Coach Is it time for Dimma to go?

Is it time for Dimma to go.

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 126 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont beat around the bush and play with words as you are only tangling yourself up and looking stupid

We have 3-4 players that would get a 1st rounder and they are all young players that we wont trade

How do we get 1st rounders , Which players go for what picks

Simple question
Simple question.

You don't rate our list then???

Based on your analysis, let all go for a packet of chips

I think we are stuffed; I love everything Dimma has done for us but he can be very stubborn, I can't see us going down the youth path.

Choosing that path would end the careers of Tom Lynch (30/31), Dusty (31), Prestia (31), Pickett (31), McIntosh (29), Vlastuin (29), Grimes (32), Broad (30). You would be asking these guys to continue playing without any hope of making finals for the next few years while our list develops.

Baker, Taranto, Short, D. Rioli, Balta, Hopper, Gibcus, Bolton, Ryan, Graham, Cumberland & Sonsie would have to take on the responsibility of leading the way (12 players). The other youth on our list are unknowns as we haven't really seen anything from them to suggest they are the answers to the older guys above.

Our list IMO is half full. If we choose to go down the youth path, we would need 10 decent picks on top of what we have now. Considering not all picks are success stories you're looking at 4 or 5 years and that's if we pick well.

Dimma wont last another 4 or 5 years if he chooses to go the youth path. I personally believe he will coach this year and again next year, if the wheels fall off again next year (Highly likely) he will pull the pin and we will then have a complete overhaul of our list at the end of 2024 and a new coach.

It would also give the club a 2 year head start to rebuild before Tassie take all the top picks.
How does Tom Lynch winning a premiership at GWS end his career??

Here is another thing, Dimma has never rebuilt a list, Plough did a lot of hard work resulting in Dusty and we got Rance and others before Dusty

If Dimma cannot go youth he should quit coaching altogether, the main part is development

Simple question.

You don't rate our list then???

Based on your analysis, let all go for a packet of chips

Bolton, Baker, Balta, Taranto, Hopper are the only players on our list that would even remotely get us a 1st rounder.

Maybe D.Rioli.

That doesnt mean we let our players go for a packet of chips, thats just reality.

Here is another thing, Dimma has never rebuilt a list, Plough did a lot of hard work resulting in Dusty and we got Rance and others before Dusty

If Dimma cannot go youth he should quit coaching altogether

Just stating facts, a 31 yo Tom Lynch wont get us a 1st rounder, teams dont give up 1st rounders anymore for aged players no matter how good they have been.

Bolton, Baker, Balta, Taranto, Hopper are the only players on our list that would even remotely get us a 1st rounder.

Maybe D.Rioli.

That doesnt mean we let our players go for a packet of chips, thats just reality.

So why did some scoff when I suggested Bolton for a couple of firsts?? That is better than your suggesting.

So you think Lynch and Nank, RFC paying the salaries is not worth a first from GWS?? GWS will not get many chances before Cogs and others retire. Their list is too tied up with salary already

If Dimma cannot go youth he should quit coaching altogether, the main part is development
How can you say the main part is development and in the same post say Plough did most of the work? You do realise Dimma has been Dusty’s only coach?

So why did some scoff when I suggested Bolton for a couple of firsts?? That is better than your suggesting.

So you think Lynch and Nank, RFC paying the salaries is not worth a first from GWS?? GWS will not get many chances before Cogs and others retire. Their list is too tied up with salary already
Name me the last > 30 yo player that got traded for a 1st rounder?

How can you say the main part is development and in the same post say Plough did most of the work? You do realise Dimma has been Dusty’s only coach?

It is about finishing next to last to get Dusty from the draft, that is the initial hard work apart from not trading away our pick for Dusty to the Swans

It is about finishing next to last to get Dusty from the draft, that is the initial hard work apart from not trading away our pick for Dusty to the Swans
Finishing last is not the hard work, the hard work is creating an environment where you develop talented young kids into elite level footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I t hink we let our veterans retire at us, they are legends after all and have to finish right, but if they wanted to chase a premiership, if we covered most of their wage maybe they would bring us a decent pick? Maybe we need our own version of salary dumps at us to being spots in. A version of Bowes and 6 would be nice this year, just like if lynch was chased by a club needing forward fire-power. Id expect a top 10 pick for him though. Maybe GWS gives us back our round 1 pick if we keep the majority of his salary!

Carlton Collingwood and Geelong definitely do. A good mate of mine who is an assistant at a Melbourne based club interviewed at both Carlton and Collingwood for AC jobs and they were rather open about it.
Are you certain about that as I recall seeing an item on one of the footy shows that indicated only one club did , from memory it was wc , that was a while ago , like to see some evidence of that in media

Hafey got good improvement at every club he coached. His coaching performance after leaving Richmond was very strong.

Agree - however, my point was that a generational coach eventually runs his race. Tommy was no different.

Dimma would do well if he went to another club and got the fresh start he needs. Win win.

Back