pilkos_cats

Debutant
Nov 12, 2005
TAS
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
does any one know which younger players are training with the cats in the lead up to the rookie draft in the hope of getting drafted

Will Slade was the only one mentioned in todays Hun but you would thing a few of the Falcons would be trying their luck.

Andrew Banjanin Is training with us, article in the paper about beetham the other day, saying we where interested so i assume he is training with is as well.

geelong32 said:
Andrew Banjanin Is training with us, article in the paper about beetham the other day, saying we where interested so i assume he is training with is as well.

Anyone seen Banjanin play, would he be worth a try?

Had a look at his bio, late starter , ,200cm at 18 , so probably got a bit more height in him , good tap ruckman. Cant see how having this kid on our list as Rookie for a couple years is a negative. Put him away , train him and we have dibs in two years time

i'm for giving slade another year, if this draft was sopposed to be the weakest in years then the option of slade and beetham as rookies must be attracvtive. beetham was a top ten pick from memory worth a shot.

geelong32 said:
i'm for giving slade another year, if this draft was sopposed to be the weakest in years then the option of slade and beetham as rookies must be attracvtive. beetham was a top ten pick from memory worth a shot.

Just as long as Slade's over his bout of OP. Showed a bit back in the olden days when he used to play AFL but it's no use carrying him hoping that it comes good early in the year.

Probably not a bad idea to get AFL ready players and give them 12 months on the rookie list to work their butts off. If someone does have a longterm injury, it does give you a bit more depth.

I think we've got 3 or 4 rookie picks this year so why not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cats must go after Beetham.
I went to school with him for about 6 years and was around when he went through his 'break down' at St kilda. At 20, he just couldn't handle Grant Thomas and wasn't mature enough to perservere with things.

But when his head was right he could play some awesome footy. And it sounds like he has finally found his passion for the game once again. And he has been carving up at old Xavs.

If we get him, no-one will ever mention Brent Moloney again down at cat land. Beetham could easily match him in all areas- speed, stength, smarts. A perfect, and I believe a potentially superior replacement.

Sometimes players just aren't ready for the big time. I can remember a young bloke leaving the hawks in '83 so he could unwind and play some country footy in Myrtleford. Then he came to the cats in '84 and became the greatest player we've ever seen. Giving caydn another shot would be worth a punt

JUBJUB said:
Isn't Beetham 23 ?
That's too old for the Rookie draft.
hang on so whats going on with beetham?
ive only heard on here that we are interested and i wouldnt mind him myself but thought the same thing about age. we dont have a pick in the psd so if we were interested that would mean he is obviously eligible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back