Interstellar

Remove this Banner Ad

Good job.

I think this movie will suffer from people not liking it, because they simply can't get their head around it.

The best part about it is that people are talking about science, space and the cosmos after watching it.
Don't assume that if a person doesn't rate the move as highly as you its due to them "not getting it"

It was a good movie but like all movies it has it flaws, its a great sc fi movie where it ideas are rehashed from various sources just hasn't been done in a movie up till this point .

By all means enjoy it for what it is but don't start proclaiming that people don't get it or understand it.

Don't assume that if a person doesn't rate the move as highly as you its due to them "not getting it"

It was a good movie but like all movies it has it flaws, its a great sc fi movie where it ideas are rehashed from various sources just hasn't been done in a movie up till this point .

By all means enjoy it for what it is but don't start proclaiming that people don't get it or understand it.
There's nothing wrong with what I said. Plenty of people won't get it , or understand it, and for that reason they won't like it.

I know plenty of people who watched Donnie Darko and said they didn't get it, so they thought it was stupid.

There's nothing wrong with what I said. Plenty of people won't get it , or understand it, and for that reason they won't like it.

I know plenty of people who watched Donnie Darko and said they didn't get it, so they thought it was stupid.
That's a big assumption to make that a person will only hate on the movie due to them not grasping the context of the film.

The movie is not without it flaws

That's a big assumption to make that a person will only hate on the movie due to them not grasping the context of the film.

The movie is not without it flaws
You used the word "only", not me.

It's what you are implying with interstellar
I'm not sure why you're so keen on arguing, but this is what I wrote.

"I think this movie will suffer from people not liking it, because they simply can't get their head around it."

Nowhere in that sentence does it say "all", "only" or "every".

I've already read other people's opinions of the movie on other forums, and they're saying that they didn't like it because it didn't make any sense.

"I think this movie will suffer from people not liking it, because they simply can't get their head around it."

I've already read other people's opinions of the movie on other forums, and they're saying that they didn't like it because it didn't make any sense.
Again it's still an assumption on your behalf from a limited sample size that people will express their dislike of the movie due to them not understanding it.

I have read a few reviews of people understanding the concept of the movie but still points out the flaws of the film with its dialogue and the ending.

Then again I have also read facing reviews proclaiming the movie the to be the second coming of Christ where we should all worship Nolan as our movie saviour.

I just find it silly to make a blanket statement that the film will suffer due to your precieved notion that the movie is a intellectual higher form of art, where people will struggle to understand the context of the film that only a few will grasp.

/rant

Again it's still an assumption on your behalf from a limited sample size that people will express their dislike of the movie due to them not understanding it.

I have read a few reviews of people understanding the concept of the movie but still points out the flaws of the film with its dialogue and the ending.

Then again I have also read facing reviews proclaiming the movie the to be the second coming of Christ where we should all worship Nolan as our movie saviour.

I just find it silly to make a blanket statement that the film will suffer due to your precieved notion that the movie is a intellectual higher form of art, where people will struggle to understand the context of the film that only a few will grasp.

/rant
You keep putting words into my posts that I have not said.

I never wrote that the movie is an intellectual higher form of art.

A large percentage of the human population still believe that we were put here but some magical sky fairy. They are oblivious to the fact that were inhabit a rock that orbits an average star.
Generally, we are a society with numerous pockets of uneducated and uninformed people. Space travel, black holes, relativity....all these things are concepts which many people either do not understand or care for. My own wife tried to tell me on the way home from watching the movie that relativity can't really be a real thing.

So again, I return to my original comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this tonight.

If this isn't the best movie of the last 20 years I have no clue.

The last 30 minutes I could barely breathe. Incredible score by Zimmer, physics just perfect, acting amazing and the story writing beyond words.

See it immediately.

I hate to be deliberately rude but you've left me no room. You have no clue. None.

The movie made perfect sense to me and my friends who i viewed it with and some with theoretical physics backrounds. Don't bar up over the physics, it's out to lunch, and on a novice level. I have stated on other threads that it's OKAY and that's it. If you believe that it's the greatest film of the last 20 years, then good for you, but we don't all feel the same and i'm a seasoned movie goer and lover of the genre as i'm sure others are too.

The movie made perfect sense to me and my friends who i viewed it with and some with theoretical physics backrounds. Don't bar up over the physics, it's out to lunch, and on a novice level. I have stated on other threads that it's OKAY and that's it. If you believe that it's the greatest film of the last 20 years, then good for you, but we don't all feel the same and i'm a seasoned movie goer and lover of the genre as i'm sure others are too.
More arguing of points I never made. :drunk:

Fun movie. Great special effects, especially on an IMAX scene. Beautiful score, different to the usual Zimmer. Good acting, albeit not revolutionary.

A well deserved 8/10 :)

Gravity sucked balls.

I studied enough physics, particularly relativity, to understand all of what's going on. There were some parts I had to turn my brain off for but who cares? It's a movie, have fun.

Actually I loved the idea of them going down to a planet for a few hours and returning to see a guy 23 years later.

See i love Donnie, but your post comes off as toolish.

I studied enough physics, particularly relativity, to understand all of what's going on. There were some parts I had to turn my brain off for but who cares? It's a movie, have fun.

Actually I loved the idea of them going down to a planet for a few hours and returning to see a guy 23 years later.

I concur and it seems your views align with mine. That's it, i enjoyed it for what it is FLAWS and ALL. I'm, not saying it's a crap movie, i'm saying chill the fk down.

See i love Donnie, but your post comes off as toolish.
Maybe I should've wrote that I watched it with people who have theoretical physics backgrounds?

Maybe I should've wrote that I watched it with people who have theoretical physics backgrounds?

You don't need it. I know many intelligent people who "got it" but didn't like it. You just need to accept that some folks won't like it as much as you did. It doesn't mean they don't "get it".

You don't need it. I know many intelligent people who "got it" but didn't like it. You just need to accept that some folks won't like it as much as you did. It doesn't mean they don't "get it".
Again, I never said that. I'm fine with other people not liking. What I have said is that there will be a number of people who don't get it, and for that reason will find it stupid and unlikable. That doesn't mean all people who don't like it don't get it.

Why is it so hard to comprehend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back