luke2177

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Hi everyone, I'm a Carlton supporter, just checking in to see if you Demons supporters can give me an idea of how you think James McDonald and Travis Johnstone will go in 2005..?

McDonald, in my opinion, was great in 2004 - a very solid contributor week in, week out.

Johnstone was far less consistent - and in fact, very dissapointing.

Your thoughts on these two?

Thanks.

the AFl should be wary fi pre season is anything to go by. Trav looks set for a big one. I'm trying to keep a lid on it though.

JMac is just the most underrated in and under midfielder there is. the dees faithful love him, but by and large i don't reckon many people even know who he is.

McDonald is a good, solid, hard-working player. Wins clearances, gets tackles and wins the hard ball. Puts his body on the line and shows no fear. Skills aren't great and either is the attacking side of his game, but he is a great defensive styled midfielder who will get about 15-20 touches a match. Very important to our centre line-up, especially with Scott Thompson gone.

Travis Johnstone is inconsistant to say the least, but his best is very good. A classy player who oozes flair, he has the ability to beat multiple opponents and nail a forward on the chest from 50 metres away. Lacks the determination and courage of McDonald, but is very good attacking and is always scoring and setting up goals. Who knows if he will ever reach his best?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back