Roast Internet in Australia is a Joke

Remove this Banner Ad

I am getting Really Disgusted on how Bad our Internet Service we are getting. IF you call it Internet service. Its Down/Crashed internet more then it Works.

3rd World Countries would have better bloody internet as it would Actually Bloody Work.

We should not pay for the Internet as we pretty much don't get any bloody internet.

Rang out ISP(Exceed Connect) and Telstra and they been pretty much Bloody Useless.

Tell them you want out of the contract as it is not fit for purpose and if you are not released from the contract at no cost you'll go to the TIO. It'll probably costs them less to release you from your contract than paying the TIO. Judging by the company history they probably avoid the TIO like the plague.

That's your best bet or try and find an ISP that will churn you over and eat your contract exit fees.

I needed to change from Telstra to an on-seller just to get ADSL 2 or an equivalent, our internet was like dial-up speed. I nearly joined SpinTel but after reading their reviews, I aborted. Ended up joining EveryNet based in Canberra, and they've been good so far... certainly a huge upgrade on what we had although by no means fast at around 1.3 MBPS.

Not sure what is going on but this past week I have been experiencing buffering problems with Netflix and when I do a speed test (I am on cable) my ipad reads 21 mbps. So really shouldn't be having issues.

Internet searching is okay. I envy those in the next suburb with the original NBN as not sure what we will end up with.

Not sure what is going on but this past week I have been experiencing buffering problems with Netflix and when I do a speed test (I am on cable) my ipad reads 21 mbps. So really shouldn't be having issues.

Internet searching is okay. I envy those in the next suburb with the original NBN as not sure what we will end up with.

I read on my Towns Facebook Group and have seen other people Complain about having Slow Internet or None at all.

Someone said that our Town has NO more ADSL 2 Lines Left.

I heard People say the NBN can be no better then ADSL.

Is the NBN 1st put in by the Labor Goverment?

I read on my Towns Facebook Group and have seen other people Complain about having Slow Internet or None at all.

Someone said that our Town has NO more ADSL 2 Lines Left.

I heard People say the NBN can be no better then ADSL.

Is the NBN 1st put in by the Labor Goverment?
I have friends in the next suburb about 5 mins away and they are laughing.
Their internet is so fast and no problems at all. The one that got put in when Labor were in power are the lucky one because the Lbis are putting mixed wiring to save money and their budget has still blown out. Telstra and Murdoch are the ones laughing now.

I have friends in the next suburb about 5 mins away and they are laughing.
Their internet is so fast and no problems at all. The one that got put in when Labor were in power are the lucky one because the Lbis are putting mixed wiring to save money and their budget has still blown out. Telstra and Murdoch are the ones laughing now.

Labor was doing it Properly and now the Liberals are putting something that other Countries are Replacing as it so far out of Date.

Murdoch will love it as people still have to use his Shitty Foxtel(Outside of Sport it is not needed).

The Libs are showing they have no bloody idea about the NBN and it most likely get Replaced AGAIN in 5-10 Years so they making to cost even more. Complete Idiots. Especially when you have Brandis and Turnbull in charge of it:mad::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have VDSL2 with iinet here and I reckon it's quicker than the NBN that my gf has. That shouldn't happen.

Because the NBN they are putting in is already out of date. Rest of the World is Getting rid of that.

Was is VDSL2?

Because the NBN they are putting in is already out of date. Rest of the World is Getting rid of that.

Was is VDSL2?
Yeah NBN is rubbish for what you pay. But you don't really have a choice in some suburbs here. Read an article the other day saying people who don't have NBN will have to change over because providers won't be giving the older option. Problem is all the old suburbs don't have NBN connection yet so don't know what the hell will happen there.

VDSL2 is just the fast option of what my provider in the ACT gives you.

Yeah NBN is rubbish for what you pay. But you don't really have a choice in some suburbs here. Read an article the other day saying people who don't have NBN will have to change over because providers won't be giving the older option. Problem is all the old suburbs don't have NBN connection yet so don't know what the hell will happen there.

VDSL2 is just the fast option of what my provider in the ACT gives you.

We don't have NBN at all yet.

Not sure IF that is any in Victoria to make it faster

All those people in tiny countries with amazing internets. Political fairies desperate for FTTH
1gqqw0.jpg

All those people in tiny countries with amazing internets. Political fairies desperate for FTTH
1gqqw0.jpg

5G could be better then the NBN.

Should just use the Mobile Network as Shits on normal Internet

I needed to change from Telstra to an on-seller just to get ADSL 2 or an equivalent, our internet was like dial-up speed. I nearly joined SpinTel but after reading their reviews, I aborted. Ended up joining EveryNet based in Canberra, and they've been good so far... certainly a huge upgrade on what we had although by no means fast at around 1.3 MBPS.
Don't go to TPG, they are hopeless

Just about ready to go postal on Telstra at the moment. First called them at 12.20pm today. Legit about to lose it. They turned off our ADSL and turned off the sport channels on Foxtel, but apparently can't turn them back on because it's not as easy as flicking a button back on. (I've rung Foxtel before...it is.)

This is stemming from them saying well bundle up our Foxtel and Internet, and upgrade it to cable. It has been a complete butchering, and some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back