Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what precisely is she going to write? No journalists are writing about it, that might tell you something.

Yep. They are doing the right thing and letting the police see if they have enough evidence to charge the two boys. Don't want to be seen to predjudice the case or unnecessarily tarnish the players reputation.

Sad they didn't do the same for Martin. Maybe because they had direct access to the alleged victim they thought they had the right to do whatever they liked.

Yep. They are doing the right thing and letting the police see if they have enough evidence to charge the two boys. Don't want to be seen to predjudice the case or unnecessarily tarnish the players reputation.

Sad they didn't do the same for Martin. Maybe because they had direct access to the alleged victim they thought they had the right to do whatever they liked.
Martin case wasn't under investigation by the police until well after the media got wind of it. Arguably it may have never seen a police investigation if it weren't for the media attention.

She gets paid doing that but not one article on this.
Nice deflection by Hawk fans lol.

It's not a deflection - what could she possibly write other than its still under investigation and has been from the beginning. I made my thoughts clear on the Martin incident but it's typical of BF to respond with the whole "but player X........" Scenario as soon as one of their own is under fire.

Martin case wasn't under investigation by the police until well after the media got wind of it. Arguably it may have never seen a police investigation if it weren't for the media attention.
if she went to the police straight away like the girl in the hawk case did, Martin would have been investigated immediately. It was up to her which way she went and she went media street. Victim in the Hawks case chose the police.

if she went to the police straight away like the girl in the hawk case did, Martin would have been investigated immediately. It was up to her which way she went and she went media street. Victim in the Hawks case chose the police.
Exactly. That's why people implying there's a double standard by the media in the coverage of these two incidents are wrong to be blaming the media.

It's not a deflection - what could she possibly write other than its still under investigation and has been from the beginning. I made my thoughts clear on the Martin incident but it's typical of BF to respond with the whole "but player X........" Scenario as soon as one of their own is under fire.

She could speak to the alleged victim and get one side of the story, then present it in her newspaper as "the truth".

Not advocating this, but it's what happened to Martin.
Martin is a heavy drug user that will one day go all Kung fu on someone's arse! Bookmark this. Junkie of the highest level.

If that happens, I hope it's your arse.

Are there laws against posting this type of allegation? What's the policy, Chief?

Exactly. That's why people implying there's a double standard by the media in the coverage of these two incidents are wrong to be blaming the media.
Not really. Some 'journalists' have demanded be suspended indefinitely pending the investigation being completed. No such interest in doing this with the hawk boys.

Not really. Some 'journalists' have demanded be suspended indefinitely pending the investigation being completed. No such interest in doing this with the hawk boys.
Completely different cases. Martin was identified, it was known. The alleged crime also occurred in public so there's no question as to whether or not it happened, just the details. And again the media coverage preceded the investigation.

The Hawks boys on the otherhand have been accused of something that allegedly occurred in private locations. The police investigation will determine if there is any evidence that supports those claims. To ban them indefinitely identifies them and makes achieving fairness in any potential trial difficult.

She could speak to the alleged victim and get one side of the story, then present it in her newspaper as "the truth".

Not advocating this, but it's what happened to Martin.

If that happens, I hope it's your arse.

Are there laws against posting this type of allegation? What's the policy, Chief?
Has anyone been suspended or carded for writing bunch of s**t against Hawks or their players? The answer is no. Tall poppy is rife on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely different cases. Martin was identified, it was known. The alleged crime also occurred in public so there's no question as to whether or not it happened, just the details. And again the media coverage preceded the investigation.

The Hawks boys on the otherhand have been accused of something that allegedly occurred in private locations. The police investigation will determine if there is any evidence that supports those claims. To ban them indefinitely identifies them and makes achieving fairness in any potential trial difficult.

Well said.

Also think (as I said in the Martin thread) it isn't the job of the AFL or the clubs to punish players as a result of a crime. That is the job of the criminal justice system. The AFL/ Clubs should only punish for code violations.

What ever happened to this?

Hawthorn and the AFL have done a good job of keeping this quiet tbh
Or maybe...... Just maybe.....the investigation is ongoing, and there's nothing to report.

Or maybe...... Just maybe.....the investigation is ongoing, and there's nothing to report.

Listen pal, I know you're a mod and all, but if you're going to Bring sound logic and common sense to bigfooty then You just won't last!

Why don't you call the RFC and ask them whether it's true that Dusty has really got the six strikes in three years or not. If they say categorically 'no', then I'm prepared to wear it.
Pretty sure they can't release that information legally.
This is the problem with anonymous forums. At least on Facebook you can be held accountable for making claims.

Why don't you call the RFC and ask them whether it's true that Dusty has really got the six strikes in three years or not. If they say categorically 'no', then I'm prepared to wear it.
I'm not the one accusing him of being a junkie, as you put it, on a public forum. We're waiting for your proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back