Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Anthony Rocca would struggle in jeans I reckon. Those thighs are a fitting disaster.

I reckon more of these jumpers will turn up one day. Someone at Footscray might do some spring cleaning "look what I found!" Ir there is some stashed at Brunswick St.
The thing is, Sekem probably made a dozen at the absolute most. How many do you need? I know the Fitzroy Bulldogs was as much as done at one stage, but they never required a swag of them. You have two to show each club's boards, maybe two for each team's players to look at, maybe one to send to the AFL, Sekem keep one for prosperity and another as a work in progress or something, and then maybe another couple to be presented to fan groups and/or potential sponsors or something. I doubt they have a big box of jumpers, and if there was, the Roys moved around so much in the years after that everything was probably lost.

I'll tell you what though, if you ever wanted to get some free merch, Optus Oval is your place. s**t lays everywhere. There are goal posts, nets, deflated footys, flotsam and jetsam all in the open at the Legends Stand. In the old media boxes and some smaller rooms, there's all sorts of paraphernalia: old computers and CDs, hard drives, USBs, as well as caps (mostly unsold gear from the last game there) still in their plastic wraps. It's pretty cool. I'm not supporting, advocating, or saying stealing is what you should do, I'm just hypothetically hypothesising a hypothesis.

Big Anthony Rocca would struggle in jeans I reckon. Those thighs are a fitting disaster.
344154.jpg

I reckon he's all but given up on leg clothing articles.

The thing is, Sekem probably made a dozen at the absolute most. How many do you need? I know the Fitzroy Bulldogs was as much as done at one stage, but they never required a swag of them. You have two to show each club's boards, maybe two for each team's players to look at, maybe one to send to the AFL, Sekem keep one for prosperity and another as a work in progress or something, and then maybe another couple to be presented to fan groups and/or potential sponsors or something. I doubt they have a big box of jumpers, and if there was, the Roys moved around so much in the years after that everything was probably lost.

I'll tell you what though, if you ever wanted to get some free merch, Optus Oval is your place. s**t lays everywhere. There are goal posts, nets, deflated footys, flotsam and jetsam all in the open at the Legends Stand. In the old media boxes and some smaller rooms, there's all sorts of paraphernalia: old computers and CDs, hard drives, USBs, as well as caps (mostly unsold gear from the last game there) still in their plastic wraps. It's pretty cool. I'm not supporting, advocating, or saying stealing is what you should do, I'm just hypothetically hypothesising a hypothesis.

I'll raise your hypothesis and give you a you've been there and done that and probably got some crap at home. Lol

Is this the next location for a FGJD meetup?

Its amazing!!! I knew we looked into blue and green, and the name was always either Lakers or Sharks prior to the Crows.

I wonder if this was going to be Sharks or Lakers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As well as some really bad ones.

One of the first rules of designing is that blue and green can only go together in special circumstances.

I can see a whole team being based around the two colours.
Blue and Green should never be seen, without a colour in between

Next step will be to make a Paddlepop as a heritage some time in 2016 or 2017 and flog it off at $250 a pop.
Might take a little longer than that to sell out the stock that Kooga's got on sale atm for $30.

The Lycra leotard from norwood should have made the "guernsey's that never were" list. It looks better suited for those doing the tour de france or gymnasts.

Despite my dislike for it, it is an interesting piece of history

Last edited by a moderator:
This Lycra leotard from norwood should have made the "guernsey's that never were" list. It looks better suited for those doing the tour de france or gymnasts.

Despite my dislike for it, it is an interesting piece of history
That's a live auction mate. Delete your post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back