Just to touch on Ainley........

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rewboy

Senior List
Feb 1, 2001
South of Saigon.
I noticed many posters have expressed their dissapontment and sorrow at the delisting of Mark Ainley. It is just a terrible tragedy. For all those curious to know, sources have it that his injury, not only was life threatening but also was career ending.

I'm sure his face will be a fixture around the place next year and that in its self will be great to see considering what may have happened.

Its just such a shame - I'd love to see him perhaps pull on the boots again one day at local level........but for his sake, there is a lot more to life than footy.

OHHHHH:(

It's just so sad, I remember the day it happened @ the vfl match, wasn't there myself but heard all about it, it's just so sad and Ii remember how happy he was at training when he was getting a lot better, must be a shattered dream, love ya mark hope u can stay involved @ the roos

If the club had kept him, and he made his way back into the seniors and had a recurrence of the injury - what would the club's liability have been in the case of death or permanent disability suffered as a result of the injury?

Could this have been a factor in his delisting? {i.e. - along the lines of not sending an injured worker back to work, to avoid a possible recurrence}

If the club decided to delist him because it did not want to put his life/health at risk, then I say fair enough.

I am so sorry to hear that Mark had to be delisted. It really goes to show that footballers do have a dangerous workplace.

surely the club can fill us in on what the situation is with mark.

i hope they haven't delisted him for anything other than a career ending injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back