can come out from the first minutes switched on and don't give them a 1,2,3 goal start like we have been doing.

The fact we won on Saturday with a at least a handful of our best players playing well below their best shows the depth of talent and evenness across our list, but we do need them all to life and I'll go glass half full and suggest it bodes well that we have a much better performance to give this Saturday.

Going through the lists and possible matchups, we do matchup well on them.. with #23 the only real headache, but is there any side in the AFL that has the perfect matchup for the traitor? Good team defence will assist Lake/Gibbo.. whoever gets him.

Feel for all the fringe players this week: Cegs, BB, Sewell, Simpkin.. Blokes are going to be desperately unlucky to miss, and Cyril.. who knows!? In Clarko we trust though. So proud of this group, they could have rested on their laurels after saluting last year when sh*t got tough with all the injuries this year and then Clarko, but they're clearly on a mission to join the greats! Back 2 Back Go Hawks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back