James Frawley to Fremantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

His Uncle Danny Frawley doubts he'll leave Victoria says its between Geelong and Hawthorn.

Wouldn't surprise me really. I started a thread earlier in the year about how hard it is to attract KPP and free agents to WA. I feel this is why hawks and Geelong are always going to be strong as well as Sydney because majority of free agents that don't have a premiership will want one before they retire. And already have wives and kids at school to think of due to their age. This will lead them to chose those sorts of clubs in their home towns more often.

i dont think Silvagni would feel great at the moment. Playing understudy to McPharlin is one thing but having waited and performed well when you opportunity has come...only for your club to court a FA who plays your position would hurt wouldnt it?

I think that is correct.
Does anyone else have a slight doubt about the 'hamstring tightness' story from the weekend? I wonder if he was really fit to play?
Regardless it was 100% the right call that he didn't as it was their midfield that killed us and we didn't lose because we missed another key defender, but I reckon he is always going to be nothing more than depth in the the coach's mind.

I think that is correct.
Does anyone else have a slight doubt about the 'hamstring tightness' story from the weekend? I wonder if he was really fit to play?
Regardless it was 100% the right call that he didn't as it was their midfield that killed us and we didn't lose because we missed another key defender, but I reckon he is always going to be nothing more than depth in the the coach's mind.
Wrong, he had a great game against Franklin (again). RTB knows what he has in Silvagni, he was sent to hospital 2 days earlier for scans on the hammy, it was not a ruse of any kind.

That's true. Tex has torn apart plenty of defenders, including Frawley though. Pav kicked 6 on Harry Taylor in a final. Taylor was a gun defender last time I checked. Frawley is probably better than Silvagni, but only just, yet he will cost more than double and almost thee times what Silvagni costs for a slight upgrade. It's insanity personified.

No he didn't.

Wrong, he had a great game against Franklin (again). RTB knows what he has in Silvagni, he was sent to hospital 2 days earlier for scans on the hammy, it was not a ruse of any kind.

I agree he played well against Franklin, who said he didn't? I just happen to also agree with the poster that I quoted - if we rated Silvagni as a lock for best 22 we would be looking to recruit a cheap depth player to provide back up, not Frawley. Silvagni's place in the Lyon pecking order is pretty obvious by now I think. Doesn't matter whether you and I agree with it.

His Uncle Danny Frawley doubts he'll leave Victoria says its between Geelong and Hawthorn.

With the majority of footballers originating from Victoria and the two most 'liveable' cities being Melbourne and Sydney shouldn't the Cost Of Living Allowance be available to be used to entice players out of these areas to play for the WA, SA and QLD clubs?

How in the hell can we compete with a club like Sydney who has a larger well to draw from to pay players?
Tippett in 2013.
Franklin in 2014.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the Swans have bought Frawley for 2015.

just sayin'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the majority of footballers originating from Victoria and the two most 'liveable' cities being Melbourne and Sydney shouldn't the Cost Of Living Allowance be available to be used to entice players out of these areas to play for the WA, SA and QLD clubs?

How in the hell can we compete with a club like Sydney who has a larger well to draw from to pay players?
Tippett in 2013.
Franklin in 2014.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the Swans have bought Frawley for 2015.

just sayin'
More likely Paddy Ryder. Sydney are also about to be gifted two top 5 draft pick academy players for next to nothing. WA has more trouble attracting players than Sydney, but I can assure you the Afl couldn't give a rats. If Freo disappeared tomorrow but the AFL kept getting our money coming in, i'm sure they wouldn't eve notice.

No he didn't.
So who did he kick 6 on in an elimination final in 2012? Taylor gets pav virtually every time we play them. I mean sure, it could have been another defender, but considering we played back then with only one key forward, I'd find it highly unlikely it was another key defender.

So who did he kick 6 on in an elimination final in 2012? Taylor gets pav virtually every time we play them. I mean sure, it could have been another defender, but considering we played back then with only one key forward, I'd find it highly unlikely it was another key defender.

Tom Lonergan.

I think that is correct.
Yes but there is a knock on effect, Ibbo can't play his role, Mzungu has to play back. There is no doubt in my mind that we would have performed better with Silvagni in the side.

Wasn't it Scarlett? It was his last game

Well, it's not as if you should need too much of an excuse to watch the '12 Elimination again. Alongside Mackie's finger-pointing, Lonergan's look of utter confusion as Pav ran literal rings and figure-eights around him should be permanently inscribed in every Fremantle supporter's memory.

Why isn't there room for us to play both Silvagni and Frawley in the same team? Frawley is pretty mobile for a big man, either he or Silvagni would monster a third tall. Frees up Johnno to be the spare man
So we'd have johnson, silva, frawley and dawson in our back six?

Yeah. That makes sense.

jaksch is 20yo in a months time
And the dogs dearly need a kpp. And jaksch is a vic metro boy not getting games with gws due to their s**t ton of stockpiled talls.

Good on the dogs. They paid the price and rebuilt. Started on their midfield and are now trying to grab spare kpps.

Wish we could jag a f*cken decent kpp as a trade.

Oh dear.

Johnson would be free to play as a running half back flanker. Not a tall defender.
Too much timber. Not enough run. Or creativity with 4 kpd size backmen, 3 of whom are very much kpds.

Running with 3 guys that can effectively play as kpds makes freo unusually well equipped to deal with tall forward lines. Most run with two kpds and a smaller third tall. We're lucky as MJ is a tall flanker that can now defend quite solidly as a kpd. So we throw out a runner to keep silvagni in?

Running with four is just overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back