Toast Josh Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked Jenkins up forward that tap to stiffy was special! Great contest every time. His ruckwork was ordinary though and i would think Smack would be ahead due to his superior ruckwork. May get another game if Tex is suspended which i hope he isn't. Going to the Carlton game and i want to see Coleman bag a few :D

Disagree, Vader. Leroy had two great clunking marks early in the piece and did heaps of work off the ball. I agree with CroCop's assessment that he may well prove a better forward than Tippett.
His performance today was a good game, for a first game player. Once the qualifier is removed it becomes little more than a handy cameo. McKernan's performances thus far have been more complete (and nobody could accuse me of being a McKernan fan).

Now, if JJ had McKernan's experience then I think he'd be putting in more complete performances too. That's what I'd like to see.

Just to throw in a different angle, I wonder how Lerroy would go as a Key position defender? Good hands, good body work but his speed and aggression when he was in the back half a few times got me thinking.
198cm running half back.....hmmmmm

His performance today was a good game, for a first game player. Once the qualifier is removed it becomes little more than a handy cameo. McKernan's performances thus far have been more complete (and nobody could accuse me of being a McKernan fan).

Now, if JJ had McKernan's experience then I think he'd be putting in more complete performances too. That's what I'd like to see.

I do agree with you that Mckernan is ahead at present.

getting ahead of yourself a touch :eek:

'...may well'...were the qualifying words.
I am not a Tippett fan as most on here will realise. Love his aggression and application, he just lacks footy skills and a footy brain. From what I've seen of Leroy both in the pre-season and now in his first game, I reckon he has what Tippett has plus skills and smarts.
Yeah, I know, it's a bit early in the bloke's career to call him as a certain elite footballer yet. :eek:

I doubt Jenkins will ever be half the forward Tippett is :eek: But I was very pleased with his game. Showed plenty of confidence, a willingness to get around the grounds (disposals won't show the full extent of his value in the contests, had a lot of slap-ons and the like) and some nice hands.

As a second ruck who will spend the majority of the game playing somewhere other than in the ruck, his weaker rucking ability than McKernan is less important, and the extra inch will help anyway.

I'd keep him in over McKernan if it were me.

I doubt Jenkins will ever be half the forward Tippett is :eek: But I was very pleased with his game. Showed plenty of confidence, a willingness to get around the grounds (disposals won't show the full extent of his value in the contests, had a lot of slap-ons and the like) and some nice hands.

As a second ruck who will spend the majority of the game playing somewhere other than in the ruck, his weaker rucking ability than McKernan is less important, and the extra inch will help anyway.

I'd keep him in over McKernan if it were me.

You and I had a disagreement last year about Tippets strength and Body Shape. Whilst I didnt see the first half of todays game I did see Josh run quickly. He looks the likely type. Good solid build, agile, can take a mark. I think he has the potential to be developed into a true CHF. Thinking about the future could he also be developed into a CHB. I am not sure but he has a far stronger body shape than Talia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'...may well'...were the qualifying words.
I am not a Tippett fan as most on here will realise. Love his aggression and application, he just lacks footy skills and a footy brain. From what I've seen of Leroy both in the pre-season and now in his first game, I reckon he has what Tippett has plus skills and smarts.
Yeah, I know, it's a bit early in the bloke's career to call him as a certain elite footballer yet. :eek:
I agree Beartoo. I think if Tipp wants the same money he received last contract that he can go . Would rather the draft picks he would net us in this super draft. Jenkins can do his job especially when alot of posters on Big Footy say that Tipp should be judged on more than just the marks and goals. That said should a player of that type be on $700K. The answer is no.
They said today on TV that Jenkins tested the fastest at the draft combine over one of the shorter distances .
AndVader thinks Mckernan is more complete, the guy is so unco and gumby like

for some reason i seem to have a MAJOR aversion to dropped marks, so for me this shoots jj well above smack:eek:

otten was seriously beginning to sh!t me, the amount that he dropped, smacks dropped marks had me grinding my teeth.................although it is rather strange that my aversion to it isnt half as strong with players other than these:rolleyes::eek:

I did say in my "Bass thinks Tippett is overated thread last week" that we could play Jenkins in the Tippett role and he would come much cheaper than Tippett. Actually think if left as a forward Jenkins could be better than Tippett. Solid lad and nice kick. Seems quicker than Tipp but also has his athleticism

We could play Myke Cook in the Rory Sloane role for much cheaper too. Doesn't mean it's even remotely the best or right thing to do.

I did say in my "Bass thinks Tippett is overated thread last week" that we could play Jenkins in the Tippett role and he would come much cheaper than Tippett. Actually think if left as a forward Jenkins could be better than Tippett. Solid lad and nice kick. Seems quicker than Tipp but also has his athleticism

That being said, if JJ is potentially better than Tip, follows he will potentially be dearer than Tipp. let's not get ahead of ourselves. One swallow does not mean spring is here!

Just to throw in a different angle, I wonder how Lerroy would go as a Key position defender? Good hands, good body work but his speed and aggression when he was in the back half a few times got me thinking.
198cm running half back.....hmmmmm

I must admit I thought the same thing but we are clutching at straws. A quick mobile CHF would destroy him as they would Rutten and Talia. Rutten and Talia (and possibly Jerka) are more suited to the monster tall forward such as Hawkins, Brown etc.

CHB is a real concern.

I must admit I thought the same thing but we are clutching at straws. A quick mobile CHF would destroy him as they would Rutten and Talia. Rutten and Talia (and possibly Jerka) are more suited to the monster tall forward such as Hawkins, Brown etc.

CHB is a real concern.

You don't rate Hawkins as quick and athletic? Genuine question not insult.

Looked pretty good, really comfortable with his body and not gumby like a lot of big people look (tippett early, mckernan and talia have all been guilty of this).

What's the history behind the Leroy nickname?
It's a big internet thing.

[youtube]LkCNJRfSZBU[/youtube]

"Leeroy Jenkins is the name of a World of Warcraft character that is known for screaming out his name before ignorantly charging headlong into battle, killing everyone in his party. Though the video may have been staged, Leeroy Jenkins was embraced by Blizzard Inc., making several appearances in World of Warcraft products.

The video showed the guild intensely discussing battle strategies, preparing to enter a dangerous zone in the game known as the about to enter the Rookery[14] in the Upper Blackrock Spire, known for its large quantity of dragonspawn. Suddenly, a paladin in the group named Leeroy Jenkins, who appeared to have missed the discussion, yells out “alright, lets do this!” before charging into the area, killing everyone in the party."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back