Universal Love Jasper "The Banana" Pittard Bandwagon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think back to 2009 or thereabouts and ultra-cautious defence, kick back to go forward etc. Below is what we have now and if I occasionally find myself strapped to the front of a truck I'm still happier.

Mad_Jasper.png

Ford's avatar loves this nickname.

Jasper as he dodges between a couple of opposition players, 'What are your names, Neil and Bob, or is that like what you do?'

Stephen Rowe: Two words. "Adelaide Crows."

Jasper: Adelaide Crows? They blow dog. And that fat little rover from Norwood in the 90s, he kinda looked like...

Stephen Rowe: Like ME, right?

Jasper: Yeah. I was gonna say he looked like s**t, but... he looked like you.

Think back to 2009 or thereabouts and ultra-cautious defence, kick back to go forward etc. Below is what we have now and if I occasionally find myself strapped to the front of a truck I'm still happier.

View attachment 210739
Agree. But we still need that tall marking option to get us out of defence when running it out is not working or just to give us variety. Also, Pittard needs people up the ground to provide the options. When they do not, that is when we get into trouble.

Met this legend at Laneway tonight.... Absolute champion of a bloke! A lot taller than what I'd thought.... Looking unbelievably fit and big! The wife definitely had a crack at the guns.... 'Solid' and 'wow' were used a few times! Mladen working his magic

Met this legend at Laneway tonight.... Absolute champion of a bloke! A lot taller than what I'd thought.... Looking unbelievably fit and big! The wife definitely had a crack at the guns.... 'Solid' and 'wow' were used a few times! Mladen working his magic

where is the wife now? could she be creating the next generation of jasper jnrs?

mr-burns-yyyyes-o.gif

And you said to him "Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation. "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 213305
Had this photo in my footy folder .. one of many lol
Jasper gets a free kick in St Kilda 2013 game and drops the ball when St Kilda player comes near him..
Jasper sucks the umpire in and gets 50m, then kicks a goal to put us 3 points ahead. He wins the game for us.

a footy player with smarts

are rare commodity

I'm choosing to take the negative out of The Dice's rise to superstar defender.

Sure, he may be a defensive rock who wins every contest all the time against players of all sizes. Sure, his rebound play might be the foundation for our entire freewheeling gameplan. Sure, he might be the bravest player on our list in terms of putting his body on the line and taking the game on. Sure, he might be the heart and soul of our team, oozing Port Adelaide from every pore.

But he's ruined my ability to instantly spot someone who doesn't know anything about football. Up until last year, you could ask people what they thought of Pittard, and if they said they didn't rate him you could instantly strike them off the list of people to talk footy with.

Now everybody loves him.

But he's ruined my ability to instantly spot someone who doesn't know anything about football. Up until last year, you could ask people what they thought of Pittard, and if they said they didn't rate him you could instantly strike them off the list of people to talk footy with.

They're still out there, but definitely an endangered species.

Jasper love.

Good post. Jasper was always going to be a star. Can't believe the crap that's been written and said about him.

...But he's ruined my ability to instantly spot someone who doesn't know anything about football...

There's always the ones who scream KICK IT.

Still is nicknamed "oh Jesus!" by my old folks.
It used to be screamed everytime he ****ed up.
Now cheered everytime he pulls something great off.

Neighbours must think my parents are crazy religious nuts.

Still is nicknamed "oh Jesus!" by my old folks.
It used to be screamed everytime he stuffed up.
Now cheered everytime he pulls something great off.

Neighbours must think my parents are crazy religious nuts.

Or have a great sex life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back