Kingsley what a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

tomthabuddah

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Bomber lost alot of credibility today with me. He let a guy who from all reports was a disgrace in the VFL and put him back in the senoir team.

He played terribly today and the only thing that saved him was our win.

Make him work for his position. Should have left in in the VFL to see how badly he wanted to get back..

Drop him and make him prove himself. Bomber grow some balls stop rewarding efforts that just arnt there.

He wasn't that bad today. Didn't have a lot of impact, but he did do the team-oriented things he normally wouldn't even consider. Yes, he only had one shot on goal and he fluffed it (surprise surprise) but disposal to him was woeful.

The Lord Commander said:
He wasn't that bad today. Didn't have a lot of impact, but he did do the team-oriented things he normally wouldn't even consider. Yes, he only had one shot on goal and he fluffed it (surprise surprise) but disposal to him was woeful.

Don't believe we were watching the same game. he was terrible tonight. should be dropped and left in the twos until he retires.

CatNut said:
Don't believe we were watching the same game. he was terrible tonight. should be dropped and left in the twos until he retires.

Appears you were...he wasn't terrible. Playing up the ground, what did you expect him to do? Kick 5?

chapmanmagic35 said:
Harsh...he wasn't bad today. He was used up the ground, so people expecting him to kick are bag are foolish.

Fumbled a bit, but so what. He did some good things.

Thats not the point..

1) what was the point of dropping him if you just bring him back the next week without any justification.
2) what is that showing to other players.
3) He was dropped for a reason. How has he answered that question?

tomthabuddah said:
Thats not the point..

1) what was the point of dropping him if you just bring him back the next week without any justification.
2) what is that showing to other players.
3) He was dropped for a reason. How has he answered that question?

Mackie - forward
Kingsley - forward

Who would you have added?

chapmanmagic35 said:
Mackie - forward
Kingsley - forward

Who would you have added?

Give Lonergan a chance. If he failed he could be delisted at the end of the season without regret. What did we gain from Kingsley today?

Agee with Chapmanmagic35. Swap a forward for a forward, although i do believe its a sh** decision that Kingsley is back in the team, and will now probably keep his spot.

KK did do a few good things like The Lord Commander said, he did a few chases that he usually would not do. He knows his spot is on the line.

cats2rise said:
Agee with Chapmanmagic35. Swap a forward for a forward, although i do believe its a sh** decision that Kingsley is back in the team, and will now probably keep his spot.

KK did do a few good things like The Lord Commander said, he did a few chases that he usually would not do. He knows his spot is on the line.

If he has learnt so much why didnt he show that attitude in the VFL.

Why!

Because he knew he would come back in no matter how he plays.

Certainly played like a man who'd been flown over the night before with the clear knowledge he was only getting in the side because Mackie was injured...still, could have done worse. I think the biggest problem is that the midfield always seems to kick it too high to him, and he's simply being used incorrectly. Of course, how you use him correctly I've yet to figure out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thejester said:
Certainly played like a man who'd been flown over the night before with the clear knowledge he was only getting in the side because Mackie was injured...still, could have done worse. I think the biggest problem is that the midfield always seems to kick it too high to him, and he's simply being used incorrectly. Of course, how you use him correctly I've yet to figure out...

Up the ground IMO...he's not the type of player to bomb long to and expect him to take big contested grabs.

Nah, Kingsley wasn't that bad today. He was bl00dy shocking! A genuine forward, in form or not, should be able to slot one through from where he was!

Who were the other emergencies available to take Mackie's place?

ciaobella said:
Nah, Kingsley wasn't that bad today. He was bl00dy shocking! A genuine forward, in form or not, should be able to slot one through from where he was!

Who were the other emergencies available to take Mackie's place?

He played wing/HFF majorily...what did you expect?

He set up a couple...

Go easy on him people... he has shouldered the burden in the forward line for us for the last few years in a position he isn't really suited to IMO. So he is down on confidence and touch, but I think he deserves to be given a few more chances before we completely write him off.

Play him on a half forward flank and keep playing Nath up forward (who showed alot of improvement today IMO).

Sean Sheep said:
Go easy on him people... he has shouldered the burden in the forward line for us for the last few years in a position he isn't really suited to IMO. So he is down on confidence and touch, but I think he deserves to be given a few more chances before we completely write him off.

Play him on a half forward flank and keep playing Nath up forward (who showed alot of improvement today IMO).

Agreed...we have had a lack of KPP so he has been holding down FF, and pretty well too.

OMG are you clowns serious.
If he is a forward he is s&*t
If he is the team for presence and intimidation he is s&*t
If he is in the team for his forward defensive pressure he is s&*t
no tjust now he always has been aprt from a few good matches when the ball hit's him on the ***.
so what an embattled coach should do is:
drop him to th 2's
bring him back IF he ever improves those things.
Instead We got;
"Ohhh Mackie injured himself, and we have nobody else on our list (at all right) so Kent is in (because hhe deserves it, played well in 2's, really attacks the ball, and his second attempts and 1%ers are sadly missed at present) yeah right!
the only time today i thought we might loose was when Bomber said he was in the team and mooney to play CHB!
BUT bomber had a brain wave
"I know play him up the ground, then because he is so hard at the ball, stong overhead, great defensive pressure and good at hard ball gets, he will provide opportunity for our forwards."
Hello BRAIN FREEZE
WTF
Yes we had a win over a team that must have run over chinamen, walked under ladders etc, but far from convincing.
We interchanged well and were fresh BUT that was a 100+ win for the taking and we couldn't do it.
There are passengers and CK is one (whoops typo KK :).
We if we are to be stong and real DO NOT NEED HIM
Ohh and a big hand for our captain "CAMERON MOONEY" great after the game with all players, and singing, and hard ball get's, marking overhead, Tude etc.
Leave the big king dinosaur to fade away politley, we need contolled aggession and the new CAPTAIN has heaps of it, PASSION.
as said earlierthe man with the hidden stop sign and no knees is NOT REQUIRED, bring on a kid would have made no difference.
Did anyone notice in the last 30-40 min he played forward so the coach could have a look and everyone went there and we DID NOT SCORE, he dismantles us f!@$ him off.
Bye Bye Kan't Kingsley, bring on more Can Mooney attitude and HEART!!!!!

chapmanmagic35 said:
Up the ground IMO...he's not the type of player to bomb long to and expect him to take big contested grabs.
Exactly...his advantage is his pace but when he leads it always seems to go over his head; maybe the best thing to do is get him and Nath as the leading optiong with Ottens in the goal square and Chappy and Stokes sitting pretty in front.

Inferno said:
McCarthy or Lonergen should of got in over Can't Kicksley.

Does anyone else think Mccarthy been told he will never play for the cats again. With his recent form for him not to be chosen must be a sign the end is near.

Inferno said:
McCarthy or Lonergen should of got in over Can't Kicksley.
Are you joking?? we would have been waaaaaaay to tall IMO. I agree that McCarthy and Lonners should get a game as they are performing better than Playfair/Kent in the VFL, but to replace a mid sized forward for another tall.... no thanks.

cats2rise said:
Are you joking?? we would have been waaaaaaay to tall IMO. I agree that McCarthy and Lonners should get a game as they are performing better than Playfair/Kent in the VFL, but to replace a mid sized forward for another tall.... no thanks.
Put them on when either King or Otto were off and the other tall was rucking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back