Kurt Tippett trade talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: How Kurt Tippett could become a Sun

We already have a mini-Hawkins in the making with Dixon. Lots of potential but more than likely will never become the player everyone thought he would ;)

Pick four for Tip could work for both us and GC.

You guys dont really have a 24/25 year old ready made Ruck/Key Forward. We need to bolster our midfield. We would use pick four on Chad Wingard. If Tip wants to go home this is the best outcome.

Both clubs needs are met.

If you're feeling kind you can through in Tape or even Gorringe as well..........

Pick four for Tip could work for both us and GC.

You guys dont really have a 24/25 year old ready made Ruck/Key Forward. We need to bolster our midfield. We would use pick four on Chad Wingard. If Tip wants to go home this is the best outcome.

Both clubs needs are met.

If you're feeling kind you can through in Tape or even Gorringe as well..........

Yeah GC fans, i think were feeling kind as well, you can have Myke Cook

So it seems like the public opinion has completely changed since this thread was started. On page one both Suns and Crows fans express how unlikely they think the Tippett to Suns trade is. Now everyone thinks it is going to happen because McKenna says they are after him?

Perhaps Adelaide fans are still in shock about Davis and just want that number 4 pick. It wasn't that long ago Adelaide came out and stated that Kurt wasn't going anywhere and would see out his last remaining year on his contract. Don't get me wrong things can change in a heartbeat which we saw yesterday with Ross Lyon to Fremantle but wouldn't the Crows supporters feel betrayed if they assured them of Tippett's presence next year and then he leaves come trade period?

The interview with McKenna makes it seem as if some form of contact between the Crows and Suns has occurred so perhaps the speculation is correct and they have come to an agreement already and the only thing stopping them is that they aren't in trade week. Pick 4 for the Suns is virtually useless because every player on the list will be a year ahead of him and the Suns really have no reason to play an 18 year old over a 19 year old. Tippett in forward line for the GC would most certainly see more wins on the board for the Gold Coast. I can picture Ablett hitting Kurt on the chest after a center clearance on many occasions and it resulting in a goal. Lets not forget Kurt has already kicked 6 goals at Metricon Stadium.

If the only way to get the deal done was Day and pick 4 in return for Tippett and Adelaide's pick 10... Well I think I would have to take it. I know it may sound like we are losing out, but we need a solution now and Day can't provide that for another 3 or 4 years, and thats if he lives up to his potential? We know what we are getting with Tippett, Crows are only guessing and hoping with Day. Thoughts?

Im glad u dont run our recruiting department , Day was pick 3 , so in essence it is pick 3,4 for pick 10 , Judd did'nt even get that type of trade . I cant see Day on the trade table but i can see our pick 4 on the table ,.Not sure of Tippett's trade value , think it would be a 1st rounder , how would pick 4 to Adelaide for Tippett and Adelaide's 3rd rounder ??

I was assuming worse case scenario, if it was the only way the deal could be done... Then I would still take it. We all know Day was a very early draft pick, and like I said, I don't want to lose him either. But he showed very little this season, possibly has a dodgey knee, and is still 3-4 years off making an impact, and that's if he doesn't get home sick before hand and request a trade. This is all glass half empty stuff but still has to be considered.

But it's all hyperthectical Coasty so don't get your knickers in a twist. If we can get a deal done on pick 4 alone that's awesome. I just think the crows are going to want more than pick 4 alone, unless a 3rd club gets involved.

I was assuming worse case scenario, if it was the only way the deal could be done... Then I would still take it. We all know Day was a very early draft pick, and like I said, I don't want to lose him either. But he showed very little this season, possibly has a dodgey knee, and is still 3-4 years off making an impact, and that's if he doesn't get home sick before hand and request a trade. This is all glass half empty stuff but still has to be considered.

But it's all hyperthectical Coasty so don't get your knickers in a twist. If we can get a deal done on pick 4 alone that's awesome. I just think the crows are going to want more than pick 4 alone, unless a 3rd club gets involved.

lol , i dont wear knickers , sorry i did come across harsh did'nt i .:eek:

Ah a bit of friendly banter never hurt anyone, it's what BF is all about. In the end it won't matter what the deal is if big Kurtly doesn't want to leave the crows anyway? Yes he hinted in his video message that sometime in the future it might be an option, but it's no where near a certainty like Mitchy Clark going to Freo, etc. Bring on trades week, the waiting around annoys me!

Frankly, I think Tippett is one of the most over-rated (and over-paid) players in the game today. He goes missing for weeks on end and most days has butterfingers. A solid game every 6 weeks isn't good enough IMO.

Day should be considered untouchable. The kid is a freak. He hasn't really put a good game together, but key forwards take a long time to develop and he's still a growing boy. Get 50 games under his belt, an extra 10 kg's and a couple of preseasons and he could be absolutely anything.

The SUNS already have Day, Dixon, Gorringe, Thompson and Tommy Lynch as key forward prospects. All have shown glimpses this year -- especially Lynch who looks a beauty.

Rather than throwing away high draft picks at a "gun" forward, I'd rather see the SUNS recruit a mature bodied key forward from one of the State leagues or someone like Hampson from the Blues.

Frankly, I think Tippett is one of the most over-rated (and over-paid) players in the game today. He goes missing for weeks on end and most days has butterfingers. A solid game every 6 weeks isn't good enough IMO.

Day should be considered untouchable. The kid is a freak. He hasn't really put a good game together, but key forwards take a long time to develop and he's still a growing boy. Get 50 games under his belt, an extra 10 kg's and a couple of preseasons and he could be absolutely anything.

The SUNS already have Day, Dixon, Gorringe, Thompson and Tommy Lynch as key forward prospects. All have shown glimpses this year -- especially Lynch who looks a beauty.

Rather than throwing away high draft picks at a "gun" forward, I'd rather see the SUNS recruit a mature bodied key forward from one of the State leagues or someone like Hampson from the Blues.

I'm no huge Tippett fan, but he is much better than anything we have at the moment
He's maybe worth pick 4, but I'd be cheesed off if we sweetened the deal any more
Hampson is another Josh Fraser, and one's enough
I'd be interested in Mitch Morton or even Jack Anthony who we could probably trade cheaper.
Who knows?

I like Morton as a player, had a rough season personally though from all reports and would be a much easier trade to finalize than Tippett. Will be interesting who Carlton chase now they have also declared they want a blue chip KPF. Trades week is going to be a pearler this year.

Don't think Tippett is worth giving up pick 4 for. If we got their pick 10 or whatever it is & Tippett, for Tape + Pick 4, I reckon that would be fair-ish.

I like Morton as a player, had a rough season personally though from all reports and would be a much easier trade to finalize than Tippett. Will be interesting who Carlton chase now they have also declared they want a blue chip KPF. Trades week is going to be a pearler this year.

Hope not mate, demons fans dislike him and is unlikely to be in our long term best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My views of Kurt Tippett's ability and potential over the last few weeks has changed a bit, and I have come to the conclusion that using pick 4 on a player that is good, potentially great is not worth it. There are still question marks on aspects to Tippett's game, mainly playing the game in general. If he pulls it together, he is worth pick 4 +, but at the moment, that is not the case. We need a ruck in return, and it seems Day is off limits, so therefore I'd expect Gorringe to be apart of the deal, regardless of him being contract. Therefore my suggestions are as follows;

Tippett + Pick 10 + 2nd rounder <--> Gorringe + Pick 4

Tippett + Pick 18 (From NM for Gunston) <--> Pick 4 + End of First Round Priority Pick
(Maybe Pick 10 <--> Gorringe aswell, not necessary though in that trade)

Tippett + 2nd rounder <--> Pick 4

Tippett <--> Gorringe + Jolly + PP (I'd prefer to have the #4 pick, so this would be my least favourable option, but still works)

What are your thoughts on that GC?

My views of Kurt Tippett's ability and potential over the last few weeks has changed a bit, and I have come to the conclusion that using pick 4 on a player that is good, potentially great is not worth it. There are still question marks on aspects to Tippett's game, mainly playing the game in general. If he pulls it together, he is worth pick 4 +, but at the moment, that is not the case. We need a ruck in return, and it seems Day is off limits, so therefore I'd expect Gorringe to be apart of the deal, regardless of him being contract. Therefore my suggestions are as follows;

Tippett + Pick 10 + 2nd rounder <--> Gorringe + Pick 4

Tippett + Pick 18 (From NM for Gunston) <--> Pick 4 + End of First Round Priority Pick
(Maybe Pick 10 <--> Gorringe aswell, not necessary though in that trade)

Tippett + 2nd rounder <--> Pick 4

Tippett <--> Gorringe + Jolly + PP (I'd prefer to have the #4 pick, so this would be my least favourable option, but still works)

What are your thoughts on that GC?

Got my Brother in Law here who says Tippet+pick 18 for pick 4 is fair. I agree with what he said aswell.

If you need a ruck, I'm not sure why you'd be chasing Day anyway. Not his game at all.

As for Gorringe, still not sure I see that happening. Not that he's 'off limits', so to speak, at least in my view, but more because they just re-signed him for a couple of years 4 weeks ago or so. That says to me the club is very keen on keeping him, and secured him ASAP. I would probably give a Gorringe trade some thought, but cannot see the club doing so.

I liked Gorringe's game during the year, and don't want to see him traded for Tippett. I would consider Tape and our 2nd best pick perhaps (preferably not pick 4).

I think Fraser will have 1 more year and retire, we then need Gorringe with Smith leading our rucks.

Theres no question Tippett value has decreased over the last 2 years, but it seems obvious that McKenna is keen on a big body forward to help out the youngsters and start developing a winning culture. All the Adelaide supporters who don't want Tippett to go seem to think he is worth #4, but that simply can't be justified at the moment, especially if the GC recruiting team just say, you want to much, we know the clause exists, you've just lost your one oppotunity to get something for him.

Under the circumstances considering we really don't know where the power lies in this struggle, I could definitely see something like Tippett + 18 for 4, or Tippett for Gorringe + Priority pick. At the moment, I value Tippett at around a pick 6-8, so thats what I'm basing this off.

Seems a Tippett trade will not be done.

Article about it on FoxSports. CEO and new Coach both confirming that they will not be doing a trade.

"He's contracted to us for next year and the expectation is that he's here next year - absolutely crystal clear that he's here next year," Trigg said on Tuesday.

"I haven't, and our club hasn't, surrendered to the notion of him going.

"We are working on having him enjoy the environment, a successful environment, and want to stay."

Newly appointed Adelaide coach Brenton Sanderson said Tippett was a valued "incredible talent".

"Obviously having coached against him, he has got a lot of raw ability," said Sanderson, the former Geelong assistant coach.

"I have seen him do some things which are just awesome, so I think he's a fantastic player and a key member of the Adelaide Football Club."

GCSuns is going to be shattered! Won't be a Sun next year. MAYBE in 2013 (would we need him then?), but certainly not 2012.

You could pick the article apart and point out that Trigg mentioned that they're 'working for him to enjoy the environment', suggesting he has issues there at the moment, but that'd be nit-picking really. Cannot see him being a Sun any time soon.

Seems a Tippett trade will not be done.

Article about it on FoxSports. CEO and new Coach both confirming that they will not be doing a trade.

GCSuns is going to be shattered! Won't be a Sun next year. MAYBE in 2013 (would we need him then?), but certainly not 2012.

You could pick the article apart and point out that Trigg mentioned that they're 'working for him to enjoy the environment', suggesting he has issues there at the moment, but that'd be nit-picking really. Cannot see him being a Sun any time soon.

You'd expect GCS to be most desperate to do the trade this year when most beneficial. The year after that though, Tippett will be just reducing the oppotunities for Day, Lynch and Dixon, because they might play 3 talls next year to teach and quicken the development of their young FWDS, but I don't see them doing later on as each FWD comes more dominant. If the clause is true, sure they'll pick him up purely because it will be so cheap.

Trigg is the only one who said he won't want to trade Tippett, but its not really up to him, he can have a say, but it's up to the recruiting team and Sanderson. Sanderson simply said he will have to review the situation, and that he thought Tippett was a quality player. It certainly dampens the prospect of trading him, but it doesn't rule it out.

In the end, it's a simple question of where big KT wants to play next season. If he's happy @ the Crows then he stays, and we move on to our next choice. I can think of another 3 or 4 players I would be happy for the club to recruit. As I have said all along, we just need an experienced big body up forward, as long as he can kick 50+ goals next season I'm a happy camper ;)

In the end, it's a simple question of where big KT wants to play next season. If he's happy @ the Crows then he stays, and we move on to our next choice. I can think of another 3 or 4 players I would be happy for the club to recruit. As I have said all along, we just need an experienced big body up forward, as long as he can kick 50+ goals next season I'm a happy camper ;)

I was sort of liking the look of Tippett! And he's pretty hot, to boot. :thumbsu::eek:

If that is the case, it is a win of sorts. Still a chance to get him later on down the track if we need to, not that I think we will with our young forward stocks. Also means we don't lose Gorringe or Day in the process. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back