Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alberton - Saturday, 10 August 1968
The Magpies (2nd on the ladder) beat top side Sturt in heavy conditions. The following Monday, Footy Week tabloid published the photo reproduced below on its front page. The caption read: 'Russel (sic) Ebert (Port Adelaide) has his feet knocked from under him by a hidden Sturt player just after he fisted the ball clear...'
Ebo or not Ebo.JPG

Here are the stats from the game:

Ebo or not Ebo stats.JPG

SA footy media today is no less imperfect.

So, watching Freo SF from 2014, as trapped nerve has ruined my day and doc says to drug up and rest.

Just so happens tomorrow is Port day on Fox. Not sure this nerve issue is going to go away by tomorrow.... Looking forward to the Collingwood EF...just because how surprised the afl world was.

Thats Greg Leal in pic isnt it?

R Ebert on bench and never got a run

Advertiser ... lol

Alberton - Saturday, 10 August 1968
The Magpies (2nd on the ladder) beat top side Sturt in heavy conditions. The following Monday, Footy Week tabloid published the photo reproduced below on its front page. The caption read: 'Russel (sic) Ebert (Port Adelaide) has his feet knocked from under him by a hidden Sturt player just after he fisted the ball clear...'
View attachment 213706

Here are the stats from the game:

View attachment 213707

SA footy media today is no less imperfect.

From recollection, Russ fisted many a opposition team in his day.

For those that set their Foxtel iq. It appears the schedule has changed. They have the r21 2007 port cats game in twice.

Early morning there was a port v pies EF from 2013, but it was actually the cats game referred above.

According to the planner they are showing the 2007 r21 cats game twice. Hopefully they have done a swap or something....

I would have never wanted to record the 2007 r21 game....as 2007 never happened

I would have never wanted to record the 2007 r21 game....as 2007 never happened
2007 is still one of the best seasons of footy I've ever endured. So many phenomenal highs and so much excitement. Losing a GF didn't kill all those memories, just like losing the SF in 2013 or the PF in 2014 doesn't kill those great years.

PORT ADELAIDE has signed second-year players Dougal Howard and Jesse Palmer to new contract extensions.

It will keep the forward line pair tied to the club until at least the end of the 2017 season.

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-02-10/contracts-young-forwards-extend-to-2017
Seems premature re-Howard, especially when we delisted Harvey after 2 years. I'd suggest that Howard is a long, long way behind where Harvey was. However I guess with a now shallow KF roster it makes sense to give him some more time and see if he can develop. Also I suppose you've got to take into consideration that Howard did look good as a defender so at least we know he's got a lot of potential at the other end if he fails as a forward.

2007 is still one of the best seasons of footy I've ever endured. So many phenomenal highs and so much excitement. Losing a GF didn't kill all those memories, just like losing the SF in 2013 or the PF in 2014 doesn't kill those great years.
I watched round 21 2007 only last week and it was a very exciting game but it's really frustrating to watch us beat a team that handed us the most embarrassing GF loss of all time only 5 weeks later. I agree 2007 was a remarkable year but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 2013 and 2014 were completely different because although we lost those finals, we actually played pretty well and definitely did nothing to be embarrassed about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched round 21 2007 only last week and it was a very exciting game but it's really frustrating to watch us beat a team that handed us the most embarrassing GF loss of all time only 5 weeks later. I agree 2007 was a remarkable year but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 2013 and 2014 were completely different because although we lost those finals, we actually played pretty well and definitely did nothing to be embarrassed about.
I agree with both you and coob above.

It was phenomenal to watch and have so many great highlights with the close wins etc.

Just remember thinking at the end of '06 thinking that 2008 would be our year and 07 we got ahead of a more natural development trajectory, shown up in the GF.

Of course every discussion with opposition supporters I still maintain we we got to play when 14 other clubs wished they were.

Thats Greg Leal in pic isnt it?

R Ebert on bench and never got a run

Advertiser ... lol

The player in the pic is definitely not Russell Ebert, and I agree with you, it is Greg Leal. :thumbsu:

I'm fairly certain that Russell had been named in the magoos on that particular day, ( the only time he was dropped ) but was a late call up when another player pulled out on the sat morning.

Seems premature re-Howard, especially when we delisted Harvey after 2 years. I'd suggest that Howard is a long, long way behind where Harvey was. However I guess with a now shallow KF roster it makes sense to give him some more time and see if he can develop. Also I suppose you've got to take into consideration that Howard did look good as a defender so at least we know he's got a lot of potential at the other end if he fails as a forward.
Yeah I don't know about that. Harvey never showed much of anything. People just got excited by his size and the fact he was a KPF. I reckon the Doug has shown enough to make me think he could develop into a handy player.

The IQ is certainly being tested today with the Port content. Watched the '07 Qualifying Final earlier. Although it wasn't a great game (except for the result) the actions of Tredders were memorable. That last quarter tackle and the shepherd were inspirational.

Inside Alberton: February 9
Looked at this on Port Site .. Looks like we need Power Pete to sort out their Photo's
First one is Jimmy Toumpas's dog Benji ... the other 20 are missing:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Seems premature re-Howard, especially when we delisted Harvey after 2 years. ......
Sorry, I don't get the correlation. o_O

Draftees are put on a minimum two year contract. Harvey didn't show enough so was not offered another contract, aka delisted. Howard has obviously shown enough to be offered a one year extension to give the kid some certainty this year.

....... "'Dougs' battled a stress fracture in the first half of the season, but he gave us something for the rest of the year, played in a couple of positions and has worked really hard on the track this summer." ...

Are you saying that because Howard and Harvey were drafted as KPF's that they must have the same strengths/weaknesses/attitude? :confused:

Always brings a tear to the eye watching Choco walking down the race at the end of the 2004 GF, and always get goosebumps when Wangas kicks the last goal of the 3rd. Been a great day to transition from night shift back to day shift at work haven't needed to leave the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back