KPF Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Beasley's only about 190cm but he's very good 1 on 1 from all reports, just worry about his fitness. Would love to see him get a crack if he's impressed the coaching staff. We do really need more cover down back. Despite kicking a few goals in a TAC Cup game he's definitely not someone who can swing forward regularly like McStay from what I know.

Staker has to come in I think, even if he's not in great form we're going to be desperate with Close out along with all the others.

Because we have lots of injured talls on the senior list? Freeman, Close, Merrett, West, Gardiner, Paine and possibly Justin Clarke?

We've still got Martin, Leuenberger, McStay, Maguire, Paparone, Staker and possibly Clarke and Gardiner available.

We've still got Martin, Leuenberger, McStay, Maguire, Paparone, Staker and possibly Clarke and Gardiner available.

Martin: Yes, can play as a defender, ruck or up forward.
Leuenberger: Not much of a target up forward.
Paparone: Would you really play him as a Key Forward or Key Defender?
Staker: Injury prone, and hasn't even been playing as a tall in the reserves. But yes, he is an option.
McStay: Yes, the best young KPP we have.
Maguire: Yep. Generally consistent.

I thought Gardiner and Clarke are expected to be sidelined for a couple of week? If so it'd leave us with Maguire and Staker and the KPD's and Martin/McStay as the KPF's. Don't really know how I'd feel about that.

Staker: Injury prone, and hasn't even been playing as a tall in the reserves. But yes, he is an option.

I thought Gardiner and Clarke are expected to be sidelined for a couple of week? If so it'd leave us with Maguire and Staker and the KPD's and Martin/McStay as the KPF's. Don't really know how I'd feel about that.

Sounds from the reserve wrap like Gardiner is in the mix. The injury report was a little cagey on Clarke I thought, but did say he 'should' be right for this week.

I reckon in we'll start matches with Leuey in the ruck most weeks and Stef up forward to see if Leuey can at least break even. If he's not matching up well then maybe we switch it up, but I'd say Leuey has a better chance of regaining ruck form as he regains confidence in his body, and Stef looks to be a better option up forward where his size will be critical.

I cant help but feel that Hawkins is massively overrated. Just doesnt impact games anymore.
100% agree. Would struggle to be in the top 10 key forwards at the moment.

Seems like reactionary thinking based off two games. Kicked 3, 7, 1 & 5 goals in the last four games of last years.

Reserves said that Clarke should be okay to go for this week.
and McStay as the best young KPP? Disagree mate, Clarke easily our best atm, Gardiner would be 2nd, Close and McStay tie at 3rd l reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reserves said that Clarke should be okay to go for this week.
and McStay as the best young KPP? Disagree mate, Clarke easily our best atm, Gardiner would be 2nd, Close and McStay tie at 3rd l reckon.

Best available, I think cotter101 was saying?

Close out, Gardiner/Clarke uncertain..

Yeah, best young KPP available. Assuming Clarke/Gardiner miss. :thumbsu:

Heard the commentators talking during one of the footy broadcasts about an up and coming Sudanese player who plays for either the GC or Lions academy, they didn't know which team but thought it was either us or the GC. Pardon my ignorance on that player, but could someone enlighten me a little on him or at least give me his name so i can look him up. They way they were talking him up sounded great, be nice if his ours. Probably already discussed apologies if it has. They said GC or Lions Academy but knowing how unreliable some of these commentators are don't rule out him belonging to the Swans!!!

Heard the commentators talking during one of the footy broadcasts about an up and coming Sudanese player who plays for either the GC or Lions academy, they didn't know which team but thought it was either us or the GC. Pardon my ignorance on that player, but could someone enlighten me a little on him or at least give me his name so i can look him up. They way they were talking him up sounded great, be nice if his ours. Probably already discussed apologies if it has. They said GC or Lions Academy but knowing how unreliable some of these commentators are don't rule out him belonging to the Swans!!!
You're not talking about Aliir Aliir who started footy in Qld, went to WA and is now on the Swans list?

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ping-to-make-the-big-time-20140701-zssh9.html

The fact that this thread was started in July 2012 and is still going and topical says it all really.
13840686471230547485.GIF

Wtf, are you actually ******* serious. Can we fire the fitness people straight away, l have never seen a club more decimated by injuries than us.

Thought it was only supposed to be 5 weeks.........
New injury. He rolled his ankle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back