Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

any update on this? charges laid? dismissed?

anything?
does it normally take this long?

Investigations can take many months or even years in historical/fairly complex sex matters.

Even a relatively simple one can take a while, especially if police will be seeking advice from the OPP as to whether to prosecute.

It would be unusual for a decision to be made this fast.

Investigations can take many months or even years in historical/fairly complex sex matters.

Even a relatively simple one can take a while, especially if police will be seeking advice from the OPP as to whether to prosecute.

It would be unusual for a decision to be made this fast.
Particularly when the alleged perpetrators may have the backing of a multimillion-dollar business. Police want to be pretty damn sure before the file charges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out Peter Ford's post about the AFL scandal about to break....then read the follow up posts from various people

I'm pretty sure "The Lone Wolf" was just trolling Ford and knew the story is about James Hird and his wife separating. And that thing with the AFP and Paul Bongiorno/Chris Kenny might get his account taken down soon.

I'm pretty sure "The Lone Wolf" was just trolling Ford and knew the story is about James Hird and his wife separating. And that thing with the AFP and Paul Bongiorno/Chris Kenny might get his account taken down soon.

I'm blocked by Peter Ford, embarrassingly enough. I mean...imagine being blocked by him??!!

(Edit.... I saw the timeline because someone else retweeted it)

Check out Peter Ford's post about the AFL scandal about to break....then read the follow up posts from various people

No mention of the story Ford alluded to has been made and he's deleted the Tweet. Was probably Hird and his wife and they've kept the marriage together (for now).

Last edited:
No mention of the story Ford alluded to has been made and he's deleted the Tweet. Was probably Hird and his wife and they've kept the marriage together (for now).

I think he's referring to a link in the column that when you click redirects to another twitter post that names the players.

This thread seems to be dying. Lone Wolf who has made the names public on Twitter says he's been blocked by about a third of the Hawthorn fans he went after yesterday simply by linking them the names in one Tweet. (Oh and calling them rapists without conviction, what a nasty piece of work he must be)

This thread seems to be dying. Lone Wolf who has made the names public on Twitter says he's been blocked by about a third of the Hawthorn fans he went after yesterday simply by linking them the names in one Tweet. (Oh and calling them rapists without conviction, what a nasty piece of work he must be)
If he wants to name them the way he has been then he should be prepared to deal with the consequences if charges aren't laid against them.

I hope that guys just a regular troll, otherwise he has some serious issues that need to be resolved, hopefully by the police.

Theoretically how long could this investigation go for before the public know if there is charges or it gets dropped?
Real question, not trolling.

Theoretically how long could this investigation go for before the public know if there is charges or it gets dropped?
Real question, not trolling.

They could string it out for slightly less than a year based on Rolf Harris and Bill Shorten. So midway through the next AFL season. Anything longer than that would be blatant police corruption, intentionally stringing it out like with Milne.

Looks like Stephen Quartermain didn't like receiving the names: He's blocked Lone Wolf.

They could string it out for slightly less than a year based on Rolf Harris and Bill Shorten. So midway through the next AFL season. Anything longer than that would be blatant police corruption, intentionally stringing it out like with Milne.

Looks like Stephen Quartermain didn't like receiving the names: He's blocked Lone Wolf.
People need to get this idea out of their head that the police are in the AFL's pocket. The police are going to be doing their very best with their available resources to do a thorough investigation. And for those who think this will be swept under the rug it's probably more of the complete opposite. I wouldn't be surprised to find that extra effort and resources have gone into this case given the profile of the accused. If the police can find the smoking gun piece of evidence and get a guilty verdict in court then it's a huge win and great publicity for the Victorian police. But as has been pointed out numerous times already there's rarely a smoking gun piece of evidence in a rape accusation case. Plenty of time will likely be needed for the police to put together a solid enough case that could hold up in court. And even then there's no guarantee they'll be able to form it at all - but it won't be for a lack of trying.

People need to get this idea out of their head that the police are in the AFL's pocket. The police are going to be doing their very best with their available resources to do a thorough investigation. And for those who think this will be swept under the rug it's probably more of the complete opposite. I wouldn't be surprised to find that extra effort and resources have gone into this case given the profile of the accused. If the police can find the smoking gun piece of evidence and get a guilty verdict in court then it's a huge win and great publicity for the Victorian police. But as has been pointed out numerous times already there's rarely a smoking gun piece of evidence in a rape accusation case. Plenty of time will likely be needed for the police to put together a solid enough case that could hold up in court. And even then there's no guarantee they'll be able to form it at all - but it won't be for a lack of trying.

Based on the information I have I can almost assure you that the player who played in the AFL Grand Final will not be charged with rape between now and the end of next year. It will be the no-name player charged and the premiership player will be let off or they both will be let off. The chances of them both being charged in my view are almost non-existent.

I can almost assure you that the player who played in the AFL Grand Final will not be charged with rape between now and the end of next year. It will be the no-name player charged and the premiership player will be let off or they both will be let off. The chances of them both being charged in my view are almost non-existent.
I don't know how much you know but from my own understanding I can agree with that statement. I don't know if it was your intention but you seem to be suggesting that one player will "get off" on the back of him being a premiership player while the other is more likely to cop it as he's a "no-name". Again from my own understanding the only reason this will be the case is because the premiership player wasn't as "involved" with the events surrounding the girl. How much less involved I don't know in detail. All I know is that it is less and that's why the club originally thought and stated it was only one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back