Hawthorn v Geelong, AFL Round 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely high possession game, 405-371, but in the end the Cats used their inside 50s with a lot more efficiency.

Dont get me wrong ca, I wanted you guys to win, but you looked to be in trouble half way through the 2 nd half
Don't disagree was looking pretty bad during that period just can't discount the will to win against the Hawks our boys have, even the new guys look like they have taken it upon themselves to carry it on.

End of game SC scores
BGv5X5RCIAAuBmB.jpg

As a neutral, was just wondering whether cats fans reckon this makes up for the 89, 08 GF losses. A few non-cats fans reckon it might but just wanted to hear from some catters? I'm honestly not too sure & just curious..

Still doesn't excuse poor umpiring, Geelong were just lucky that Hawthorn weren't good enough to take advantage of the armchair ride they got today.
i was curious to get unbiased opinions on this. i know i'm biased but i thought that hawks got a lot of soft frees and 50/50's. there was definatley a couple of soft ones geelong's way but thought it was quite skewed

Are you kidding me? Jimmy is a champion who stands up when it counts. Didn't do a heap in the first 3 quarters today, but superstars manage to find a way to get into the game, and Jimmy did that in the last when it mattered most.
Except that he does it all the time now. He used to do it from start to finish, but now he relies on cameos. It can't be age maybe he just doesn't get the midfield time he used to.

As a neutral, was just wondering whether cats fans reckon this makes up for the 89, 08 GF losses. A few non-cats fans reckon it might but just wanted to hear from some catters? I'm honestly not too sure & just curious..
no - knocking em out of finals in '11 was great though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's getting ready for life in Sydney, at GWS its Coooooooool man.. At least our new YOUNG forward General Patton will have a reasonable haircut. I still don't know if Franklin is a Hawthorn player or not. At the moment according to Kennett he is off at the end of the year . Nice if he could make a decision one day.

Was a great game of footy yet again to watch.

As for Buddy there's no point worrying about it. We went through it with Cloke and the odds are he is most likely to stay at Hawthorn.

Cats have close to best youngsters in the league. How do they do it ????
Jimmy Bartel = Gun QB
Doesn't hurt when you get a couple of first rounders when you've finished top cause your best player leaves to a franchise. But their recruiters don't seem to need super high picks to pick up gems. And don't forget most of these kids have learned the caper in their 2's side and know their role before they come in, and they are playing alongside some of the all time greats of the club. Excellent drafting, excellent development and a wining environment.

5 this week for tipping. Sheesh.

Buddy yawning whilst doing a warm down, late night hey Buddy, and what's with the guy taking notes whilst Buddy is laying on the floor, wasn't a journo either, where is footy going?

Nope. Winning 09 and 11 certainly helps you get over it though.
Yeah true, All I know is that when they next meet in a Gf, the way the rivalry has built up it will be a feast for footy lovers no matter who you support. Love the way it's panned out from a psychological point of view.

Mate im birthed 86 but 89 was never ours to win, 08 we deserved and 09 we didn't on the day but thats sport. Every game is a game regardless of the prize and if one fan base wants laud past glories thats their choice. But I know which victory is easy to celebrate 30 mins after its over.
At the end of the day the players are the ones on the field, they have invested a hell of alot more than I ever will be able to. As fans its like living vicariously through your children as long as I'm enjoying the ride it will never impact the following day.
Hope this was the sort of diatribe you were hoping for....

Great game for the neutrals. God Hawthorn are mentally weak. The cats on the other hand.....what a side they are. Always a pleasure to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back