NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
Dutton or Frydenberg or whoever claiming people were afraid to go out to dinner.
Yeah it was an appalling time in Australian history.

Don't get me wrong about this. I'm glad this process is playing out. Its a PITA cos it involves my club but its a good thing its happening, and I genuinely think Clarkson will come out of it looking better than he does in some peoples eyes here. There's some people here would make good witch burners with a different lot of cultural programming.

But its a good thing this is happening because it wouldn't have in the past.

Was waiting for wokeness to be raised as the real problem :rolleyes:

Here's a thought, maybe they simply don't know ferball's gender and did not assume, as has been the case for centuries when someone does not know the gender of the person to whom they are referring.

Please consider how very little anyone cares what you were waiting for. Although I am reasonably confident that you spend your entire life in a state of twitching anticipation waiting for it, poised to pounce.

Perhaps better to observe a clear identification of gender (as opposed to gender identification, to be clear) in the very post being sneeringly responded to with gratuitous addition of they.

Please consider how very little anyone cares what you were waiting for. Although I am reasonably confident that you spend your entire life in a state of twitching anticipation waiting for it, poised to pounce.

Perhaps better to observe a clear identification of gender (as opposed to gender identification, to be clear) in the very post being sneeringly responded to with gratuitous addition of they.
I wasn't the one that raised gender apropos of nothing. That was your 'twitchy' finger.

Funny how scandals for some clubs get dragged into the spotlight by AFL media for months at a time, while for others they are just quietly swept under the rug.
Hawthorn tortured a lot of souls through the 70s and 80s those souls are now in the media

We will get tma similar set up in another 20 years

Funny how scandals for some clubs get dragged into the spotlight by AFL media for months at a time, while for others they are just quietly swept under the rug.
It’s been handed to an independent panel to investigate. There seems to be a lack of cooperation not least from the people making the accusations. What would you have the AFL do?

The couple's lawyer, Judy Courtin, released a statement on Tuesday, which quoted the couple as saying they were "left sitting in our pain, re-traumatised and feeling blamed and invalidated".

"We feel that Hawthorn and the AFL have attempted to wipe their hands clean of us, and worse, to blame us for what happened to us," the couple said in the statement.

"They have publicly stated that they are supporting us, but in private, we feel torment at every turn. Often, we are obtaining information via the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We feel that Hawthorn and the AFL have attempted to wipe their hands clean of us, and worse, to blame us for what happened to us," the couple said in the statement.”

Where has this happened? They’ve refused to participate in an investigation, and then claim they’ve been ignored. They also complain about the report going public, never mind that they’d already gone to the media by that stage.

It seems the only thing they will accept is an unconditional acceptance of their version of events. But fine, “consider your legal options”, and let’s get this thing into a court of law, all cards on the table.

They won’t of course.

Last edited:
Seems pathetic from Hawthorn not to fully fund their counselling.

Also seems odd that the couple are complaining about the legalistic and adversarial nature of the investigation whilst threatening legal action.

Seems pathetic from Hawthorn not to fully fund their counselling.
Again there are no doubt two sides to this as well. Reeves:

"Our focus has and will always be on the well-being of everyone involved. The Club has provided support to the family referred to by Judy Courtin. This includes agreeing to provide financial support for 30 counselling sessions to a counsellor of their choice. The club will continue to provide support for anyone that requires it, as we have previously committed."

I’m not sure I’d necessarily take anything Courtin says as gospel.

Hawthorn tortured a lot of souls through the 70s and 80s those souls are now in the media

We will get tma similar set up in another 20 years

I haven't forgotten how the media crapped all over us during the 90's and early 2000's until we righted the ship and created a whole new generation of bitter media duds.

Hoping we do it again and make them fume even more.

"We feel that Hawthorn and the AFL have attempted to wipe their hands clean of us, and worse, to blame us for what happened to us," the couple said in the statement.”

Where has this happened? They’ve refused to participate in an investigation, and then claim they’ve been ignored. They also complain about the report going public, never mind that they’d already gone to the media by that stage.

It seems the only thing they will accept is and unconditional acceptance of their version of events. But fine, “consider your legal options”, and let’s get this thing into a court of law, all cards on the table.

They won’t of course.

Please take it to court. I want to see this play out.

I have a good idea of how it ends, so it's almost certain they won't.

Clarkson seems to be holding up ok.

calm before the storm IMO.

this isn't going to go away. hawthorn arent just going to tke the heat and let Clarkson get off scott free, if the allegations are true.

this has alot to play out and the AFL are doing their best to not let it get air time.

calm before the storm IMO.

this isn't going to go away. hawthorn arent just going to tke the heat and let Clarkson get off scott free, if the allegations are true.

this has alot to play out and the AFL are doing their best to not let it get air time.
If is a mighty big word and to date there doesn't seem to be anything coming out that will substantiate the allegations.

If is a mighty big word and to date there doesn't seem to be anything coming out that will substantiate the allegations.

wouldn't put it past Clarkson to be true.

time will tell.

Multiple reports from ex-players and their families, emails and text messages isn't 'substantiation'?

What you're saying is that you simply don't believe them, and unless something new comes out, you think they're all lying?

Please take it to court. I want to see this play out.

I have a good idea of how it ends, so it's almost certain they won't.

Some of the Aboriginal families would happily see it go to court. Maybe the only way they will get it to be addressed 'independently'.

Multiple reports from ex-players and their families, emails and text messages isn't 'substantiation'?

What you're saying is that you simply don't believe them, and unless something new comes out, you think they're all lying?
A few unsubstantiated allegations that are disputed by Clarkson/Fagan.

No proof that what was alleged happened as stated when Rusty shot his load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back