Heard a Rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Im curious THATSGOLD who do you suppose the players were playing for on Anzac day this year? If it wasn't for each other and it wasn't for Bucks, who was it? Perhaps they were playing for their mums? Perhaps they were just playing for the hell of it, down by 6 goals and nekminnit...9 goal turnaround :rollseyes: :drunk:
In the first or second quarter?
Do you really want to focus on one game and a game that we didn't turn up to until 1/4 time at that?

Thanks for sharing OP, and I think a lot of what is being said in this thread is true.

My little bro spent a bit of time going out with some of the Pies boys last year... from going to lunch to going out for a night of partying. One of the things he told me was there was definitely groups (or cliques) if you will. The guys he was going out with (high profile players...) would sit at lunch talking about "oh so and so player is a flog, that guy is a flog, this other guy doesn't want to come out partying with us so he is a flog". Seemed pretty bitchy in some senses. Some of those players are no longer at the club, some are. Make of that as you will. Don't need to believe me or anything, just sharing.

^^^^
Sounds like high school stuff. Reminds me of that movie Mean Girls.

Yup, that's pretty much what I thought as well.

My own 2c... it kinda doesn't surprise me. I think we often forget that these are kids, most of which are in their 20s. Fresh from high school, straight into a system that in some senses probably more closely resembles school than a normal job. Then you add in a mix of money and fame at that age, these things don't really surprise me.

I understand your concerns, but it's probably a bit too simple to look at it that way.

It's very hard to word this without speaking out of school, but I think the AFL were starting to take a very dim view of our clubs off-field culture (ala West Coast from 05-07) so I'm ok with the natural attrition of the rat pack and associated hangers on.

What concerns me is stuff like the Lumumba situation last year (where Buckley singled him out in front of the group) which from what I've heard takes place regularly still with the element of a clique mentality. It's what is most galling about the decision to move Shaw on.

It's the leading teams garbage that feeds that sort of stuff and the sooner where shot of their cancer the better!!
Would like to hear more if you can mate. What do you mean they are being encouraged?

I think most clubs have their little cliques, but if it's turning into a bit of cancer then you've got to shut them down. I like Fasolo, but I don't like what I'm hearing...

Guys I wouldn't be panicking too much here, a quick perusal of your injury list and no team ever could cover the losses the Pies are currently suffering. Next year replace Lynch with a decent tall forward and you back in the top 4 IMO, won't take much with a fit list either way.

I never subscribe too much to rumours but one thing I have alluded to in other posts is the question mark surrounding whether or not the list cleansing that the club has been undergoing is actually finished. To my way of thinking, if it was felt last year or even earlier that there was a significant element in the list who would need turning over, it's not unreasonable to think that a single cull would possibly not get the job done. Of course this is all pure speculation but I'd have to say I wouldn't find it too surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every guy and his dog reckons he heard a rumor. Any guy can say his uncle heard that, his cat heard this.. BS

Of course, and with anything like that you have to take it with a grain of salt. I guess the thing that stands out for me, is that similar stories pop up from different people... which *may* suggest there are *some* elements of truth.

Things always look gloomy when the team is losing. Little disagreements and rifts are blown way out of proportion and seen as "in-fighting".

Winning changes all of that.

Nothing to see here.

Collingwood is too strong a club to have in-fighting derail the culture of the club. I do believe the OP as he has no reason to fabricate.

Not everyone is always going to get along at workplaces and thats what footy clubs are. In regards to someone mentioning Fasolo giving a bit of stick to Broomhead, that is pretty ordinary from Fasolo's end. There are a number of Collingwood players who are quite well known in the area i currently live and i have been told by them that Fasolo is a real poison to the club and it has got to the point where he annoys players that much that they refuse to do certain sessions with him. The direct quotes i have heard include "this bloke is the new John Anthony" when he initially got to the club. I expect Fasolo to be gone at years end.

The Pies will be fine. They will play finals in 2015. There is simply too much top end talent. The core of the team including Pendles, Beams, Sidey, Reid, Cloke need to ensure that the culture remains driven and focused.

Its certainly the year to cut some dead weight though including Fasolo, Lynch, White (make the hard call), Young and get the young guns in for a full year

Collingwood is too strong a club to have in-fighting derail the culture of the club. I do believe the OP as he has no reason to fabricate.

Not everyone is always going to get along at workplaces and thats what footy clubs are. In regards to someone mentioning Fasolo giving a bit of stick to Broomhead, that is pretty ordinary from Fasolo's end. There are a number of Collingwood players who are quite well known in the area i currently live and i have been told by them that Fasolo is a real poison to the club and it has got to the point where he annoys players that much that they refuse to do certain sessions with him. The direct quotes i have heard include "this bloke is the new John Anthony" when he initially got to the club. I expect Fasolo to be gone at years end.

The Pies will be fine. They will play finals in 2015. There is simply too much top end talent. The core of the team including Pendles, Beams, Sidey, Reid, Cloke need to ensure that the culture remains driven and focused.

Its certainly the year to cut some dead weight though including Fasolo, Lynch, White (make the hard call), Young and get the young guns in for a full year

Didn't Fasolo resign this year are further two years? Not that means much these days.

Hi guy, new to the forum and big pies fan, in regards to rumours I had a mate attend the pies carlton game second time
around and he's a carlscum supporter and mention he was talking to didak and didak mention that he cant stand bucks
and the dids was going for carlton that night and as for swan also heard froma source a while back that swanny mention
if he was 2 to 3 years younger he would of left as well. I think bucks needs to stop thinking that everyone needs to replicate
him and I think he really needs to change for next year cause it aint working.

Thanks for your post, welcome to our board. I dont doubt his sincerity either but its also possible he and his dad (was it?) are hearing 2+2 and getting 5. Certain people not getting on with certain people doesnt have to impact on the way the team plays at all and frankly I'd be pretty pissed off if it did. Maybe its not a good comparison but I've played football with heaps of people I didnt like at all and it didnt stop me from backing them 100% on the field. But maybe the difference between professional and amateur is meaningful there.

As for Fasolo, no experience of him in real life but he comes across as a bit of a dick in the media he does so when people say he is, it isnt that hard to believe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back