Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears - Season 20 Team Thread - S20 B&F: Congratulations DemonJim for doing write-ups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first time since our re - inception that we've started with a win?

View attachment 158628

latest

Nice win but was a bit of a training drill. Looking forward to a decent challenge this week.

Think we play the Warriors who are our mortal enemies. We finally beat them last season. Will be a good week.

Think we play the Warriors who are our mortal enemies. We finally beat them last season. Will be a good week.
Should be right as long as Quivorir learns how to kick. He'd want to lift his game this week. My username is ironic.....and i fancy myself as a forward.

Should be right as long as Quivorir learns how to kick. He'd want to lift his game this week. My username is ironic.....and i fancy myself as a forward.

He should really be benched but I doubt the captains have the guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:hearts: brahj's Co-Captain Co-Log :hearts:
Round 1: vs. Eastside Hawks

1st Quarter
The siren trumpeted throughout the Stadium in the Sky signalling the beginning of Season 20... and the game against the Hawks. The wheels took a bit of greasing to get moving in the first quarter. The Hawks trapped the ball in their forward 50 for the first 15 minutes of the game, kicking 3.3(21) while we ran around aimlessly. The defensive zone was finally implemented and after causing a turnover on the left Vegas forward flank, the Bears put together a brilliant passage of play which would see new recruit Wise Guy Sam kick the first Vegas goal of the season.
1 : 15.06 {lHFF} - matty6 nearly got done for running too far but he remembers to bounce at last.
1 : 15.1 {rHFF} - A wild handball - but luckily Magruder was well placed to clean up.
1 : 15.16 {rHFF} - Handballs to brahj.
1 : 15.21 {rFP} - Wise Guy Sam receives his handpass.
1 : 15.26 {rFP} - Wise Guy Sam walks into goal.
1 : 15.31 {rFP} - Wise Guy Sam just scrapes it in for a goal.
Las Vegas Bears : 1.0.6
Eastside Hawks : 3.3.21

The next ten minutes would be a midfield arm-wrestle with only the Bears managing hit the scoreboard with two behinds before the first quarter break.

2nd Quarter
Las Vegas took to the field looking to close the 13 point gap. The Bears lace-out service to the forward line was exceptional, however the Quivster was having a hard time kicking straight. Some blame the "Ketamine Kilometre" Off-Season Camp, others point to the fact that Quivorir is now wearing one bedazzled glove when he plays. Whatever it was, it wasn't working...
2 : 4.37 {FF} - Quivorir threads his way through traffic.
2 : 4.41 {FF} - Quivorir steadies himself and has a shot ....
2 : 4.48 {FF} - Mr Eagle slaps it through for a behind.
Las Vegas Bears : 1.3.9
2 : 6.12 {FF} - Quivorir to send the ball forward.
2 : 6.16 {FF} - This could be a goal to Quivorir.
2 : 6.22 {FF} - Quivorir should hang his head in shame - a bad miss.
Las Vegas Bears : 1.4.10

Quiv took a break from shitting it up to watch the brilliance of Big Cox 88 . Coxy takes a hanger on the forward flank, gave the ol' 1-2 to WGS, went for a bit of a gallop and then showed Quiv how to kick straight.
2 : 6.47 {lHBF} - Big Cox 88 takes one of the best marks you'll ever see.
2 : 6.52 {rHFF} - Now Big Cox 88 has the ball. What can he do with it?.
2 : 6.55 {rHFF} - He involves Wise Guy Sam in the play.
2 : 7.02 {rHFF} - Gets hands off within the nick of time.
2 : 7.05 {rHFF} - Big Cox 88 bounces the ball.
2 : 7.12 {rFP} - Big Cox 88 has another.
2 : 7.16 {rFP} - Big Cox 88 steadies himself and has a shot ....
2 : 7.22 {rFP} - Shepherded through for a goal.
Las Vegas Bears : 2.4.16

Did Quiv learn anything?
2 : 10.22 {FF} - Quivorir looks downfield.
2 : 10.25 {FF} - Quivorir from point blank range.
2 : 10.3 {FF} - Quivorir should hang his head in shame - a bad miss.
Las Vegas Bears : 2.5.17

...not yet. But then...
2 : 10.51 {FF} - Quivorir has possession.
2 : 10.55 {FF} - Quivorir sells the dummy and has a shot.
2 : 11.01 {FF} - And a little dance from Quivorir as the ball sails through.
Las Vegas Bears : 3.5.23

He was pumped with that effort and took the opportunity to showcase his tribal dance moves to commemorate his appointment as "White Powerful Man", the leader of the advocacy group for Caucasian Herald Sun subscribers.

The rest of the quarter saw kane249 & Wise Guy Sam add two more goals to the Bears tally. The Bears were 7 points up heading into the main break.

3rd Quarter
The Hawks came out from the dressing room firing, kicking goal after goal. At the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter the Hawks had swung the game back in their favour and were now up by 16 points. The next centre clearance was won by the Bears and the ball was taking an express route to the forward line. The crowd sighed in unison as Quiv steadied himself 10 metres out with ball in hand... They knew it would be another behind...
3 : 12.36 {FF} - Quivorir has it. What can he do with it?.
3 : 12.4 {FF} - Sets sail for home..
3 : 12.46 {FF} - And its straight through the middle.
Las Vegas Bears : 6.6.42
Eastside Hawks : 8.4.52
However, "they" don't know everything. miss_kate18 snapped one off in the pocket. While the cleaning staff had her defender distracted, she took the opportunity to snap another one off from the pocket.
3 : 15.39 {rFP} - miss_kate18 assessing what lies ahead of him.
3 : 15.45 {rFP} - A snap at goal ....
3 : 15.49 {rFP} - That takes miss_kate18's goal tally to 1.
Las Vegas Bears : 7.6.48
Eastside Hawks : 8.4.52
The rest of the quarter proved to be a stalemate with the only other score coming by way of miss_kate's wayward kicking.

4th Quarter
With a 3 point lead to the Hawks to start the quarter, any jerk-off could tell you that s**t was about to get real for the next 25 minutes. The quarter opened with the Bears and Hawks going score for score. matty6 got the party started less than a minute in with an almost goal from outside 50. Quiv finally showed us that he likes to party by kicking one of those "goals" we'd all heard so much about... Two, even. He was unstoppable. matty6 even had another crack from outside 50. Sadly, it was another behind.

It was Wise Guy Sam who would put the foot down... by putting his foot up toward the ball and kicking a goal...
4 : 13 {rHFF} - Big Cox 88 with some space now.
4 : 13.06 {rFP} - He handpasses to Wise Guy Sam.
4 : 13.1 {rFP} - Wise Guy Sam flat out refuses to lower his eyes.
4 : 13.15 {rFP} - Put down your glasses - its a major.
Las Vegas Bears : 10.9.69
Eastside Hawks : 10.4.64

With a 5 point lead and 12 minutes remaining we played in true Vegas style relentlessly trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. One after the other, miss_kate18, matty6, miss_kate18 again, Quivorir and Big Cox 88 all took to kicking the Qooty into the goal posts, or with limbs that aren't intended for kicking.

It was enough and the Bears squeaked out a 10 behind Victory over the Hawks.

Final Scores
Las Vegas Bears: 10.14.74
Eastside Hawks: 10.4.64

Best: Wise Guy Sam, Big Cox 88, matty6, Quivorir, MoOP​

Last edited:
You couldn't sqeeze yourself into the best Brahj?

pantskyle taught me that to give yourself the Best & Fairest one must not make everybody aware of it in Round 1.

Since you've called me out, I'll be transparent. I'll be awarding myself two votes this round. One for that review post and another for my impact on the game. 3 possessions and 2 hitouts... I am the Ruck equivalent of Cyril Rioli.

pantskyle taught me that to give yourself the Best & Fairest one must not make everybody aware of it in Round 1.

Since you've called me out, I'll be transparent. I'll be awarding myself two votes this round. One for that review post and another for my impact on the game. 3 possessions and 2 hitouts... I am the Ruck equivalent of Cyril Rioli.

Look forward to you figuring out how to give another to Matera92.

So we are sharing it again this season? :p

You're bluffing. For one, you've hired staff that walk for you/carry you around on a throne.

They'll walk were I tell them to walk!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back