Hodge gone! How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do all the hawthorn supporters in here keep conveniently ignoring the face that impact can be graded based on "potential to cause serious injury" ?
Sure if that wasn't the rule, medium impact would be the right choice, but the rule is there for a reason, and there was a huge potential to cause serious injury. It deserved high impact on that basis, if you disagree you're either f*cking stupid, a hawthorn supporter, or both. Seems to me like they're synonymous after reading this thread.

I guess Hawthorn must be looking to play West Coast in the finals, because you are having one hell of a tantrum.

Great argument. Because people don't agree with you, they are f*cking stupid, a hawthorn supporter or both. So would you say that the MRP are f*cking stupid, or 90% of media are f*cking stupid. It appears the only people who don't agree are Port fans, West Coast fans and a few jaded supporters that don't like Hawthorn.

Potential to cause serious injury is completely subjective rule, as you trying to predict what may or may not happen. Therefore there is no right or wrong application for it. There are some pretty open ended guidelines for the rule, however it seems clear that the MRP felt this did not fall in line with those guidelines.

It was either going to be 2 or 3 weeks based on the MRP guidelines. He ended up getting 2 weeks, so may have been a little lucky, but didn't get off scot-free.

Hodge has a very long history of low grade thuggery and stretching the rules. He reserves the bad ones for games where there is a bit more on the line. This suggests that they are not heat of the moment things, but cold blooded and calculated. He is seeking to affect match outcomes, not merely to contest the ball when he tries to injure an opponent. It is no coincidence that it is always opposition stars that take the big hits. He has a great role model in Leigh Matthews, who after many years admitted what he had done.
The hypocracy of Hodge's attempts to shake hands with his victims after the event is mind numbing.

Which final or grand final has he been reported in?

I guess Hawthorn must be looking to play West Coast in the finals, because you are having one hell of a tantrum.

Great argument. Because people don't agree with you, they are f*cking stupid, a hawthorn supporter or both. So would you say that the MRP are f*cking stupid, or 90% of media are f*cking stupid. It appears the only people who don't agree are Port fans, West Coast fans and a few jaded supporters that don't like Hawthorn.

Potential to cause serious injury is completely subjective rule, as you trying to predict what may or may not happen. Therefore there is no right or wrong application for it. There are some pretty open ended guidelines for the rule, however it seems clear that the MRP felt this did not fall in line with those guidelines.

It was either going to be 2 or 3 weeks based on the MRP guidelines. He ended up getting 2 weeks, so may have been a little lucky, but didn't get off scot-free.
Don't even bother, he's a child

Hodge has a very long history of low grade thuggery and stretching the rules. He reserves the bad ones for games where there is a bit more on the line. This suggests that they are not heat of the moment things, but cold blooded and calculated. He is seeking to affect match outcomes, not merely to contest the ball when he tries to injure an opponent. It is no coincidence that it is always opposition stars that take the big hits. He has a great role model in Leigh Matthews, who after many years admitted what he had done.
The hypocracy of Hodge's attempts to shake hands with his victims after the event is mind numbing.

Feel free to outline all these so called low grade thuggish acts and the games there were played in as I would be fascinated to read them. We've played in 4 grand finals since 2008, and around about 16 finals by my calculation over this time. Now, to me at least, a final is a big game. Not reported, that I can recall, in any of them. We've also had numerous big clashes against the likes of Freo, Sydney, Port, many against Geelong as well. Don't remember any reports amongst them either.

Happy to be proven wrong however, but it seems to me that your suggestion of only targeting big/important games seems to have fallen a tad flat.

Hodge has a very long history of low grade thuggery and stretching the rules. He reserves the bad ones for games where there is a bit more on the line.

What bullshit. How many times has Hodge been reported in a final or grandfinal? He's played plenty, you should be able to cite a reasonable number of such instances.

Love to see the AFL finals ad is out. Who is that as the last person on the ad? Oh my its Luke Hodge, what a ******* surprise.
Triple premiership player
Two time premiership captain
Reigning premiership captain
Two time Norm Smith medalist
Reigning Norm Snith Medalist

Who is more qualified and accomplished a finals player than Hodge?
It is an ad for the finals isn't it??

Who would you have there instead? Nic Nat? Spare me.

Last edited:

Someone from the top placed team? Or even one of the top two teams...

Love to see the AFL finals ad is out. Who is that as the last person on the ad? Oh my its Luke Hodge, what a ******* surprise.

Hahaha, there is not a person in the AFL that is a more decorated finals player.

Hell, he is one of the most decorated finals players in the history of the game.

Get around me!

1_GFSyHa14DT2390.jpg

Adam Goodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did nothing in 2012 and 2014. I dont recall him doing much in 2005 or 2006 either.

Sounds like the perfect option to promote finals footee.
Was massive for them in 06.

A lot of Hawks fans as usual frothing about a mention and missing the point. Not Hodge's fault but the AFL clearly weren't going to suspend him for finals not when he was the centre piece of their promo.

Was massive for them in 06.

A lot of Hawks fans as usual frothing about a mention and missing the point. Not Hodge's fault but the AFL clearly weren't going to suspend him for finals not when he was the centre piece of their promo.

Amazing Franklin got suspended for a final in 2013 then considering the AFL have this policy on drawcards not being suspended....not to mention Hawks= MRP pets.

Amazing Franklin got suspended for a final in 2013 then considering the AFL have this policy on drawcards not being suspended....not to mention Hawks= MRP pets.
If Hodge had executed this bump in Rd23 he would also miss a final. :rolleyes:

Its not Hodges fault the AFL want him available for the finals, It IS his fault that he likes to snipe player. What is it with think Hawks fans.

You're the one whining about an AFL conspiracy to not have Hodge rubbed out for finals because he's the face of a marketing campaign that he shouldn't be the face of.

Yeah, those Hawks fans.......... :rolleyes:

Yeah there is a long history of non Hawk players copping long punishments for not hurting other players.

Why theres ..
Um ...
... oh yes ....
wait a sec....

Oh that... nope. Hmmmm.

I think the behind play elbow last week comes closest. But he still left the ground for assessment.
Kane Cornes nudging Mitchell in the back last year comes to mind.

Chad Wingard was extremely lucky not to get badly injured after what Hodge did, and looked pretty hurt to me, lying on the ground for 5 minutes.

You're the one whining about an AFL conspiracy to not have Hodge rubbed out for finals because he's the face of a marketing campaign that he shouldn't be the face of.

Yeah, those Hawks fans.......... :rolleyes:
Not sure if you are aware but Brad Sewell was on the panel that gave Hodge two weeks.

Sure you can laugh and say "it works for us, I don't care" but to suggest there was no bias in that decision shows a clear lack of knowledge.

Not sure if you are aware but Brad Sewell was on the panel that gave Hodge two weeks.

Sure you can laugh and say "it works for us, I don't care" but to suggest there was no bias in that decision shows a clear lack of knowledge.

My hat just isn't made of tin foil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back