Official Club Stuff Jay Schulz staying at Port - Officially announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep my bad. The rules on free agency are way too complex. Would require a trade or we could delist him and then he could go to Freo for nothing. Doubt that happens though. If he wants to leave a trade will be sorted, probably something like a second rounder.

All good I thought the same thing! Last thing we want is to lose him for nothing. A Ben Newton trade might have helped us a little more in the draft last year for eg.

I'd love Schulzy to stay, but if he goes, then so be it. I think we got the most out of him and if the Dockers want to pay more or give him more years on his contract then that's how the cookie crumbles. I want players who want to stay at our club, wanting to play at our club. Players come and go... that's how footy is played today. It's a business and money rules.

What do you think he's worth? A second rounder?
We maybe could bluff a second round pick for Jay the another possibility is that Fremantle could pick him up in the preseason draft with a contract that nobody else would consider. Then we would get nothing. We need another club interested in Jay prehaps to get anything out of Freo.

Players leave, players stay, players get de listed, players get injured etc. etc.

The beauty of a salary cap is those leaving free up space. It's just a shame the AFL didn't introduce transfer fees.
AFL clubs wouldn't be able to afford transfer fees though right?

i think the likely trade would be something like (based on current ladder positions and no priority/compo picks)

schulz plus our fourth rounder (61)
for
their second (36)

so we would have picks
7, 25, 36, 43, (79 krak upgrade), (97 Gray upgrade)

we would prob then try and package a few picks ie 36 and 43 for around pick 30 as we only need 3 picks.

i think the likely trade would be something like (based on current ladder positions and no priority/compo picks)

schulz plus our fourth rounder (61)
for
their second (36)

so we would have picks
7, 25, 36, 43, (79 krak upgrade), (97 Gray upgrade)

we would prob then try and package a few picks ie 36 and 43 for around pick 30 as we only need 3 picks.
Who do you think will be traded/delsited for five new players to the main list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a chance we would let either of those guys go for nothing! I pray not anyway. And I would rather keep butch even on the rookie list, you never know when its a confidence issue it could turn the corner. And I hope you are right about Mitchell.

Not a chance we would let either of those guys go for nothing! I pray not anyway. And I would rather keep butch even on the rookie list, you never know when its a confidence issue it could turn the corner. And I hope you are right about Mitchell.

he is never going to be able to kick a ball. give up

Not convinced given Maclure's strike rate.

Remember how Tyson Goldsack was signed sealed and delivered to Port come the final round of last season? Don't think that was Maclure, but I wouldn't be holding much stock at all in this kind of stuff.

I'll just put this here...

57209742.jpg

Not convinced given Maclure's strike rate.

Remember how Tyson Goldsack was signed sealed and delivered to Port come the final round of last season? Don't think that was Maclure, but I wouldn't be holding much stock at all in this kind of stuff.

I don't think anyone ever had Goldsack signed, sealed and delivered to Port or anyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back