Jack Steven vs Rory Sloane

Who do you take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why, because it doesn't suit your argument, while you keep on referring to years prior to that?
Exactly.

My contention is (and it is backed up by some of the most important stats, like disposals, disposals to advantage, clearances, goals and given the running bounces stat, I dare say metres gained) that when they were last both fully fit and firing (just one season ago), Steven was better, and that, given the way Steven was reportedly travelling on the track prior to breaking his foot on the eve of last season, and the fact he still managed to have more high possession games than Sloane last year (in spite of playing injured and playing 5 less games) he would have been better than Sloane last year as well, had he been injury free. Therefore, I believe that when both are fit, Steven is better, having come on in leaps and bounds since starting to take his footy a whole lot more seriously a couple of years ago.

But Joop wants us to go on what Sloane has done in years like 2011, 2012 and so-on, yet tells me to forget about what happened in 2013, despite it being the last time we could compare "apples to apples" (ie when they were both last fit and firing)!

Hypocricy alert! He did kick 33% more goals than him, that is a mathematical fact, as is the fact that they respectively averaged 0.7 & 0.6 a game, but both of us are describing the stat in a way that suits our argument better, with neither of us being right or wrong. You just don't seem to realise it though!
Yeh you're right mate.
2013>>>>2014,2012,2011,2010,2009 combined.

Geez, good poll.

Both very good players, that will soon enter the prime of their career.

Who would i choose for North?

Steven at full fitness, due to his pace.

But they are both very good mids that would walk into any side.

Yeh you're right mate.
2013>>>>2014,2012,2011,2010,2009 combined.
That's not what I'm saying at all. Are you capable of not being childish and petulant, so that we can have a grown up conversation here, where you are willing to acknowledge what I am actually saying, rather than trying to put words into my mouth? You started this thread and brought me into it after all.

If so, I'll make it more clear exactly why I rate Steven higher, because with that pathetic response and the similar one on our board, you're clearly just taking a part of what I'm saying and ignoring the rest of it, which I doubt anyone on here with an IQ over 50 would be falling for.

Last edited:
That's not what I'm saying at all. Are you capable of not being childish and petulant, so that we can have a grown up conversation here, where you are willing to acknowledge what I am actually saying, rather than trying to put words into my mouth? You started this thread and brought me into it after all.

If so, I'll make it more clear exactly why I rate Steven higher, because with that pathetic response and the similar one on our board, you're clearly just taking a part of what I'm saying and ignoring the rest of it, which I doubt anyone on here with an IQ over 50 would be falling for.
Wow, it's sn Internet forum mate, chill the * out, people can disagree with you

Rory Sloane would jiz all over Steven.

I voted Sloane because i think hes the better player right now and probably a little bias. However I think Steven has the higher ceiling and could easily turn out the better player...both absolute guns tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was good on the weekend, wasn't he?
He was BOG from my perspective.

When he turned on a dime and burst away, you just knew the Crows were going to score. Every time.

Steven has definitely closed the gap this season. Think his line pace is what will tip the scales in the end, line breakers who can also win the hard ball are hard to come by.

Needs to fix his disposal. Well below afl standard

Back