Certified Legendary Thread Joel Selwood - Premiership Captain and 4 time Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a bloody legend!!!
Even the most cold hearted opposition fans would have to admire him for how he conducted himself with Levi before the game and making some kids day on the dais when he gave him his boots.
Not to mention 12 touches in the first quarter and a cracking banana in the last.

Managed to barely hold it together at the ground but I'm a blubbering mess watching his last quarter and post game on the replay. Such a privilege to watch his career and what was probably safe to assume his last game. Greatest ever legend of the club and it can't be overstated just how much he deserved to captain a premiership.

I know it seems fashionable for opposition fans to hate on Joel Selwood, but to me he's one of the greatest players the game has seem. Right from his first game he showed he was something special and, at his top he was unstoppable. If this was his last game, I'll miss watching him play, but it would certainly be a perfect way to go out. Premiership captain and 4 times Premiership player leaving on an absolute high.

Such an unbelievable player and leader

I’m secretly hoping he goes around again next year but I think he will bow out on a high

Club legend

I know that there's a level of belief that we've seen Selwood play his final game, but part of me wouldn't be surprised if he did play on next season

Watching him with Levi today, and the recent announcement that Britt is pregnant, I do wonder if there's even a small part of Selwood that wouldn't mind the opportunity to run out through the banner with his own child next season

For the best part of 245 matches (sans the covid interruption) he's run through the banner with our mini mascot, and until recently he may not have thought he'd get the opportunity to do so with his own kid - not sure I'd begrudge him for playing on and seeing what happens next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back