Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
olly booted 6 on saturday and was clearly best on ground.

was also in the best at our ball saturday night if that counts for anything:D

im not sure if you read the post correctly there arab.....

never mentioned that oliver was no good. simply stated that he played at a higher level and should be a great player in the HDFL. i watched him every week at rochester and he was fantastic

a previous post stated carroll is stamping himself as a great player within the league and i agreed. never said oliver had to prove himself, simply commented on how good carroll was and thought he should be acknowledged

Please give me a spell champ. I hear silly things most days but you have won hands down today.

no need to be so rude or get upset arab, simply my opinion. next time read the post carefully. if you dont understand it give me a call and i will read it slowly for you

im not sure if you read the post correctly there arab.....

never mentioned that oliver was no good. simply stated that he played at a higher level and should be a great player in the HDFL. i watched him every week at rochester and he was fantastic

a previous post stated carroll is stamping himself as a great player within the league and i agreed. never said oliver had to prove himself, simply commented on how good carroll was and thought he should be acknowledged

Please give me a spell champ. I hear silly things most days but you have won hands down today.

no need to be so rude or get upset arab, simply my opinion. next time read the post carefully. if you dont understand it give me a call and i will read it slowly for you

I love it when blokes state an opinion and as soon as its challenged you havent read it correctly.

Now let me tell you a few things. Didnt mention Oliver mentioned Mellington but in your haste to make a rash response you didnt read that. Great players in a league are few and far between. Last great player in the HDFL(not club) was Damien Lock or Aaron James who performed every week and drew people in to watch.
So in closing my argument I would like to ask "who needs the reading lessons one nut? as you completely balls your response to make yourself look smart but unfortunately didnt work

Considering the plight of the Heathcote Under 17's and the fact that the SDJFL and BJFL is now an even number competion (ie U12's, 14's 16's), now is the time for the HDFL to look at the revamping the underage comp to under 18's. With club's being decimated by junior players leaving for neighbouring leagues with an under 18 comp, now is the time for the league to seriously look at increasing the age level to Under 18.

After coming out of junior footy, the majority of kids don't want to play for 1 season in the underage division at a senior club before they are thrown in the midst of open age football against some rather "grown" men. Most of them need two years in an under age comp to develop confidence and most importantly body size before they are ready to take on fully grown men.

To me its a no brainer to change to the Under 18's. From a club's perspective they get the kids to stay with them in the jnr comp for another year (as opposed to leaving their club to play U18's at either CMFL, RDFL, GVFL or BFL), the parents feel more comfortable in allowing their son to play at that club, the kids have another year at junior age footy which allows there bodies to develop more before they are thrust into open age competition, and there is a consistency of age divisions across neighbouring leagues.

If the club delegates of the HDFL can't see this - then the VCFL needs to step in an make the junior comps across the state U18's. To my knowledge there are only 3 VCFL leagues left still playing at an U17 age division - which are the MCDFL, HDFL & LVFL.

Happy to start the discussion, with a question. why cant the VCFL step in and move the junior competions that are not afiliated with a seniors league to a tuesday or a wednesday or even friday night, and can be used to select your teams for saturday : make it so they can only play short matches, at the moment heathcote and bendigo teams in the HDFL are disadvantaged in the eyes of the parents with there travelling, gate price and smaller age gaps, its all a plus for them. maybe the VCFL should do every thing possible to preserve the country football family orientated culture. what are the percentages of kids in those junior comps going on to play any senior footy compared to the kids that grow up around a senior football netball club. theres a start.

I love it when blokes state an opinion and as soon as its challenged you havent read it correctly.

Now let me tell you a few things. Didnt mention Oliver mentioned Mellington but in your haste to make a rash response you didnt read that. Great players in a league are few and far between. Last great player in the HDFL(not club) was Damien Lock or Aaron James who performed every week and drew people in to watch.
So in closing my argument I would like to ask "who needs the reading lessons one nut? as you completely balls your response to make yourself look smart but unfortunately didnt work

what ever keeps you happy mate
as they always say.. its only a game

cough...oliver what ? only played 3 games this year. came from a stronger league show he should be a handy player. bung has shown great form over a number of years. great player and unfair not to acknowledge his acheivements

Cough..... oliver.....cough should kick a bag this week,Elmore have a lot of injuries:D

Cough..... oliver.....cough should kick a bag this week,Elmore have a lot of injuries:D
Word I got Ump is, and don't quote me because you know you can't believe everythink you read on here but word has it and you can check on sportingpulse if you like (click on clearences) but word is Elmore have this new bloke and I hear he packs a wallop, He's been around since, well WWII (World War 2 for you young blokes) anyhow he is Non other than Bren Gunn, word is I'm told Elmore are gunna set him up on the back of that painters trailer at CHB so Oliver can't get past.:D

To me its a no brainer to change to the Under 18's. From a club's perspective they get the kids to stay with them in the jnr comp for another year (as opposed to leaving their club to play U18's at either CMFL, RDFL, GVFL or BFL), the parents feel more comfortable in allowing their son to play at that club, the kids have another year at junior age footy which allows there bodies to develop more before they are thrust into open age competition, and there is a consistency of age divisions across neighbouring leagues.

If the club delegates of the HDFL can't see this - then the VCFL needs to step in an make the junior comps across the state U18's. To my knowledge there are only 3 VCFL leagues left still playing at an U17 age division - which are the MCDFL, HDFL & LVFL.

The PDFL & MFL operate as Under 17s. This is due to clubs having U14s and U17s. It would be a great step for 14 yo to be playing against 18 yo kids, who are legally driving and able to drink.

The PDFL & MFL operate as Under 17s. This is due to clubs having U14s and U17s. It would be a great step for 14 yo to be playing against 18 yo kids, who are legally driving and able to drink.

great, your joking right? there is a huge difference between 14 and 18. and it wouldnt be just 14. What happens when your teams the are already currently playing 12/13 year olds have to step up to your bendigo teams or heathcote that have the numbers to feild 16's and 18's, you will have 22 players from the ages of 16-18 playing a team that could be 12 - 18.

Going to be some tough decisions either way guys......

great, your joking right? there is a huge difference between 14 and 18. and it wouldnt be just 14. What happens when your teams the are already currently playing 12/13 year olds have to step up to your bendigo teams or heathcote that have the numbers to feild 16's and 18's, you will have 22 players from the ages of 16-18 playing a team that could be 12 - 18.

Going to be some tough decisions either way guys......

12 to 14yo's shouldn't be playing at U17/18 level (unless they're the next Tim Watson). If they are playing at that level to help out the club that's great, but the reality is these players should be progressing through the junior ranks 1st before taking on the older age divisions. The point I was originally trying to make which may have been misconstrued, is there should be standardisation of all junior age levels across all VCFL leagues. This would solve the age old argument about 17's v 18's for once and for all.

12 to 14yo's shouldn't be playing at U17/18 level (unless they're the next Tim Watson). If they are playing at that level to help out the club that's great, but the reality is these players should be progressing through the junior ranks 1st before taking on the older age divisions. The point I was originally trying to make which may have been misconstrued, is there should be standardisation of all junior age levels across all VCFL leagues. This would solve the age old argument about 17's v 18's for once and for all.

You clearly have had no involvement with HDFL U/17's over the last 25 years and shouldn't be commenting on this. The smaller towns in the league have every year played 12 -14 year olds to fill a team in probably every game. Do some research chump. It's country footy, thats the way it works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Age of junior comps is often being bandied around in a few leagues and generally has the same arguement, " our kids play under 17's with us then go to the major league under 18 comps " to remain in junior football, play a better standard and/or to play with mates .

I can't be convinced any junior major league comp is better than any district league senior grade.
Young people are developing younger now more now than ever !( steriods in chooks:D ?)
Selections for TAC sides, Poineers, is done whilst the players are at under 17 level.
The issus with young kids wanting to play another year of junior footy I think is more to do with the inability of clubs to intergrat their junior and senior grades and young players being overawed by the thought of playing or training with the senior grades.
Often junior district league players have played with mates from 12 - 17, why all of a sudden do they change who their mates are ?
The biggest number of players who want to play AFL and aren't, is the younger age bracket 12 and under !
The major league clubs have been very good at marketing themselves to attract district league top age players , to the stage that some have even been rumoured to be offering incentives to players and parents !
Increasing age groups is only delaying the process, at some stage players must go from a junior footballer to a senior footballer !
I think clubs need to assess their ability to develop young players to senior players, more so than looking at increasing the age of juniors .
Unfortunately senior and junior interaction is the one thing which has declined significantly in the past 10-15 years and to some the step up from juniors to senior ( grades ) is more daunting now than it ever has been , and some junior players don't feel part of the whole club !

I started playing u17s when I was 9 because if a few guys my age didnt play the club wouldnt field a side, this was the same case until I was 14 and playing u17s and u14s for Rochy. The reality is places like Elmore, Colbo and Mounts have to play young kids to have a side and if they dont the 15,16 and 17 year olds will go into Bendigo/Rochy anyway.

The real problem is the regions playing age. Parents don't want their 14 year old son playing against 18 year old men. LBU, Elmore and Colbo have u14s (Elmore and Colbo recently) and thats great for the footy clubs but if they do raise the age from u17s to u18s they could look to raise the age from u14s to u15 or something along those lines to reduce the age gap between the levels.

We don't really have junior(school) comps stealing all our players though (I didn't even know they existed untill I was about 15). There's one in Shepp, Campaspe, Yarrawonga and I think Cobram might have something going now. So small towns like Waaia and the like dont have too many problems getting kids to fill two teams.

Having said that most junior numbers go up and down for example Picola 4ths(U/14's) won a flag a few years ago and now the 3rds rely on a bus load of Tongala kids to make up the numbers. Numurkah 4ths have over 40 kids, yet 2 mins South at Wunghnu they only have five and they play 3rds and forfeit the 4ths!:confused:
Echuca United had over 40 kids(had to cut kids) and made the grand final every year, now because they cut kids those family's left the club and now for the second year in a row Echuca Unt don't have a 4ths team.:confused:

I believe there shouldn't be junior comps. The system we have works perfect. I have three brothers, one's 19 (second year with the men), one's 16 (last year of 3rds and has played a few games up) and one 14 (last year of 4ths, he's coming up on his 100th match).

For the larger populations, E.G. GVFL & BFL more age groups. Most likely wouldn't work, but it's good to align with a club from a young age.(One close to home or where your Mum/Dad plays/follows).

The VCFL needs a kick up the arse either way, because country footy's not right the way it is at the moment. My problem is I'm allowed to play with any league in the world except the one where my family is (MFL) because one league administrator's got in for me. My club put up $750 to appeal to the VCFL and they let the Murray League's decision stand. Work that out!:confused:

For the larger populations, E.G. GVFL & BFL more age groups. Most likely wouldn't work, but it's good to align with a club from a young age.(One close to home or where your Mum/Dad plays/follows).

It work's for the NTFL in Darwin, some clubs have multiple teams in one age group and none in others.
MFL netball league is similar with some clubs not filling every grade now that Under 12's have been added in between U/11's and U/13's.

It work's for the NTFL in Darwin, some clubs have multiple teams in one age group and none in others.
MFL netball league is similar with some clubs not filling every grade now that Under 12's have been added in between U/11's and U/13's.
i think we should start a new thread if this keeps up. what about liechy getting there first win, elmore 5 goals in three quarters then 8 in the last, i heard lbu had no bench for the last quarter. got some bloody good kids coming up and sometimes you get that.

i think we should start a new thread if this keeps up. what about liechy getting there first win, elmore 5 goals in three quarters then 8 in the last, i heard lbu had no bench for the last quarter. got some bloody good kids coming up and sometimes you get that.

Good to see Liechy win their first game,they have 2 Saturdays off the Interleague game then thier bye. So they will be fresh to take on Huntly 2 wins a row i expect

Watched the Mounts and Heathcote game on the weekend, Heathcote just seem to be cruising along and can step there game up when challenged. Any news on what happened to the young fella who got stretchered of at the end, didn't look in a good way?
Chapman made an arse out of himself after kicking a goal, giving the crowd the bird and rubbing his groin to them, didn't look real flash, my little one asked me if he needed to go to the toilet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back