Toast Josh Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Great first game by Josh. He looks to have great awareness about him.

How did we get this guy for a bag of chips?

"LEEERRROOOYYY'd" his huge mark in the square." Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but i like the WOW reference for all those comp geeks out there :)

I like the little lace out pass he tried to hot Walker with. The pass got chopped off, but the way he executed the kick shows he is more than just a big body.

Looked far more intense and dangerous than Smack for mine. Not as good in the ruck though. I noticed we still ran tippet through the ruck a lot while sauce was resting.

The boy is quicker than I remember. Is apparently the fastest at the club over 20m:eek:. Any chance of turning him into a forward who rotates through the mid-field and relieves in the ruck (similar to Nic Nat)? Would need to improve his endurance first but, geez, this kid is an interesting prospect. :thumbsu:

He seems to think he can do it as well:
"I even spent some games as a midfielder and I really enjoyed that. So hopefully I can bring some of that sort of stuff to the table," he said.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/how-crows-won-jenkins-over/story-fn76njus-1226194045056

Would certainly be handy to have someone that versatile on the team:thumbsu:

You and I had a disagreement last year about Tippets strength and Body Shape. Whilst I didnt see the first half of todays game I did see Josh run quickly. He looks the likely type. Good solid build, agile, can take a mark. I think he has the potential to be developed into a true CHF. Thinking about the future could he also be developed into a CHB. I am not sure but he has a far stronger body shape than Talia

Body shape and strength are not always concurrent

I can see Josh developing into a back up defender or a third tall up forward however to be our CHF is a little stretched IMO

Tippett currently ranks #2 in the comp for contested marks, in 2010 Tippett ranked #1 in the comp for forward contested marks and daylight was second and this is due to his strength in a contest, I know for a fact that a AA defender rates Tippett as the strongest forward currently playing, he rates Tippett's strength even higher than J Brown

Tippett is critical to our structure and success

It's a big internet thing.

[youtube]LkCNJRfSZBU[/youtube]

"Leeroy Jenkins is the name of a World of Warcraft character that is known for screaming out his name before ignorantly charging headlong into battle, killing everyone in his party. Though the video may have been staged, Leeroy Jenkins was embraced by Blizzard Inc., making several appearances in World of Warcraft products.

The video showed the guild intensely discussing battle strategies, preparing to enter a dangerous zone in the game known as the about to enter the Rookery[14] in the Upper Blackrock Spire, known for its large quantity of dragonspawn. Suddenly, a paladin in the group named Leeroy Jenkins, who appeared to have missed the discussion, yells out “alright, lets do this!” before charging into the area, killing everyone in the party."

At least he has chicken!

And the real life Leroy:

[YOUTUBE]9vF7aVMhUEw[/YOUTUBE]

Jenkins seems to be the guy pencilled in to take Tip's spot if he goes.

Probably knowing we were going to get him, the club entertained trade talks with Brisbane last year.

I think you may be right on the money here and have been thinking exactly the same thing.

Isn't quite as imposing as Kurt, but is probably more athletic and could certainly play a similar role.

His ruckwork probably isn't quite at the level of McKernan's and I think I'd still play McKernan ahead of him (just). I think Jenkins can still learn a lot from playing SANFL football, although I'd consider giving him one more week at AFL level before bringing McKernan back into the side.

Really impressive first up showing from Jenkins though, I love his athletic ability and looks to have a great grab on him, as well as quite clean skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Walker is out Jenkins will need to play.

Heard on the radio today that Tip may be cited as well? Buggered if I can recall when it happened though.

Was watching he and Tip kick before the game and Leeroy is a better kick at goal.

This is true and it doesn't help that Harley called it a sling (even if by the rules of the game it wasn't), because what he says is usually treated as gospel by the AFL.

Jenkins is certainly a more fluent kick of the footy, I liked him.

Ideal world, we keep him and he stays a crow for the rest of his career.

Worst case scenario he is very tradeable, should get value for him (that clause does not exist, it is media BS) and we have guys like McKernan and Jenkins who can play the role. Not to mention Dowdell learning the game at SANFL level and doing ok.

Either way we win, and the club has set us up to not suffer as much as we have in losing Bock and Davis.

Really liked what I saw yesterday, unlike McKernan he looks more like a "natural" footballer, and probably showed at least the equal in one match of what McKernan has produced in his whole AFL career thus far....a big positive was the fact he didn't continually concede the clumsy free kicks Shaun is prone to give away. Actual ruckwork needs plenty of work with Matthew Clarke but looks well worth the investment. I personally would play him ahead of McKernan next week to see of he can back up yesterday's performance.

If Walker is out Jenkins will need to play.

Heard on the radio today that Tip may be cited as well? Buggered if I can recall when it happened though.
QUOTE]

I think it was in the 3rd q. I remember seeing Tip hit someone late after he had disposed of the ball. Can't recall the player, but he was in the hands of the trainers for some time afterwards. I said to my mate that Tippett could be in trouble.

Enright I think. Enright went to put body into him as the ball was being cleared across the backline (and was outside of 5m) and Tips did 'something' and Enright went down, and stayed down, for a good 30seconds.

The boy is quicker than I remember. Is apparently the fastest at the club over 20m:eek:. Any chance of turning him into a forward who rotates through the mid-field and relieves in the ruck (similar to Nic Nat)? Would need to improve his endurance first but, geez, this kid is an interesting prospect. :thumbsu:

I think this is fairly common for athletic rucks. I recall Rhett Biglands was our fastest over 20m too when he was at the club, but he wasn't exactly a speed demon.

Still, better to have explosive pace over short distances than not to!

I think this is fairly common for athletic rucks. I recall Rhett Biglands was our fastest over 20m too when he was at the club, but he wasn't exactly a speed demon.

Still, better to have explosive pace over short distances than not to!

Brad Moran was one of our quickest over 20m at the time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back