Preview Hawks vs West Coast, Rd 18 2015 OUT: Hale IN: Ceglar

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Ceglar
Out: Hale or McEvoy. Both were terrible tonight. Schoenmakers showed more than both of them in the ruck.

I'd be inclined to bring in Cegs for BB, play Hale forward and have Cegs 1st ruck against Nic Nat
Hill to Sub, Suckling in Hartung back to the 2s
Hill may need a spell in the twos but I'd give him a rev as sub first see how he responds
No other changes unless injury ie Breust very proppy

Serious question. When was the last time we had consecutive losses?
Last year in May when we lost to swans before the bye and port after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone who was on us last week, is now saying two final in perth is too much

Not if we win the first one. And the stadium has to be shared if enough hawks fans want seats

About $400 return is the cheapest return flight on QF weekend

Theres no reason why not, but we have to learn not to rely totally on getting goals out the back

Honestly, the biggest 'in' we need next week is an increase in effort. With our loss to Richmond, this game becomes pivotal in the making of the Top 2 as West Coast and Fremantle still have to play each other. This is an 8 point game for us.

Ins: Ceglar
Outs: Hale/McEvoy (most likely Hale as we chose to substitute him out instead of McEvoy).

The others ins honestly depend on Box Hill performances and the directions the selectors wish to take. If Anderson players another B.O.G. game his pace and effort would surely be considered. If Litherland provides pace to the Box Hill backline he may also be considered. Throw O'Rourke into consideration, not to mention that Suckling will most likely be back from his minor injury.

Bruest doesn't appear to be 100% and though he played out the game it was obvious he wasn't at his best. Hilly should consider himself lucky that he played a vital role in our side because he honestly needs a bit of a wake-up call; Hartung may get another go in the 2's though I'd honestly be more inclined to give Hartung a full game and make Hilly a sub.

Personally:

Ins: Ceglar, Litherland, Anderson, Suckling
Outs: Hale, Stratton, Bruest, Hartung

I think that our backline looked really slow at moments (McIntosh goal, a few others). Stratts didn't have a good game, and while I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt we need to add extra pace somewhere. Bruest is an extremely prominent player for us, but if he's not 100% then playing Anderson as a half forward rotating into the midfield wouldn't be a bad option. I want Hill to get a wakeup call, but it'll probably be Hartung who gets a full game at Box Hill.

Last edited:
Honestly, the biggest 'in' we need next week is an increase in effort. With our loss to Richmond, this game becomes pivotal in the making of the Top 2 as West Coast and Fremantle still have to play each other. This is an 8 point game for us.

Ins: Ceglar
Outs: Hale/McEvoy (most likely Hale as we chose to substitute him out instead of McEvoy).

The others ins honestly depend on Box Hill performances and the directions the selectors wish to take. If Anderson players another B.O.G. game his pace and effort would surely be considered. If Litherland provides pace to the Box Hill backline he may also be considered. Throw O'Rourke into consideration, not to mention that Suckling will most likely back back from his minor injury.

Bruest doesn't appear to be 100% and though he played out the game it was obvious he wasn't at his best. Hilly should consider himself lucky that he played a vital role in our side because he honestly needs a bit of a wake-up call; Hartung may get another go in the 2's though I'd honestly be more inclined to give Hartung a full game and make Hilly a sub.

Personally:

Ins: Ceglar, Litherland, Anderson, Suckling
Outs: Hale, Stratton, Bruest, Hartung

I think that our backline looked really slow at moments (McIntosh goal, a few others). Stratts didn't have a good game, and while I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt we need to add extra pace somewhere. Bruest is an extremely prominent player for us, but if he's not 100% then playing Anderson as a half forward rotating into the midfield wouldn't be a bad option. I want Hill to get a wakeup call, but it'll probably be Hartung who gets a full game at Box Hill.
I like the thinking but 8 changes in two weeks no way that is a good idea I think 4 changes this week was too much. The selectors gambled on that don't see that happening again

I like the thinking but 8 changes in two weeks no way that is a good idea I think 4 changes this week was too much. The selectors gambled on that don't see that happening again

Yeah that's why I said personally: don't think it will happen. Probably two changes maximum: Cegs in and someone if Bruesty doesn't pull up. Still, nice to throw a few theories out into the open.

Top 2 gone after tonights debacle. We will get smashed, but it will be a nice little get away for the club. Bit of sun and sand.... oh and some football game that will eat 2 hrs into beach time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back