Rumour Jaeger O'Meara to Hawks 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hawks aren't dumb, they've have been planning this for a while knowing that some of their veterans will end up retiring.

Weren't the Hawks also targeting Petracca at the end of 2016, which is why Melbourne were forced into giving him a bumper two year contract extension til the end of 2018 last year?
Not sure on that, but Petracca did get placed at Hawthorn for his AIS training or whatever it is they do, so we got a very good look at him.

Of course
Can see Dunstall taking O'Meara to lunch and just happening to run into Clarkson and Hodge;)
Who roll up in a new Audi R8, and Clarko with a folder full of the multimillion dollar plans for Dingley.

Dangerfield was a restricted FA and Pies gave up two first rounders for Treloar. This is completely different.
If O'Meara was to leave the Suns, it would be the same as Treloar leaving GWS wouldn't it?
2 first rounders or thereabouts for O'Meara

If O'Meara was to leave the Suns, it would be the same as Treloar leaving GWS wouldn't it?

I'd imagine so, was just pointing out that some people think they can get players for nothing. No doubt if JOM is set on being a Hawk he'll end up there, but Hawthorn will have to give up something good.

Our 1st rounder this years and nexts would be enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if Hawks finish top 4 they'll be asking for at least a top 10 pick.
2x late first rounders could move you into that territory if traded with a club wanting to get bidding points - assuming that loop hole isn't closed. Perhaps it would even appeal to Gold Coast themselves for that very purpose if they have any players.

Okay I'm getting in early here but I spoke to a Club recruiter recently whom informed me that Hodge & Mitchell really struggle to get up for each game & they will retire at the end of this year which will leave room in the Hawks salary cap to make a huge play O'Meara.
obviously allot of water has to go under the bridge for this to happen but I'f so you heard it here first!

I think he was taking the piss... By struggle, he means winning 3 flags on the trot?

I'd imagine so, was just pointing out that some people think they can get players for nothing. No doubt if JOM is set on being a Hawk he'll end up there, but Hawthorn will have to give up something good.
I don't see how you and others keep misreading my post.
Cats gave up a player and 2 picks for Dangerfield and Pies gave up 2 picks for Treloar my point rather is that player get where they want to go, no amount of tears and offers of 2 x R1 picks from 3rd or 4th clubs will change a players mind.

Cats gave up a player and 2 picks for Dangerfield and Pies gave up 2 picks for Treloar my point rather is that player get where they want to go, no amount of tears and offers of 2 x R1 picks from 3rd or 4th clubs will change a players mind.
Yes, agreed. If the player nominates their preferred club then it's simply a case of the destination club working through the trade.

We might have to give up a couple of picks and a player, but history tells us that if that's what we think we'll have to do in order to get what we want, we'll do it.

Most clubs do.

You paid ridiculous unders for Danger, what I'm saying is since JOM won't be a restricted FA GC will get a lot closer to his actual value than the Crows did for Danger.

No chance!!! Gold Coast are gonna give up a potential superstar for two picks outside the Top-15. Ummm yeah, sure.
That's if he names us. Like I said, history shows that in these circumstances that kind of trade is likely. The fact he's coming off a very serious injury probably won't help them either unless he returns immediately to form.

That's if he names us. Like I said, history shows that in these circumstances that kind of trade is likely. The fact he's coming off a very serious injury probably won't help them either unless he returns immediately to form.

Yeah, fair enough. They could play hard ball like Essendon did with Carlisle.

I massively massively rate O'Meara (as I'm sure most do), and I can't see Gold Coast taking any less than a Top-5 pick for him plus another first rounder... he is (potentially) that good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back