Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Help me pick a team!

Don't know if I could have two teams and really consider myself a serious fan of either to be honest. I'm leaning towards the Jets, but while Graham is at Arizona I could never root against him. Maybe I'll just let it play out a little while longer.

Don't know if I could have two teams and really consider myself a serious fan of either to be honest. I'm leaning towards the Jets, but while Graham is at Arizona I could never root against him. Maybe I'll just let it play out a little while longer.

At least you've finally come clean... that's all I wanna hear/ read. Over time of more interest.. knowledge, you'll get a better grip of the team that appeals more. You've progressed from passive to admiration for BG. :thumbsu: My idol moved three times after the Steelers but I stuck with the Steelers. Middle of the road team at the time. Getting on the J-E-T-S with Rex Ryan-Sanchez starting out...is good timing. ;)

Yep, everything I've seen and heard out of Rex Ryan has been nothing short of brilliant. And having two promising rookies at play making positions is an obvious draw card for sure. The last thing I want to be is a bandwagon jumper, but I have my reasons for either side at the moment, just see how it goes I guess. Could come down to a Madden 10 sudden death titlefight.

At least you've finally come clean... that's all I wanna hear/ read. Over time of more interest.. knowledge, you'll get a better grip of the team that appeals more. You've progressed from passive to admiration for BG. :thumbsu: My idol moved three times after the Steelers but I stuck with the Steelers. Middle of the road team at the time. Getting on the J-E-T-S with Rex Ryan-Sanchez starting out...is good timing. ;)

Here here!!

I followed the Cards very closely when Emmitt went there in 2003 and was devestated he didnt play out his career in Dallas but there was no way i was changing teams. :thumbsu:

Yep, everything I've seen and heard out of Rex Ryan has been nothing short of brilliant. And having two promising rookies at play making positions is an obvious draw card for sure. The last thing I want to be is a bandwagon jumper, but I have my reasons for either side at the moment, just see how it goes I guess. Could come down to a Madden 10 sudden death titlefight.

Honestly, noone in their right mind would bandwagon to the Jets. You're safe.

Honestly, noone in their right mind would bandwagon to the Jets. You're safe.

Exactly, and if we ever get to the point where we have bandwagon fans then I couldn't give a s**t because it means we're doing something right. Or we signed that guy from Twilight or something.

Spot on there STO.

I am die hard Cowboy supporter first and foremost but i have a real soft spot for the Bengals and the Colts also. Bengals because i loved Boomer and Colts because i was a huge fan of Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison.

I had a soft spot for the Rams because of Marshall Faulk...obviously I started watching in a different era :D

Also, for the first 5 years or so, I was quite fond of the Broncos. Had a Griese top and a Terrell Davis top. I still consider them my 'AFC team', but its a very clear second these days

Also looking for a team for the 10-11 season, just going to enjoy these playoffs... I've jumped around a bit over the last few years, most teams pretty much due to the nickname. First off Panthers, because I like panthers, then Seahawks, because of the nickname, then Eagles due to liking eagles (have a big soft spot for West Coast) and I love Sav but he won't be around for ever, then the Falcons because I also like falcons and playing as Vick on ESPN NFL 2K5. I have a thing for birds but none of these teams have felt right and I've barely been following them. I'm thinking of the Cards for next season, mainly because I'm looking at doing study abroad in Arizona next year (already getting on ASU for next season) so it seems logical to follow the Cardinals.. and they continue on in the bird theme.. and being a team that manages to completely **** up at the end of a game/season, as a previous post eluded to, it would also make sense seing I'm a mad Collingwood supporter. If they manage to lose the superbowl again this year it's almost a no brainer.

How on earth do the Cardinals **** up at the end of the season. Our recent playoff record is 4-1, hardly ****ing anything up.

And also worth mentioning, the Cards defeated the Cowboys as extreme underdogs back in the 1998 post season. That's one MIGHTY BIG scalp as the Cowboys won the NFC East although ARZ were in the same division.. the NFL were f**** around with division alignment around then so for a West located team to travel on the other side of the country to play their division rivals, it's a BIG thing to go into Dallas and take 'em down.

How on earth do the Cardinals **** up at the end of the season. Our recent playoff record is 4-1, hardly ****ing anything up.

Someone mentioned something about heartbreaking losses for the Cards so I was assuming it was postseason.. wouldn't have a clue tbh, my mistake.

Hi guys.

I follow a team in pretty much every professional sport other than NFL. I don't know why this is, but I have gone my entire life without really 'feeling' anything for a particular side. I enjoy watching the game and understand it completely, however I'm always the impartial observer who doesn't really mind who gets up.

With a new season just weeks away (and the new Madden 10 game on shelves tonight - here's a thread on it), I want some gridiron fans to help me pick a team!

I don't really have any iron-clad criteria as yet, but I'm sure I'll think of a few basic ones as I go. Just thought I'd put the feelers out first and see what people's logic was for pointing me toward a particular team!

Preferably not an all-star team at the pinnacle of the sport, but nobody that stinks either. Probably a team that has great growth potential and isn't full of jerks! Let me know your thoughts.
I haven't read a single post in this forum, but I think the choice is pretty obvious if you're a St Kilda fan - The Saints!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome :D

It's my first year as a J-E-T-S fan (see original post in this thread) and have loved following every game.

With young guns in key positions and a first rate coaching structure, I think the future will be bright.

How 'bout incl. the J-E-T-S in your other teams under your avatar/ AFL team listing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back