Johnson - enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Delusional and in denial.
Show me evidence of those three punching blokes in the bollocks, or giving kidney punches from behind?
Troll.
wow. hawthorn supporters are this much in denial? really? they have been regularly doing stomach punches for a decade now and unlike Johnson have been prone to once in a while do a serious snipe as well. see just two weeks ago for evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Stevie J get's the benefit of the doubt for once. He has copped weeks in the past for things that would have gone unnoticed if it involved another player.

Any incident when slowed down and repeated umpteen times looks bad, particularly with BT and co drooling over the prospect of the MRP having a nice old look.

In hindsight he was never going to get anything after he squirmed free of a suspension after booting Lachie Neale flush in the head last year. Was deemed to be "insufficient force" despite SJ playing out the rest of the season with a foot issue sustained from the incident.

Strange ruling though, how does belting a bloke in the nuts help you "win position for the ball" :confused:

Why bother with that kind of odd reasoning, just call it insufficient force and throw it out.

So Stevie J get's the benefit of the doubt for once. He has copped weeks in the past for things that would have gone unnoticed if it involved another player.
Sooooo... fan of Ballas, are we?

Personally, when gauging MRP suspensions, I tend to apply the "Ballantyne rule".
Which states, more or less, that any player (with the possible exception of Stevie J) who gets suspended, will get half the time that Ballantyne would have received for doing exactly the same thing.

Any incident when slowed down and repeated umpteen times looks bad, particularly with BT and co drooling over the prospect of the MRP having a nice old look.
Yes, don't they.

Now I want you to close your eyes for a moment, and imagine Ballantyne or Stevie J having done the Hodge.

How many weeks, you think?

Wtf? when is using a swinging arm with a closed fist anything close to trying "win position for the ball"..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back