Universal Love Jasper "The Banana" Pittard Bandwagon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's an article on afl.com right now about using Jasper up the field more to replace Polec and White so it will be interesting to see if it actually happens.
Bring Krak in to play Pittards role down back & have Jasper own one of the wings in White's old position & not only could we a better side structurally but I think we can limit the number of weekly brainfart turnovers from half back.

I've been wanting Jasper to have more of a freedom to run & create play without worrying so much that he's a slip/mistimed disposal away from gifting the opposition a goal, I also wouldn't mind Mitchell coming in (as sub) for S Gray as long as he's alongside another of the in form onballers Arch/Moore type at the same time.

Bring Krak in to play Pittards role down back & have Jasper own one of the wings in White's old position & not only could we a better side structurally but I think we can limit the number of weekly brainfart turnovers from half back.

I've been wanting Jasper to have more of a freedom to run & create play without worrying so much that he's a slip/mistimed disposal away from gifting the opposition a goal, I also wouldn't mind Mitchell coming in (as sub) for S Gray as long as he's alongside another of the in form onballers Arch/Moore type at the same time.
Or Krak in Impey's role and try Impey out in Mitchell's role.

Impey and Pittard are (or will be) really great defenders

I'd probably rather try Krak on the wing. His kicking inside 50 would probably make us miss Polec a little less, but does he have the tank to run that hard? Probably not.

Impey and Pittard are (or will be) really great defenders

I'd probably rather try Krak on the wing. His kicking inside 50 would probably make us miss Polec a little less, but does he have the tank to run that hard? Probably not.

To be a great defender you have to be able to do a great lock down job on dangerous players. Jasper hasnt done that yet or if he has its less than a handful of times. Jasper is a good defensive player not great. Jasper is a great runner and great offensive minded player. That's why I believe he should play on the wing and become our Stephen Hill.

To be a great defender you have to be able to do a great lock down job on dangerous players. Jasper hasnt done that yet or if he has its less than a handful of times. Jasper is a good defensive player not great. Jasper is a great runner and great offensive minded player. That's why I believe he should play on the wing and become our Stephen Hill.

I strongly disagree. Just personal opinion but I think Jasper is a better defender than offensive player. I completely understand why Pittard may move up to a wing this week but long term I see him as genuine HBF. His only real defiency defensively is his offensive clangers(Pittard moments). His defensive games can be overlooked regularly for an example I recall him playing mostly on Walters in rd1 (all Australian quality forward)

I strongly disagree. Just personal opinion but I think Jasper is a better defender than offensive player. I completely understand why Pittard may move up to a wing this week but long term I see him as genuine HBF. His only real defiency defensively is his offensive clangers(Pittard moments). His defensive games can be overlooked regularly for an example I recall him playing mostly on Walters in rd1 (all Australian quality forward)
why then doesnt he play on the fast small dangerous forwards like Betts, Ballantyne, Walters, Jetta etc?? ie he has the highest top speed at Port according to BrockBlitz who has done work at Port and the fitness department.

Do yo think Ken can think outside the box????

Do yo think Ken can think outside the box????
Well, I've never seen him coach from the boundary line before in a h&a game.

He's always inside the box.

I like your thinking .. Krak to Pittard to goal square before their backs can get back and cover ....

laughable.
Not sure if serious? Hombsch slips over almost once a game. He is one of our worst offenders re that. He's slipped once in both of the last 2 weeks costing goals. Hombsch is a gun of that there is zero doubt, but either you haven't paid any attention or your joking.

Not sure if serious? Hombsch slips over almost once a game. He is one of our worst offenders re that. He's slipped once in both of the last 2 weeks costing goals. Hombsch is a gun of that there is zero doubt, but either you haven't paid any attention or your joking.

Westhoff is the worst. Hands down.

ill take closer note, i hadnt noticed it any more than anyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unfortunately he gets polarized for his mistakes, to say his contribution to the side doesnt out-weigh his errors is just plain wrong and you dont watch the game closely enough, he is very good and people forget at the start of the season how good he was. I agreed some of his mistakes are costly but that happens with a defender who takes the game on. If he was that bad players like Oshea, Krak or even Clurey wont be in there ahead of him.
You are very very wrong. If you are counting the regular defender stuff that they all can do you might build a case, but if you only count the stuff that he is supposed to do because of his talents then he is definitely a long way into the negative.

You are very very wrong. If you are counting the regular defender stuff that they all can do you might build a case, but if you only count the stuff that he is supposed to do because of his talents then he is definitely a long way into the negative.

all i would say is watch his games closely, as i said he wouldnt be in the side if he was that bad. the games against the bulldogs in the first quarter he shanked a kick but in the same quarter there was the same kick from broadbent, hombsch and one other that went unnoticed, but Jasper copped the hate.

all i would say is watch his games closely, as i said he wouldnt be in the side if he was that bad. the games against the bulldogs in the first quarter he shanked a kick but in the same quarter there was the same kick from broadbent, hombsch and one other that went unnoticed, but Jasper copped the hate.

That is the ultimate straw man, what the others do is irrelevant to whether he is any good. I did notice the other kicks, particularly Broadbent who had a shocker that game.

That doesn't make Pittard any better, it just brings the others down. If it as a straight decision between Broadbent and Pittard you'd mount a defense. If it was between Pittard and Hombsch you'd be laughed out of the selection committee.

Being in a losing team and one that loses in part due to his mistakes is not a justification for saying he is good.

That is the ultimate straw man, what the others do is irrelevant to whether he is any good. I did notice the other kicks, particularly Broadbent who had a shocker that game.

That doesn't make Pittard any better, it just brings the others down. If it as a straight decision between Broadbent and Pittard you'd mount a defense. If it was between Pittard and Hombsch you'd be laughed out of the selection committee.

Being in a losing team and one that loses in part due to his mistakes is not a justification for saying he is good.

it wasnt a comparison between players it was a point that when pittard makes a mistake he gets hammered over it and im not on the selection committee but the ones that are obviously think the good outweighs his bad.

why then doesnt he play on the fast small dangerous forwards like Betts, Ballantyne, Walters, Jetta etc?? ie he has the highest top speed at Port according to BrockBlitz who has done work at Port and the fitness department.

Top end speed doesn't always equate to acceleration or agility. Take Usain Bolt for example - He is never leading a race after 20m. IMO he is too important offensively to be played on such dangerous players - it will more than likely negate his run and carry if he has a specific job to do.

Top end speed doesn't always equate to acceleration or agility. Take Usain Bolt for example - He is never leading a race after 20m. IMO he is too important offensively to be played on such dangerous players - it will more than likely negate his run and carry if he has a specific job to do.
And thats another reason why you cant call him a great defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back