Blacky
GreyWind
larkis
EagleOz
scaryness
axis_miles03
sblack
Broken

You've all indicated interest, to some degree or another, in joining the league (though larkis perhaps to a lesser extent). It would be great if you could confirm if you're in or out.

I think we're short a couple of people to make a 16-league team.

I'd like to start this on Monday at 12pm AEST, so that we have enough time to work through the mini-drafts and have the league set up ready to go from week 1.

Anyone else we think might be interested? Tag 'em in.

I'm keen

Also I know it's late to make suggestions on how to set up an do the league but the idea just came to me an I'm wondering what people would think anyway.

I'm even sure that no fantasy site could do it but anyway what do people think ??

A 16 people league cutthroat position format

1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 TE
1 RB/WR
1 WR/TE
2 DL
2 LB
2 DB
1 PK
1 PN

Each person gets any 2 teams but instead of a draft or any need to pick players they get the best possible scoring outcome with any combo usage of the 2 teams owned in there respective positions.

So which of the 2 QBs your teams started with or even backups if they score higher is put in the QB slot and so forth.

Would create some interesting scores I'm sure

I'm keen

Also I know it's late to make suggestions on how to set up an do the league but the idea just came to me an I'm wondering what people would think anyway.

I'm even sure that no fantasy site could do it but anyway what do people think ??

A 16 people league cutthroat position format

1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 TE
1 RB/WR
1 WR/TE
2 DL
2 LB
2 DB
1 PK
1 PN

Each person gets any 2 teams but instead of a draft or any need to pick players they get the best possible scoring outcome with any combo usage of the 2 teams owned in there respective positions.

So which of the 2 QBs your teams started with or even backups if they score higher is put in the QB slot and so forth.

Would create some interesting scores I'm sure
Interesting idea (the scoring), too manual intensive to make it feasible.

When everything is finalised Ill make a choice if I want to be involved. Seems to still be brainstorming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright. I've created the League. You can inspect it for yourself at the following URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/282424

To summarise, the league features the following:

1x QB
1x RB
1x WR
1x TE
1x RB/WR
1x WR/TE
1x PK
2x DB
2xLB
2xDL
4xBN

I've tried to approximate cut-throat scoring as much as possible, but Yahoo does their scoring system slightly differently to ESPN so it's not 100% equivalent.

As per GG's post here, the following outlines how teams will be selected:

Four divisions - East, North, South, West
Four people in each division
All four people take ownership of the eight teams in the AFC/NFC that corresponds with their Home League division (eg., players 1-4 in East take ownership of teams in the AFC and NFC East)

In order to nominate the division in which you wish to sit, it's on a first-come, first-served basis starting in 25 minutes (12pm AEST on Tuesday, 14 July 2015).

Those four people do a draft based on the players in their AFC/NFC division (eg., players 1-4 in Homer League East must draft players from AFC/NFC East only)
Waivers are based only on players available in the corresponding AFC/NFC dvisions (eg., players 1-4 in Homer League East may only claim waivers on players from AFC/NFC East)
Trades are based on the tradeaway concept in intra-divisional games
14 week schedule with weeks 15 and 16 for playoffs/championships. I'm not entirely sure how in Yahoo Fantasy Football I can set the schedule, but I want to adopt GG's approach of six divisional games and eight non-divisional games spread through the season.

I'll need to email invitations to join the league, so please PM me with your email addresses ASAP.

I'll nominate afc west, first preference. Afc south second preference

Didn't read the rules did you? :p

You need to nominate the geographic divisions of both conferences (eg., AFC West/NFC West).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back