Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, now he will be completly confused as we have chosen the complete opposites:D:D

Yeah, there is perfectly valid argument both ways. If I were to bet on a highest scorer for the round I would pick Cornes but if I were to pick the player most likely to score over 100 I would pick Cross. Tough choice.

I think Rioli is better and more consistent than Gamble but I think Geelong will kick 20+ goals and Gamble could very well bag 3-4 then.

I think Houli & Proud are much better players than Tuck & Pfeiffer.

Yes i watched the game but i doubt you did after making stupid comments like that. If you think he is going to be value for money your dreaming.He will play on and off the bench this week and will be lucky to get a look in for the remainder of the year

He is 94K! if he scores 2 he is value for money if you use he the right way.
I dont think there is much doubt he'll play his three games pretty quickly and make a lot of owners very happy.
I totally agree with the Big body theory! It was a crash and bash type game that was never going to suit young Albert (great name).
At least give him a crack in the dry.

wel thanks for tht guys, woks out tht

im goin with my own opinion, which is undecided! lol.....its really gonna be a lucky guess for all pozzi'z, all i want outta the 3 rookies starting is 200 between them. how bout u try this

which option?

(A)
Proud
Houli
Gamble

(B)
Proud
Houli
Rioli

(C)
Proud
Tuck
Gamble

(D)
Proud
Tuck
Rioli

(E)
Pfieffer
Houli
Gamble

(F)
Prieffer
Houli
Rioli

(G)
Pfieffer
Tuck
Gamble

(H)
Pfieffer
Tuck
Rioli

all 3 players will be starting form the option voted most

I want 10 sepperate votes before deciding the winner, lol, cheers

wel thanks for tht guys, woks out tht

im goin with my own opinion, which is undecided! lol.....its really gonna be a lucky guess for all pozzi'z, all i want outta the 3 rookies starting is 200 between them. how bout u try this

which option?
To be honest all players you have listed all have positives.
Houli - Haven't seen him play yet but sounds like he is capable of producing the score required
Tuck - Watched him last week & used the ball well & proved he can produce the score required.
Gamble - Also has shown he can produce the required scores & is part of a good team that uses the ball well.
Proud - Tried hard last week & is worth another chance in better conditions
Pfieffer - produced a respectable score for his first game last week
Rioli - Has proven he can produce the scores as well

So all has their own positives. So go with your gut.;):thumbsu:

Quick question Walesy:

At the moment, in the "total movement" column, is that how much each player will go up or down by...IF they score their current average this round (3)? Assuming that round 3 will be their third game.

If I click on someone like Rioli, it says his current 'total movement' is 187'300, yet when i click on his name, and his average of 90.5 is entered for rounds 3, 4 and 5. OR does that mean his price will go up by 187300 after round 5 if he continues his 90.5 average up until round 5?

Just trying to work out how quickly these prices go up and down.
I'm hoping that a 90.5 game this week will see him go up 187'300.

Cheers:thumbsu:

(this post is also on the "too serious" thread....not sure which one you check):D

ok i hav built up the guts to ask this question...(im aware i will look like a dick head).....but wat does IMO and JABRONI mean?

:eek:

Ok with Dew out injred I'm contemplating 3 different forward to replace him. Hawkins, Boyle and Bradshaw. I can only see Hawkins playing a max of 15 rounds this year which rules him out for me. Does Boyle have a cemented spot in the Hawks forward line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so im trading hawkins for josh hill which brings rioli on my field and saves me a heap of dosh. then do i:
1) trade akker for brad johnson
2) trade kosi for cox
3) trade mcphee for either milburn/mcleod/fisher
or
4) trade p.burgoyne for fisher which saves me even more money and save up for up coming weeks???

thoughts? cheers guys:thumbsu:

so im trading hawkins for josh hill which brings rioli on my field and saves me a heap of dosh. then do i:
2) trade kosi for cox
or
4) trade p.burgoyne for fisher which saves me even more money and save up for up coming weeks???

You definitely want Cox if you can... (and you definitely want to get out of kosi if you can)... Two birds? meet Stone.

Guys, i really need a hand here. have a good solid backline of H.Shaw, Newman, C.Cornes, Gram, Waters, Taylor, Proud, Hansen.

I also have one Andrew Mackie, am wanting to trade him off. picked as i knew trhe cats would be dominant again this year but Mackie is injured and i dont think he will return to his former glory, am wanting to trade him but am not sure who for, I was wondering if anyone could throw up some suggestions and back it up with some reasoning.

I have $544,400 in the bank and was looking at these possibilites

Sam Fisher (St.Kilda) $534,100
PROS: big bodied player who takes marks and carries the ball, is creative and gets plenty of it off half back.
CONS: am not sure about him getting as much of it with Goddard back, but with the saints being oner of the "IT" teams this year possibility.

Graham Johncock (Adelaide) $464,700
PROS: hard nosed defender who doesnt shirk the contest, always goes in for the hard ball and gets the easy kicks across half back. doesnt run and carry as much as id like to see but effective none the less.
CONS: Consistency, when Crows are on Johncock is on. thats all i have

Grant Birchall (Hawthorn) 448,500
PROS: Excellent user of the ball, runs carries kicks long, does everything right, being young am not sure whether he can keep it up all year though.
CONS: with the hawks playing a fast game am not sure if he can play like this all year, high possibility though

Brett Thornton (Carlton) 405,700
PROS: takes marks, gets kicks and handballs galore across half back, with the defensive line that carlton have is a certainity to get plenty of kicks bdown their
CONS: none really, maybe consistency, will be hard to keep this form up all year and score consistant points for me.

any other suggestions, am not really fussed what people think these are just my first thoughts on who i should choose. any thoughts wouldbe great.

2) trade kosi for cox
or

Definately Kozi to Cox, just made my mrs do the same thing with hers downgrade hawksins to hill so can get coxy in now.

For the ones that were having troubles with there rookie backs I was to now knowing which ones out of thompson, proud, pfeiffer were consistently going to get a game, so I took a hit down forward even know didnt want to waste any trades yet. Akka down to Hill, Thompson upto Bock as my 7th Back. Will never have that worry all year with back rookies now.

2) trade kosi for cox
or

Kosi for Cox without doubt!! do it now!!!

I also just traded nath brown (rich) for the Porp.

what do you guys reckon? my main aim is to win my league which has prize money, im currently on top.
I have the problem of starting two rookies on the feild in the backline, atm i have Proud and Pfieffer on the field and thompson and hansen on the bench.
Should i wait at least a week pick up taylor next round or should i just get on board now.
My worry is that starting two rookies that are not always certain to get a game i would really like at least one reliable emg.
Seeing as tho head to heads dont start till next round should i just wait and pick him up next week.(this will only be his second game also so no price rise yet)

I would like anyones thoughts on who i should trade for andrew raines?
i have 309k in my salary cap plus raines' value which means i can get any backman that i would like.

My original thoughts were to get milburn and hav a bit of money spare for other trades but im not sure

anyone have suggestions???

Definately Kozi to Cox, just made my mrs do the same thing with hers downgrade hawksins to hill so can get coxy in now.

For the ones that were having troubles with there rookie backs I was to now knowing which ones out of thompson, proud, pfeiffer were consistently going to get a game, so I took a hit down forward even know didnt want to waste any trades yet. Akka down to Hill, Thompson upto Bock as my 7th Back. Will never have that worry all year with back rookies now.
ok cherrs mate im leaning towards that now...

i have thomposn, edwards and nathan brown as my rookiebacks so i just need 1 to play each week. looks like n brown will keep his spot with 2 great games so i shuld be right.

Kosi for Cox without doubt!! do it now!!!

I also just traded nath brown (rich) for the Porp.

what do you guys reckon? my main aim is to win my league which has prize money, im currently on top.
I have the problem of starting two rookies on the feild in the backline, atm i have Proud and Pfieffer on the field and thompson and hansen on the bench.
Should i wait at least a week pick up taylor next round or should i just get on board now.
My worry is that starting two rookies that are not always certain to get a game i would really like at least one reliable emg.
Seeing as tho head to heads dont start till next round should i just wait and pick him up next week.(this will only be his second game also so no price rise yet)
taylor will find himself out of the side in a few weeks i reckon with mackie, rooke and egan coming back. but if he keeps his form he might string a few games together, earn u some cash and then get rid of him again when egan is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back