Hawthorn - Fantasy, Dreamteam, Supercoach etc discussion - please keep it all in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He missed a few weeks with his knee issue he got last year. Supposedly he will manage it from now on. Not a disastrous pre-season but not the perfect one. He is a gun though and should be fine and continue on from past years. I reckon he is a pretty solid and safe option for you.

This post sums up why I didn't include Birchall in my initial team. Now he's dropped 50k, while I now need a defender with a round 9 bye to trade in for LMcDonald. Simpson played last night, which leaves only Birchall or R.Murphy. Can Birchall be a reliable D5 or D6 for the rest of the season?

This post sums up why I didn't include Birchall in my initial team. Now he's dropped 50k, while I now need a defender with a round 9 bye to trade in for LMcDonald. Simpson played last night, which leaves only Birchall or R.Murphy. Can Birchall be a reliable D5 or D6 for the rest of the season?

Yeah man Birch is usually a keeper every year but this year he is averaging just ok. Not sure whether he will be able to lift his average much or not.

Damm, Mitchell is going to burn me today. Playing Mr Undefeated SmartArze at work. Buggah.

On the flip side, Hallihan should go up in value, just in time to be offloaded in a week or so for hartung. Cash Cows, how I love the!

This is possibly a strange question, but what do you reckon Shoenmaker's (sp) scoring potential is in his new role? 94 on the weekend, I know it was a hammering but for 227k it seems like value. Should I jump on and take a risk or am I crazy?

This is possibly a strange question, but what do you reckon Shoenmaker's (sp) scoring potential is in his new role? 94 on the weekend, I know it was a hammering but for 227k it seems like value. Should I jump on and take a risk or am I crazy?
It's hard to say, he's great value if played mostly as a forward, but with Lake going down he'll likely have to play more down back.

Who would you recommend as a replacement for Mitchell out of Hodge, Burgoyne and Birchall?

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Burgoyne as he could get a bit more midfield time.

Thanks heaps!

Came here to ask the same question.
Sounds like a safe sideways trade however Im concerned about Burgoyne attracting a tag that would have been destined for Mitchell??

Sounds like a safe sideways trade however Im concerned about Burgoyne attracting a tag that would have been destined for Mitchell??

Mitchell usually gets the oppositions number one tagger most weeks, but without Mitchell playing, it's Hodge who will most likely get tagged probably more so then Burgoyne.

Anyone know how Langford's injury is? Him getting up is pretty important regarding my trades. Cheers guys :thumbsu:

Who would you recommend as a replacement for Mitchell out of Hodge, Burgoyne and Birchall?

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Burgoyne as he could get a bit more midfield time.

Thanks heaps!

This is a tough one. In the past I would've said Hodge/Birchall definitely above Burgoyne. However Burgoyne is having a hell of a year.

The reason in the past Burgers would have some average 50-65 scores would be because of his role. Being used sometimes as a 3rd tall down back or a small defender. This year we have seemed to have used him a lot more in the mid and off HBF and he is having a great season.

I just worry that with his knee issues and Clarko not wanting to run him into the ground before finals that he will have some more low key roles and lesson the midfield time. With Mitchell going out it throws a bit of a spanner and depending on what happens when Shiels and Sewell come back into the side.

I'd just be wary as I had this exact choice last week and I chose Hodge just for the Burgoyne worries I have and not confident he will keep pumping big scores with how Hawthorn uses him. Birchall will always be ultra consistent in his 80-90 but not as high a ceiling as the other 2 atm.

Anyway just go with your gut. All 3 are having pretty solid years and either one is a suitable option.

Anyone know how Langford's injury is? Him getting up is pretty important regarding my trades. Cheers guys :thumbsu:

Nobody seems to know for sure but most believe it was a rest as he was pretty sore after a couple of tough weeks. Most on here are confident he is right to go for Friday night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also with Mitchell out, does this include the chances of Hallahan keeping his spot for a bit longer? Cheers

Yeh it does. Sewell and Shiels are still a couple of weeks away too so he has at least 2 more weeks I reckon, hopefully more.

Hi Folks,
What is happening with Sam Grimley.
Looked very promising last year but the pickup of McEvoy has probably made life hard for him.
How is he performing in the magoos?
Cheers.

Hi, sorry for the late question but was wondering if anyone could tell me why Shaun Burgoyne is scoring better this year in Supercoach? And do you see him keeping it up in respect to his role and with all the injuries...? Basically is it likely to continue? any thoughts would help as I'm tossing up between Burgoyne and Kade Simpson to replace Sammy Mitchell. cheers

Hi, sorry for the late question but was wondering if anyone could tell me why Shaun Burgoyne is scoring better this year in Supercoach? And do you see him keeping it up in respect to his role and with all the injuries...? Basically is it likely to continue? any thoughts would help as I'm tossing up between Burgoyne and Kade Simpson to replace Sammy Mitchell. cheers
I think he's seeing more midfield time this year and been given a bit of a license to "go do what you need to do win us this game" from Clarko.
I see no reason why this won't continue, especially with Mitchell out. He's just as susceptible to injury as anyone but he's been pretty durable for us minus the rough patch when he first joined us.

Just on this young fella, what are his prospects for playing a couple in a row now?
Thankyou.
Excellent I'd say. We need run and above all we need fit players who'll have a crack.

But fair sc value, and will play a few games.

My biggest thing atm is mummy. Held him for six weeks and he returns 40 against a team not blessed inthe ruck. Lucky his breakeven is not much

quick question for my draft league. Is Ceglar likely to string a few games together with Mcevoy out injured?

quick question for my draft league. Is Ceglar likely to string a few games together with Mcevoy out injured?

Yes Ceglar will be play. With McEvoy likely to miss a few games now with injury, Ceglar will be our number one ruck, with Hale playing that forward/second ruck role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back