Kurt Tippett trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: How Kurt Tippett could become a Sun

Maybe Tippett sees his best chance of a big payday is this year?
No-one knows what will happen to his value by the end of 2012..rooster or feather duster?
So does he walk now when we are in need...or stay until end of 2012 when one of our young guys may have stepped up and we might not be into the market as hard.
Very much depends on how much he really wants to return to the GC
My reading of the situation is that this is his moment..and we all know in professional sport how quickly those moments pass.

Maybe Tippett sees his best chance of a big payday is this year?
No-one knows what will happen to his value by the end of 2012..rooster or feather duster?
So does he walk now when we are in need...or stay until end of 2012 when one of our young guys may have stepped up and we might not be into the market as hard.
Very much depends on how much he really wants to return to the GC
My reading of the situation is that this is his moment..and we all know in professional sport how quickly those moments pass.

Spot on Sandy. At this very moment he is in the best position he could possibly be to ask for the $$$. He is still the #1 full forward at the Crows, but next season Walker could easily take the title off him. The Suns currently are in desperate need of his big body and his experience up forward, but the longer he holds off, the less I think we will offer him. That's if the rumour that we are chasing him this season is even correct?

The only thing i can see bringing down Tippetts value is an injury.

The news I have been waiting to hear, and personally I think the crows will be very keen to trade him now and receive some good compo instead of the possibility of him walking at the end of next season?

We can't lose Tippett and Maric in the same trade period unless we were to get Gorringe or a back up ruckman/forward from somewhere else.

Also would love to know the source for that info.

Tippett will not be traded this year - bookmark it

Those who believe that is a fate of complete that he will return next year well it's not.....

Too much has been made of Tippetts recent interview, of course he is a GC boy and I have no doubt that one day he will return home, people assumes that means next year, however I don't

Bottom line is Kurt loves the club and has shown strong passion for the club and it's supporters

It's far from a sure thing

Anyone see the article in the GC Bulletin today?

Suns are confirmed to be chasing Tippett hard, hoping to land him as soon as next season.

THEY missed out on him last time but the Gold Coast Suns are set to once again try and bring home gun Adelaide forward Kurt Tippett as early as next season.

Suns coach Guy McKenna confirmed the club's interest in Tippett yesterday.

"We are certainly interested and I think any player would look at our list and how exciting it is with such a young group," McKenna said.

In terms of a trade, Adelaide would certainly be interested in the likes of South Australian products Sam Day and ruckman Daniel Gorringe.

Suns defender and fellow SA product Seb Tape is another player believed to be of interest to the Crows.

Be very interesting to see what comes up come trade week! Not sure what the trade would be, but seems we're chasing really hard to get him.

Not sure it would be Gorringe as he just re-signed a couple of weeks ago. So maybe Tape and something for him? Despite that horror game, Tape is a pretty good traditional defender, in that he sticks to his opponents like glue. Or sticky tape. :p

EDIT-- just realized, Bluey mentioned that Hutchins & Toy will play far more game time next year. Hutchins usually took Tape's place in the team this year, didn't he? So maybe the deal has already been done, and Tape is part of it? This being why Bluey said Hutchins would be in the team for most of the season next year. Just speculating of course here. ;) But I cannot see where Tape would be with Hutchins in the squad.

Watching Bluey in the season review interview yesterday, he seems quite confident that we'll get a senior body next year. Will this be him? Maybe already a done deal?

Yes a nice reassuring article this morning the club is looking to rectify our fwd problem. I still think Day might be traded, I know there was a report he was close to resigning, but did it eventually happen? I, like everyone else wants Tape to go... Which combined with pick 4 might get the deal done, but if pick 4 is off the table, you would think Tape would be no where near enough to get the Kurt home?

Gee, I can't fathom that we would trade the Number 2 pick in the draft in Day for Tippett, he would have to be seriously home sick and I would want another player as well before I would think that this was a reasonable trade.

Pretty much this. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just read the article and am glad to see it is the writer not Bluey that is mentioning Day and Gorringe as potential trades.

Maybe the No4 pick would be enough as its better compo than a lot of clubs get when a player wants to go home, look at Tarrant for instance.

If the only way to get the deal done was Day and pick 4 in return for Tippett and Adelaide's pick 10... Well I think I would have to take it. I know it may sound like we are losing out, but we need a solution now and Day can't provide that for another 3 or 4 years, and thats if he lives up to his potential? We know what we are getting with Tippett, Crows are only guessing and hoping with Day. Thoughts?

If the only way to get the deal done was Day and pick 4 in return for Tippett and Adelaide's pick 10... Well I think I would have to take it. I know it may sound like we are losing out, but we need a solution now and Day can't provide that for another 3 or 4 years, and thats if he lives up to his potential? We know what we are with Tippett, Crows are only hoping with Day. Thoughts?

I can certainly see where you're coming from.

I guess it depends on person to person;

Are you willing to accept your side being in the bottom 8 for the next couple of years while the team grows? The not bringing in any experienced KF option?

Or did you want success for the Suns quicker than this period of time? IE Getting a Kurt or Dawes type.

We all knew it would be a long road before the Suns got into the top 8. I'm just not sure losing Day and gaining Kurt, who himself has had a dodgy couple of years, would be best.

Sadly, we just haven't seen enough of Day to judge on how good he'll be. So we don't know if we'd be winning or losing out. :confused:

EDIT --

Seems that Bluey is planning on trading away pick 4 for a mature body. Article on the AFL site.

I can certainly see where you're coming from.

I guess it depends on person to person;

Are you willing to accept your side being in the bottom 8 for the next couple of years while the team grows? The not bringing in any experienced KF option?

Or did you want success for the Suns quicker than this period of time? IE Getting a Kurt or Dawes type.

We all knew it would be a long road before the Suns got into the top 8. I'm just not sure losing Day and gaining Kurt, who himself has had a dodgy couple of years, would be best.

Sadly, we just haven't seen enough of Day to judge on how good he'll be. So we don't know if we'd be winning or losing out. :confused:

EDIT --

Seems that Bluey is planning on trading away pick 4 for a mature body. Article on the AFL site.

I am firmly in the first camp of develop the kids, so what if we have a couple move years in the lower half of the ladder, it means better draft picks, a team that plays 40-50 games together and really start to gel together and Bluey gets to mould them into a unit.

Link?

If the only way to get the deal done was Day and pick 4 in return for Tippett and Adelaide's pick 10... Well I think I would have to take it. I know it may sound like we are losing out, but we need a solution now and Day can't provide that for another 3 or 4 years, and thats if he lives up to his potential? We know what we are getting with Tippett, Crows are only guessing and hoping with Day. Thoughts?

Would do this trade in a heart beat. Win win for both clubs, although you would think GC would be paying overs. Make it happen!

If i have been hearing right that this year's draft field is lacking the talent of previous drafts, and that next year is a supposed "super draft" i would be okay with Bluey and the gang trading pick 4 for an experienced player. Depending on the quality of the player of course, and the trade involved. :p

Would be a shame to see someone like Day head back in a trade.

The top 10 in the draft will still be quality exile. But it won't have the depth of talent that they think next years will (so harder to get quality with your 2nd+ round picks).

Emma Quayle etc still rate the top few selections very highly.

I mentioned this in another forum but I am starting to think that putting out the No4 pick as gettable in a smart move by the club. Many teams would love this pick and who knows one or more of them may be willing to sell the farm to get it.

The Swans, Saints and Cats are all aging lists and in need of fresh blood and may be willing to part with a couple of very handy players to get it, thoughts?

Oh absolutely Iva, it's an extremely clever move making public our willingness to move pick 4 on should the deal be right... And every club knows we are in the market for an experienced key forward... A few clubs might just start rethinking their lists and start throwing a few fwds names in the air, contracted or not. It should hopefully guarantee we obtain the best available fwd on the market this trades season. I guess Tippett is the frontrunner, but I'm sure a few more good names might just start popping up once finals are finshed?

Pick 4 is a tasty treat no doubt, and while we can talk bravely about premierships in 4 years we need to start winning at home to maintain and increase our support base.

Hawkins is one I suspect that might be available, but would he come and is he worth pick 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back