NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
You're dreaming mate. Clarko's not choosing to go to court where it will be discussed why in his role of coach he rocked up to a house to make sure a player separated from his pregnant fiance.

It works both ways.

The same can be said for the accusers.

Their credibility and motive as realiable witnesses is going to be brought to bear.

That includes things like possible past/present drug addictions, gambling addictions, infidelity, their relationships with their partners at the time, medical records, what they discussed with Egan initially, when they first discussed compensation, their behavior whilst they were at the club, their behavior prior to the club, their upbringing, their parents and family environments, past criminal convictions, criminal convictions since the accusations etc.

They were clearly petrified of public opinion and there was more than enough insinuation by the media that there’s problems with a few of these points.

They will wish it was played out initially in the media compared to a defense KC going in depth into the above in Federal Court, under oath.

Especially as any contradiction in testimony is going to land the three coaches the smoking gun to massive defamation payouts against the ABC and Hawthorn.

Last edited:
Yep. If "human right's abuse" is about as ugly a phrase as there is.
Yep, would be back on the front page of the BBC (like after the original Jackson article), but would look even worse for the AFL.

As a few of us have said, plenty to play out and lots of opportunity for the story to do a shitload of damage once it is out in the public domain.

Smart (if cynical) move by the AFL.

I'm far from the biggest admirer of the AFL boys club but realistically they were passed and absolute s..t storm by the HFC with Egan's "report" and once Jackson published his story it was essentially an unfixable situation.

I get the feeling they will still go hard at the HFC though at the way that report was set up (unbelievable that they didn't have right of reply to the accused in it) and I am hearing the AFL also has a strong suspicion someone from the HFC leaked it (which is a huge issue).

Now we get to the real game of legal back and forth between the players / coaches / HFC. Essentially this is where it was always going to end up once Jackson went the nuclear option with his article, the past 8 months have just been trash talk before the main event.

I once told my sister she should consider divorcing her husband if she couldn't cope any longer with the relationship.

How on earth is that considered a racist remark?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I'm trying to work out where my comment said anything about racism.

But if you are exhibiting paternalistic controlling behaviours towards indigenous people - it looks pretty dodgy in terms of racism. You'd want to show that your paternalistic controlling behaviours that involved helping the young men in your charge break contact with their pregnant fiances are across the board. That would be great for your reputation ... or maybe you just wouldn't want it to go to court and be on the public record. Maybe you just wouldn't want to sue for defamation.

The only ones who are looking at the colour of skin are the ones doing the accusing. Three good men have been accused of horrible things and the accusers have still not been named, it seems to be a case of "victim mentality" of these accusers.

If you want to accuse people in a public space then you should have the courage of your convictions and not throw accusations from their dark corners of anonymity. On face value these accusers and the Hawthorn Football Club have a lot to answer for.
Go on then - what's your name and address?

Right so the documents have been released and the investigation decided nothing to see here.

Time to move on folks
Nah champ. No moving on when a forced resignation and reputational damage has occurred left right and centre. The complainants and AFL should be crushed and sued however possible. To be able to throw rocks and get away with it because you are in a minority group is not on.

not until hawks penalised and the nuffy journo russell jackson who released the story without getting the defendants view

Jackson is cooked as a journalist.

Who in their right mind would go to him with sensitive information?

He just created a lot of pain for people and no benefit for anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It works both ways.

The same can be said for the accusers.

Their credibility and motive as realiable witnesses is going to be brought to bear.

That includes things like possible past/present drug addictions, gambling addictions, infidelity, their relationships with their partners at the time, medical records, what they discussed with Egan initially, when they first discussed compensation, their behavior whilst they were at the club, their behavior prior to the club, their upbringing, their parents and family environments, past criminal convictions, criminal convictions since the accusations etc.

They were clearly petrified of public opinion and there was more than enough insinuation by the media that there’s problems with a few of these points.

They will wish it was played out initially in the media compared to a defense KC going in depth into the above in Federal Court, under oath.
I'm talking about the suggestion of the coaches sueing for defamation.

Jackson is cooked as a journalist.

Who in their right mind would go to him with sensitive information?

He just created a lot of pain for people and no benefit for anyone.
Come off it. He's one of the best sports journalists in the country.

Nothing in that statement stopping them going after the accused individually

Great question from Robbo
True but do they have the intestinal fortitude? Clearly they wanted to hide behind the process and the AFL. Now if they want to challenge them personally means they have to reveal themselves and their evidence in a very public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back