Leppitsch in clash with player

Remove this Banner Ad

In this thread I've learned that many posters have never played footy.

He was acting like a spoilt brat. If I do that to my employer I lose my job, not get sent on a 2 week holiday to the reserves ffs. Good on Leppa. Shame he had to apologise to the PC Police, many of which plague this forum.

Can't help but roll my eyes at the "gotta harden up these little snots" crowd on BF. Bunch of keyboard drill sergeants. Hope you're not parents bringing up another generation of unnecessarily angry young men who don't know how to express their emotions without turning to violence.

So you has issues growing up, doesn't mean everyone that received discipline and the harden approach ended up unnecessarily angry and unable to express their emotions. I believe you can get counselling for your dad issues.

There was a time when teachers gave kids the strap or a cop would whack you round the ear and the world was a lot more respectful and less violent than it is now.

Bullshit.

Some of the stories you hear from people who grew up in the '50s and '60s about (let's call it what it is) abuse in schools and at home are horrific. It doesn't correct behaviour, it just breeds resentment. The fact that kind of behaviour was either accepted or got swept under the rug, and nobody stood up earlier and thought "hey, this s**t is pretty wrong" is outright disgusting IMO.

Sorry, is there a problem raising a kid with those traits?
It would be the implication that actual parents do not want to raise children with those traits. Has it occurred to you that parents do raise children with those traits, which the obstinate little bastards then ignore. Almost like they had wills and minds of their own.

There was a time when teachers gave kids the strap or a cop would whack you round the ear and the world was a lot more respectful and less violent than it is now, we are to soft on young people these days, well done Lippa it might save this kids career if he doesn't go crying to his Mum and Dad or worse engage in litigation.

wtf?

ah yes....... not enough child abuse nowadays that's the problem.

Bullshit.

Some of the stories you hear from people who grew up in the '50s and '60s about (let's call it what it is) abuse in schools and at home are horrific. It doesn't correct behaviour, it just breeds resentment. The fact that kind of behaviour was either accepted or got swept under the rug, and nobody stood up earlier and thought "hey, this s**t is pretty wrong" is outright disgusting IMO.

A woman entering a mans home by herself was seen as consent back in the day.

No matter how you spin it, Leppitsch was never entitled to manhandle this kid.
If I was Obrien I would've laid Leppitsch out cold there and then, no one has the right to handle and embarrass you in public.
This isn't a good look for either Leppitsch - who is in charge of a team of young men, I'd question whether he was even up for the job?
And it isn't a good look for Obrien to tell his reserves coach to "Get F..", no matter how much of a flog Woewodin is, there is no excuse for it.

No matter how you spin it, Leppitsch was never entitled to manhandle this kid.
If I was Obrien I would've laid Leppitsch out cold there and then, no one has the right to handle and embarrass you in public.
This isn't a good look for either Leppitsch - who is in charge of a team of young men, I'd question whether he was even up for the job
?
And it isn't a good look for Obrien to tell his reserves coach to "Get F..", no matter how much of a flog Woewodin is, there is no excuse for it.

not sure if serious :eek::eek::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop being so soft on ZOB.

Part of his job is to come off the field when told, and not to lip off to the athletic equivalent of a manager or supervisor. You pull that crap at your job, and see how long you have it...

If all he gets is yanked around by Leppa instead of being let go, he should be pleased. Too many forget that this is a job, and these guys can be easily replaced.

not sure if serious :eek::eek::eek:

It isn't a good look for Leppitsch, just because he is the coach of a football club, that doesn't give him the right to manhandle and intimidate his players.
He put his hands on young O'brien, if I was Zac, I'd of laid him out. Of course young Zac O'brien is a better man than myself. O'brien is a class act, hopefully he responds in a positive manner, gets some form on the board, then gets up and out of Brisbane - and to a club who treats it's players a bit better.

Total non story
The incident itself I agree but players leaking information from inside the locker-room is hardly a non-story. Even more so when the incident was result of a young player ignoring coaching orders and abusing the coach.

I suppose Brisbane supporters will keep banging on about needing concessions for player retention while ignoring the obvious problems in the locker-room.

It isn't a good look for Leppitsch, just because he is the coach of a football club, that doesn't give him the right to manhandle and intimidate his players.
He put his hands on young O'brien, if I was Zac, I'd of laid him out. Of course young Zac O'brien is a better man than myself. O'brien is a class act, hopefully he responds in a positive manner, gets some form on the board, then gets up and out of Brisbane - and to a club who treats it's players a bit better.

wow you've never been involved in a footy club then. Besides behaviour like that he wont get another start at a footy club

The incident itself I agree but players leaking information from inside the locker-room is hardly a non-story. Even more so when the incident was result of a young player ignoring coaching orders and abusing the coach.

I suppose Brisbane supporters will keep banging on about needing concessions for player retention while ignoring the obvious problems in the locker-room.

exactly

wow you've never been involved in a footy club then. Besides behaviour like that he wont get another start at a footy club

This isn't bush footy. Behaviour like that only highlights that Leppitsch can neither manage himself properly, nor can he manage his players. Zac O'Brien is one of the more educated blokes in the football league, I find it hard to believe he'd of been outright disrespectful. No doubt this is a case of Leppitsch overreacting, not backing a young player in - or trying to understand the situation, he just jumped right in and manhandled the kid. Not hard to see why all these young kids want out of Brisbane.

This isn't bush footy. Behaviour like that only highlights that Leppitsch can neither manage himself properly, nor can he manage his players. Zac O'Brien is one of the more educated blokes in the football league, I find it hard to believe he'd of been outright disrespectful. No doubt this is a case of Leppitsch overreacting, not backing a young player in - or trying to understand the situation, he just jumped right in and manhandled the kid. Not hard to see why all these young kids want out of Brisbane.

telling the coach to get ****ed is being disrespectful in my book. I think you need to get off mummy's tit and realise its a man's game. like someone mentioned earlier i'd be more concerned with it getting out of the confines of the club rooms then the actual incident. Few to many mummy's boys up North i think..

Robert Walls and Shane Strempel?
Different situation.

Robert Walls being the coward he is got players to beat the crap out of Strempel.

The bravest thing Walls ever did was let the tyres down of the club president because Throbby thought he'd taken his car park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back