I have a statement. Glen Jakovich is the BEST commentator on TV at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Kanga man

Senior List
Feb 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is anyone else getting sick of Cometti's tired jokes and trying to be funny insted of calling the game? Today clinched it for me.

Jako is the most improved commentator in the media by a mile. So much so that I'd rate him number one. There were problems with his eloquence initally but those days are behind him. Now he's just utterly professional. Him and BT make a great pair on twilight footy!

Jacko-Thumbnail-172x115.jpg

One of the worst commentators ever. Great player though.

Not to be gay or anything but do his chiselled good looks take away from his commentating efforts? Normally its a prerequisite to be **** ugly to be a commentator in todays game see Jason Dunstall, Taylor etc but with Glen you got well lets be honest one of the best looking men in the countray and I think most guys just find it confronting.

Once everyone gets over the jealousy they will realise hes one of the best at what he does

Not to be gay or anything but do his chiselled good looks take away from his commentating efforts? Normally its a prerequisite to be **** ugly to be a commentator in todays game see Jason Dunstall, Taylor etc but with Glen you got well lets be honest one of the best looking men in the countray and I think most guys just find it confronting.

Once everyone gets over the jealousy they will realise hes one of the best at what he does

"He better be precise with this kick" - you really have to have played the game to make such insightful and enlightening special comments

Is anyone else getting sick of Cometti's tired jokes and trying to be funny insted of calling the game? Today clinched it for me.

That was 3 years ago for me. Him and Billy Brainless are the only two left (maybe the only two ever) that laugh at 'Big Cox'... :rolleyes:

On Jakovich, there's a reason he calls WA games on a Sunday arvo. None of the decent commentators could be arsed catching the redeye home from Perth on a Sunday night, Jako's the only one left.

It was funny last night when he said 'don't count Geelong out yet'. There was 27 seconds left on the clock and they were 7 points down. Way to build drama Jako... :thumbsu:

I turned over to catch him say "I think the Eagles are still in this"
#Lynch looks at him like your an idiot#
it was very funny:p
The guy is crap on a stick

on SEN today he said richmond are in the top 5-6 in the key performance indicators.

added they play the way hardwick did - tough.

basically insinuated that richmond would come out hard in the tackling department.

after interview, sen co-host said RFC were last in the comps in tackling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you go back through the archives, you'll chance upon a mammoth thread devoted to wacko Jako. It's bloody hilarious. Seriously, Mark 'The Great One' Robinson only gets the attention he does because Jako is not there to challenge him. It's well known that Jako's nickname at his Perth high school was cement head, and I personally hunger to see him restored to his rightful position in the commentary box.

Maybe one day we'll get to see TGO and Jako on a footy show together. The mind reels.

Caught some of Jakovich's work on SEN driving to the airport last night. I would have thought there were two rules for providing special comments on radio.

1. Don't continually interrupt the guy calling the play (even if it's Gossage)
2. Don't forget that many of the people (perhaps even the majority) that are listening to you probably can't see what is happening.

Jako seems to be quite masterful at completely ignoring those rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back