Starting the season with a goal...... and other supporter's superstitions

Remove this Banner Ad

If I can't make a game I have to make damn sure I'm working my arse off in the paddocks, splitting wood, fencing, rebiulding whatever.

If I slack off, no doubt it's my fault that the boys do too.

Mods: Can I request an edit to the first post that I can't seem to do?

Can the "No...... " be changed to "Now...... " and it'll make a bit nore sense.

For me Arsenal and North Melbourne can't both win on the same weekend. When Arsenal wins I'm over the moon but then a sinking feeling comes because I know North are doomed to lose. It's awful, I can't enjoy Arsenal wins when the two seasons coincide.
I am also an Arsenal supporter, but lucky footy season overlaps AFL season only for a small period. :)

First time I went to the footy with my mrs, she hung her * scarf out the window ON THE WAY to a nab cup game. I knew we had it won right there.

EDIT : yes I married a * supporter, but she's never joined their club and has been an NMFC member for many years.

I married a Collingwood supporter with all her own teeth!

But yeah she's a North girl now has been for the best part of twenty years.

Although she isn't allowed in the room if I'm watching the game live because those campaigners always get a run on. Unless she's been there five minutes before the start. Lost count of the goals scored against us after my wife enters the room FFS.

Mods: Can I request an edit to the first post that I can't seem to do?

Can the "No...... " be changed to "Now...... " and it'll make a bit nore sense.

Done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the loss to the Eagles at Blundstone 2012 I left my spare scarf behind the couch accidentally. We won the next six straight - then, without telling me, before the Freo game my housemate cleaned up the loung room and put my scarf back in my room! We put it back after the Freo loss but no luck. Sorry lads.

After the loss to the Eagles at Blundstone 2012 I left my spare scarf behind the couch accidentally. We won the next six straight - then, without telling me, before the Freo game my housemate cleaned up the loung room and put my scarf back in my room! We put it back after the Freo loss but no luck. Sorry lads.
6 weeks before someone cleaned your house?.... Damn dude!

Between Aisles 5 & 6, third level, third or fourth row behind me.

Every time......... EVERY SINGLE F#$%^%$ TIME....... that North had even the HINT of a bit of play the bloke would pipe up behind us "Here we go!!".......

...... and within seconds the ball would be back in Carlton's hands. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. HE. SAID. IT. :mad:

Even the Carlton supporter next to me got the chuckles and reckoned this bloke was killing our game.

Brad, forget the players and their minds, I've found the culprit. Good North man, but MUST be banned from every future game!

Right through the 80's my sister would check with me if I was going to the game before doing her footy tips.

If I was she'd tip against North.

I hated how many times she was right.........

Really sorry about this guys but I can't make tonight's game but I've retraced my steps, will buy grog from the same place, will buy the same grog, will have the same banter with the staff.

Now not saying this is why we beat * but am pretty sure it was. Just as we were about to leave last week I stopped my family and made them listen to this. Am thinking a 'team effort' may just get us across the line again:p

Enjoy or cringe:thumbsu:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9jK-NcRmVcw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd managed a kick on just about every ground I went to that season. Grass stains, dirt, that crap on Princes Park. All hallmarks of a great great season, worn like a coat of honour.

My Mum washed my jumper so it was "fresh for the finals".......... I was devastated.

Still reckon it was her fault.

My superstition is wearing the exact same thing every week. same trackies shoes shirt north jumper and hoodie. The other thing is that I've found a girl that has seemed to bring me good luck. Ever since we became close, Arsenal won the FA cup first time in 8 years, South Melbourne came champions first time in 8 years and then Roos have now made finals and also won 2 finals as well. Last week i messaged her after the game and said your defs a keeper hahaha

My superstition was bringing my ex girlfriend to the game

If we went to the game, we never lost.

37-0. Wowwee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been overseas for a few weeks. Before I left I told a co worker who also barracks for North that we would do well for the next few weeks as I would be out of the country. I'm in Rome at present. But the bad news is, after two nights in Dubai, I arrive home early Saturday morning. Now this seems to support the notion that we will win Friday night, but obviously one can't say that because it will mean we lose....And then of course I am back in the county for the big one.

I've been overseas for a few weeks. Before I left I told a co worker who also barracks for North that we would do well for the next few weeks as I would be out of the country. I'm in Rome at present. But the bad news is, after two nights in Dubai, I arrive home early Saturday morning. Now this seems to support the notion that we will win Friday night, but obviously one can't say that because it will mean we lose....And then of course I am back in the county for the big one.

I say this in a friendly way and as a fellow North nut............f*** off! :)

.......until October, if you wouldn't mind.

The 1998 grand final that didn't happen.

I went out the front early in the second during the 96 grand final to kick the footy to myself. I was angry and convinced if I composed myself North would come back. The rest is history.

I tried it again in the last quarter of the 98 Grand final. Unfortunately my luck ran out and it wasn't enough to drag us over the line. For a month or so I was gutted. At the age of 10 I made a commitment to always hate the Adelaide crows...that hatred still burns very brightly.

Sorry guys, I'm to blame!

I was wearing an alternative strip jumper to the 98 grand final that I never worn before. Clearly the cause of the lose. My apologies all round. Never worn that jumper again.

I say this in a friendly way and as a fellow North nut............f*** off! :)

.......until October, if you wouldn't mind.
Ha....What if it's a draw? I'm in Dubai now. I'll see if we can miss the plane, and miss a few after that as well until we are safe.

I've watched many games on TV where I've happened to see every opposition goal and about 20% of ours. It's best for the team if I'm not watching the game live on TV.

You'll all be pleased to know I'm going to see Joe Bonamassa at the Palais this Friday and won't see any of the game. It's the least I can do for the boys.

..... Anyone else got anything that's their fault....??

:$ Carlton loss. :$ GWS loss. Work North shirt to work both days. By the time I figured out what was going on, deliberately avoided wearing North shirt to work for days of the Essendon and Geelong games in the finals :D:D. (can't remember for other losses what I had on at work and also can't remember Hawthorn game either). Needless to say, not wearing North shirt to work Friday :D

See my thread on which beanie to wear... for * and then v Cats.

Nekminit wins.

Actually I really should go back and edit that thread...I bought it at the 1997 Final at the MCG v Cats. I remember getting to the ground and looking in the backseat...no coat. If you recall it was a wet and cold night.

Last minute at the G, I bought the beanie from the stands out the front of the G; was warm for the rest of the night and we won.

That beanie has since been to NZ, India and the USA amongst other places.

Please get delayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back