Heathcote DFL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure in 93 when our u/17 side coached by Bully Mainsbridge played the LVFL at the QEO, a HDFL under 21s team played afterwards with guys like Dave McConnell, Big Blacky from Colbo, Mark Ingram from Elmore, maybe even big Dale Phillips and the like participating - with a senior clash then played after that. A year or two before I think the HDFL played the RDFL at Broadford and there may have been 3 matches played that day also????

Anyone of the older/wiser heads who have been around a while remember if it was in fact 21s or perhaps it was 23s????

Back in the early 90's the HDFL did have an U21 interleague that played against the LVFL. seemed to work well

Reckon you fit categories there old Saint ;) . . . . . older & wiser :thumbsu:

There was a good article in The Sunday Age on Leitchville-Gunbower, the picture had them running out in a black and white jumper. Is that the strip they wear every game or just when there is a jumper clash?

There was a good article in The Sunday Age on Leitchville-Gunbower, the picture had them running out in a black and white jumper. Is that the strip they wear every game or just when there is a jumper clash?
It's just there clash jumper for when they play clubs like Heathcote and White Hills

Gee it's gone a bit quiet on here over the last couple of days. Tips for the weekend:

Heathcote v Elmore by 25pts (tough at home, slightly stronger forward line)
North Bendigo v L/Gunbower by 50pts (again very hard to get a win at north and at the moment Leitchy dont know how to win it seems)
LBU v Huntly by 60pts (coming off huge win, at home and in good form, too strong and pollished all over the ground)
White Hills v Mount Pleasent by 10pts (hopefully our pace and quick ball movement can get us over the line)

Gee it's gone a bit quiet on here over the last couple of days. Tips for the weekend:

North Bendigo v L/Gunbower by 50pts (again very hard to get a win at north and at the moment Leitchy dont know how to win it seems)
LBU v Huntly by 60pts (coming off huge win, at home and in good form, too strong and pollished all over the ground)
White Hills v Mount Pleasent by 10pts (hopefully our pace and quick ball movement can get us over the line)

Hope your right Squared, Fanto thinks that for this to happen it will require all 22 on the park to have a red hot crack. No room for passengers against this mob.

Hope your right Squared, Fanto thinks that for this to happen it will require all 22 on the park to have a red hot crack. No room for passengers against this mob.

Couldnt agree more! No room for passengers against any mob at the moment, we just need to make sure we kick straight and hopefully out run them. Finger crossed!:thumbsu:

***** Gold Coast Football club will be training at Tannery Lane tonight (Friday) from 4pm onwards (not sure of exact starting time).

All welcome to attend to watch the GC boys train as they prepare to take on the Bendigo Bombers tomorrow at the QEO) *****

Apologies for the late notice, but only found out this morning....

Elmore by 32
North by 25
LBU by 90
Mounts by 17

Should be an interesting week of footy. Congratulations to Rob "Bomber" Bennett on his 200th game for North:thumbsu:

Daniel "Bung" Carroll is stamping himself as the best footballer in the league. I have the pleasure of watching him every week but from what I have seen he is a class above.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See A.James touched up Broadford with 15 goals.

Wasn't there but from all reports it was a sad day yesty hagans . . . . just think had a bunch of naive young blokes not been brainwashed and influence on one side of a story (Im still $hitty the HDFL never got a right of reply like the BFL did with Gisborne) we may have still been giving you all the $hits lobbying to go to under 18's for an 8th straight year :D

My signature (below) sums it up I reckon . . .

Wasn't there but from all reports it was a sad day yesty hagans . . . . just think had a bunch of naive young blokes not been brainwashed and influence on one side of a story (Im still $hitty the HDFL never got a right of reply like the BFL did with Gisborne) we may have still been giving you all the $hits lobbying to go to under 18's for an 8th straight year :D

My signature (below) sums it up I reckon . . .

Considering the plight of the Heathcote Under 17's and the fact that the SDJFL and BJFL is now an even number competion (ie U12's, 14's 16's), now is the time for the HDFL to look at the revamping the underage comp to under 18's. With club's being decimated by junior players leaving for neighbouring leagues with an under 18 comp, now is the time for the league to seriously look at increasing the age level to Under 18.

After coming out of junior footy, the majority of kids don't want to play for 1 season in the underage division at a senior club before they are thrown in the midst of open age football against some rather "grown" men. Most of them need two years in an under age comp to develop confidence and most importantly body size before they are ready to take on fully grown men.

To me its a no brainer to change to the Under 18's. From a club's perspective they get the kids to stay with them in the jnr comp for another year (as opposed to leaving their club to play U18's at either CMFL, RDFL, GVFL or BFL), the parents feel more comfortable in allowing their son to play at that club, the kids have another year at junior age footy which allows there bodies to develop more before they are thrust into open age competition, and there is a consistency of age divisions across neighbouring leagues.

If the club delegates of the HDFL can't see this - then the VCFL needs to step in an make the junior comps across the state U18's. To my knowledge there are only 3 VCFL leagues left still playing at an U17 age division - which are the MCDFL, HDFL & LVFL.

Happy to start the discussion on this one. Maybe this topic is one that The Talking Goat could run with in his paper....

If the club delegates of the HDFL can't see this - then the VCFL needs to step in an make the junior comps across the state U18's. To my knowledge there are only 3 VCFL leagues left still playing at an U17 age division - which are the MCDFL, HDFL & LVFL.
You would be surprised how many leagues still have Under 17's, some of the other leagues with Under 17's relatively close to the Heathcote DFL include the Murray FL, Picola DFL (both NW & SE) and Golden Rivers FL definitely have Under 17's and I think the Central Murray FL might.

However I agree with what you're saying; I can't understand what the disadvantage of raising it to Under 18's would be, or more to the point what the advantage of having an Under 17's competition is. The league has already lost a club because of this issue, surely that would have to be evidence enough to justify seriously considering the change?

You would be surprised how many leagues still have Under 17's, some of the other leagues with Under 17's relatively close to the Heathcote DFL include the Murray FL, Picola DFL (both NW & SE) and Golden Rivers FL definitely have Under 17's and I think the Central Murray FL might.

However I agree with what you're saying; I can't understand what the disadvantage of raising it to Under 18's would be, or more to the point what the advantage of having an Under 17's competition is. The league has already lost a club because of this issue, surely that would have to be evidence enough to justify seriously considering the change?

The Central Murray is still Under 17's i think. In the past there has been a rule in place that clubs who are battling for numbers were able to play an overage (player who had just missed the age cut off) provided they had not played senior footy. This worked well. There had been discussions about raising the age to Under 18's but i think it got knocked on the head due to concerns about the age and size differences of kids coming out of the Under 15's going up against Under 18's

The Central Murray is still Under 17's i think. In the past there has been a rule in place that clubs who are battling for numbers were able to play an overage (player who had just missed the age cut off) provided they had not played senior footy. This worked well. There had been discussions about raising the age to Under 18's but i think it got knocked on the head due to concerns about the age and size differences of kids coming out of the Under 15's going up against Under 18's
If you read saintsby12 post root you will see that SDJFL and BJFL have 12's 14's 16's so 15's don't apply. I think from this topic before discussed that the Northern teams (LBU and Elmore have 15's maybe 15.5's).:thumbsu:

Daniel "Bung" Carroll is stamping himself as the best footballer in the league. I have the pleasure of watching him every week but from what I have seen he is a class above.......

i watched the game against elmore at the weekend and this guy is a class act.
has all the time in the world and very rarely does he waste a kick. he is great to watch and it would be great for the HFNC if he decides to stay around the club for a little while yet. i have seen some clubs pay huge $$$ for players that have half this guys talent. i am sure this guy is getting payed to play, one thing is for sure he is worth every penny he gets

cough...oliver what ? only played 3 games this year. came from a stronger league show he should be a handy player. bung has shown great form over a number of years. great player and unfair not to acknowledge his acheivements

So let me get this right. Essentially what you are saying is that is a better player comes from a better league and he still has to prove himself that he is a good player. You have stated in your comments "unfair not to acknowledge his achievements"

I used to watch Mellington sit on every Rochester defenders head when playing at Shepp and I would say he is still a classy footballer in country circles but I would not say he has to prove himself in the HDFL as he has already been there and done it. Whose got the better credentials over a longer period Mellington or Carroll? 2 years of playing well is probably not aas impressive as 10 years of playing well. But as per your statement Mellington will be "Handy" after a couple of years.

Please give me a spell champ. I hear silly things most days but you have won hands down today.

So let me get this right. Essentially what you are saying is that is a better player comes from a better league and he still has to prove himself that he is a good player. You have stated in your comments "unfair not to acknowledge his achievements"

I used to watch Mellington sit on every Rochester defenders head when playing at Shepp and I would say he is still a classy footballer in country circles but I would not say he has to prove himself in the HDFL as he has already been there and done it. Whose got the better credentials over a longer period Mellington or Carroll? 2 years of playing well is probably not aas impressive as 10 years of playing well. But as per your statement Mellington will be "Handy" after a couple of years.

Please give me a spell champ. I hear silly things most days but you have won hands down today.

Im not sure if you read the post correctly there arab.....He was saying to Chad Sexington that Bung has been a great player over the years and it was ignorant on his behalf not to acknowledge his achievements by simply replying "cough, oliver, cough".

I think everyone knows that Oliver is a damn good player but so far this year we have had people saying he should be coach of the interleague team and now giving him the tag as the best player in the league. How can anyone take that tag if they have done nothing in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back