If Collingwood want to be the AFL's Man U....

Remove this Banner Ad

They might also want 70,000 home supporters at all their home games.

You will know the Pies membership claims are fair dinkum (versus rubbery) when Eddie calls for a MCG sell out for a home & away game - the seating at the G for any club must max at about 70k allowing for MCC & AFL members ... Eddie dinkum, yep its optimistic.

Football is a commodity and a perfect way to milk people from their hard earned.

Sure we all enjoy it but is Pay-TV, expensive entry, government subsidised stadium etc good for the game? Personally I can afford it but in doing so, I am effectively taking the game away from those that can't. Is that what we want?

Football is a commodity and a perfect way to milk people from their hard earned.

Sure we all enjoy it but is Pay-TV, expensive entry, government subsidised stadium etc good for the game? Personally I can afford it but in doing so, I am effectively taking the game away from those that can't. Is that what we want?

Second tier is the value solution, top shelf performers deserve the $s- I follow Subi, they are going OK too
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29047782/lions-teach-demons-a-wafl-lesson/

Man Utd is a World-wide brand, whereas Collingwood is a long-time-past Victorian power-house.....Man Utd has won around a dozen premier league trophies in its 22 year history, Collingwood a mere 2 trophies these past 57 years....Man Utd plays the World-game, Collingwood-Aussie Rules, which has trouble being popular in the Northern States, let alone the entire country.
collingwood only really became the main victorian powerhouse club thanks to Eddie attempting to drum it into every one. they have been pretty much a top 4 team for the past decade 1 flag and a few grand final appearances, Essendon crowd wise at season's end on average are usually only a few k behind the Pies, playing out of Etihad & not having won a final for well over a decade. given period of success they could easily go past the pies.

over the next decade as much as it pains me to say it Hawthorn will join Essendon and the Pies as the top Victorian clubs. Richmond could but, the tigers are their own worst enemy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see what the basis for this thread is.

For starters, all AFL clubs are owned by the members, whereas most Premier League clubs are privately owned (and these days, no Premier League Club has a hope of winning the championship unless they have foreign owners).

collingwood only really became the main victorian powerhouse club thanks to Eddie attempting to drum it into every one. they have been pretty much a top 4 team for the past decade 1 flag and a few grand final appearances, Essendon crowd wise at season's end on average are usually only a few k behind the Pies, playing out of Etihad & not having won a final for well over a decade. given period of success they could easily go past the pies.

over the next decade as much as it pains me to say it Hawthorn will join Essendon and the Pies as the top Victorian clubs. Richmond could but, the tigers are their own worst enemy

Hawthorn are to the AFL what Chelsea / Man City are to the EPL. Just replace Russian / Abu Dhabi millions with Tassie handouts ;)

I can't see what the basis for this thread is.

For starters, all AFL clubs are owned by the members, whereas most Premier League clubs are privately owned (and these days, no Premier League Club has a hope of winning the championship unless they have foreign owners).

Wrong wrong wrong.

Go do some research.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back