Roast How do we get the club to act on the Cheer Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we need any chants, should just stick to the good old stkilda (clap clap clap) but try and uniform it around the ground to get some nose, it's embarrassing hearing some of the chants!
yeah no i agree, i mean i don't really care about the chants and all but it's more so about just actually making some noise, the 'make some noise' that came up on the screen when we kicked a goal last year was embarrassing

they said most of the player chants they had were like tommy hickey, or timmy membrey, just anything they could end in 'e' ...lol
It's cringe worthy lol. Why not just stick to the basics and get the entire crowd involved. Rather a cheer squad of 45,000 than a cheer squad of a few hundred.

It's cringe worthy lol. Why not just stick to the basics and get the entire crowd involved. Rather a cheer squad of 45,000 than a cheer squad of a few hundred.
haha exactly, i remember a game against the hawks in '08 we came from about 30 points down in the 3rd quarter to win by 28 or something i think, and as soon as we hit the front the whole stadium erupted into a st kilda chant, would absolutely love to hear it again

Why are we using Spurs as an example for this chan There's heaps of Southampton clips on YouTube with the same thing. ..but with the Saints :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Are you taking the piss ?

It would be amazing if we could get as much of the crowd chanting ST KILDA, if you hear the squad start it try and get those around you to chant as well, as you all sit in different areas might get alot more people involved. Would sound amazing as well.

I remember the start of the 2004 NAB Cup against Geelong, they were trying to drown out our St.Kilda chant by doing their louder and us visa versa. It was amazing...I wish we could go back to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been to White Hart lane a couple of times to see the Spurs chant in action (I am a Man City supporter so am in the away end) and it is seriously impressive. The only thing I worry about is that it is not in Aussie fan culture to sing at games so I am doubtful it will sound as good as the Spurs one.... Would be great if we can pull it off but can't see a crowd full of Aussies joining in for a singalong like they do overseas.

I've been to White Hart lane a couple of times to see the Spurs chant in action (I am a Man City supporter so am in the away end) and it is seriously impressive. The only thing I worry about is that it is not in Aussie fan culture to sing at games so I am doubtful it will sound as good as the Spurs one.... Would be great if we can pull it off but can't see a crowd full of Aussies joining in for a singalong like they do overseas.
We dont do our sport related supporting anywhere near as loud or colorful as most other sports. Which is odd cos we tend to get just as big ,if not much bigger crowds than a lot of other sports.
Most of the Soccer stadiums dont hold anywhere near the sized crowds we get here yet at times they sound like its 100,000 people singing.
Same with flags. Im not one to wave a flag myself, but in some games of the Top 14 League (French Rugby) it seems like every single person in the crowd has a flag and it looks bloody amazing.
I guess it probably comes down to the laid back personality of most Aussies. Just happy to go to a game and sit down and watch it without too many bells and whistles.

Just need a powerful squad to start it up, Port do it amazingly well, and they're at least some kind of Aussie ;)

Saw this clib by OK GO the other night. Thought it might be innovative to have the cheer squad using umbrellas behind the goals to mess with the minds of opposition having set shots. ;)

We dont do our sport related supporting anywhere near as loud or colorful as most other sports. Which is odd cos we tend to get just as big ,if not much bigger crowds than a lot of other sports.
Most of the Soccer stadiums dont hold anywhere near the sized crowds we get here yet at times they sound like its 100,000 people singing.
Same with flags. Im not one to wave a flag myself, but in some games of the Top 14 League (French Rugby) it seems like every single person in the crowd has a flag and it looks bloody amazing.
I guess it probably comes down to the laid back personality of most Aussies. Just happy to go to a game and sit down and watch it without too many bells and whistles.

Agree fully, we have our own unique supporter culture. Nothing wrong with it and doesn't mean we are any less passionate about our sport. That's why I've never been a fan of having these announcers yelling over everyone to try and whip the crowd up. The atmosphere at an Aussie Rules game builds beautifully before the bounce on its own until the teams run out then build again before the first bounce on its own. There's nothing like it I reckon.

Just need a powerful squad to start it up, Port do it amazingly well, and they're at least some kind of Aussie ;)

Yeah, will be interesting. The powerful squad starting it is what it could hinge on... The Port example is a good one from you but I feel it is a unique one. some find it cringe-worthy, I'm not sure how I feel about it. The Saints chant could be a cracker if we get enough people doing it, I still remember the crowd at the MCG after the 97 prelim singing it very loud and I remember thinking then we have a great song for the crowd to sing. But the 97 prelim was a special occasion and it happened spontaneously: not sure how it will go if forced. Gonna be interesting either way!

GDJ - was I the only one who came up with the Hotspur chant in the submission to Finnis?

Can't wait to see my idea come to fruition saturday night!!!
You and maybe another - I can't remember how many people submitted that idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back