MRP / Trib. Lewis 2 weeks, Hodge 3 weeks - OPPOSITION POSTERS WILL BE CARDED

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we really have a thread of its own about this yet, but no doubt we'll be getting some MRP news later on today for the two incidences.

Trial by media is in full swing, but the panel has also given the benefit of the doubt to players already this year, so be prepared for anything.

This can be where we theorise, query, predict and discuss the outcomes

Warning also to any visitors, your thoughts aren't really required.

Hodge: Intentional, High Contact, Medium Impact - 3 weeks, downgraded to 2 weeks with early plea.

Lewis: Reckless, High Contact, High Impact - 3 weeks, downgraded to 2 weeks with early plea.

Would still like to hear what went to Hodgey's mind at the time? Seemed really strange for him to strike out like that.

Hodge was pure brain flatulence. Probably gone for 2 weeks. Lucky Swallow didn't have to go off.

Lewis was at least in a contest (forget slow mo, probably a second late) and again no injury recorded. Probably 2 weeks also.

Hodge: Intentional, High Contact, Medium Impact - 3 weeks, downgraded to 2 weeks with early plea.

Lewis: Reckless, High Contact, High Impact - 3 weeks, downgraded to 2 weeks with early plea.

? Would still like to hear what went to Hodgey's mind at the time? Seemed really strange for him to strike out like that.

Agree - would like the info to come out from a different source

I've raised this a couple of times before, but some time in the distant past the media was actually banned from commenting on any reports (I think any non - reported incidents were still open slather).

Would love them to bring this back (I know is unlikely), but can anyone recall the actual reason for having this ban in the first place? And surely now in this day and age where a player picks his nose and it's front page news, it's become even more relevant?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've raised this a couple of times before, but some time in the distant past the media was actually banned from commenting on any reports (I think any non - reported incidents were still open slather).

Would love them to bring this back (I know is unlikely), but can anyone recall the actual reason for having this ban in the first place? And surely now in this day and age where a player picks his nose and it's front page news, it's become even more relevant?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I would like it to come back however it was probably abandoned due to sheer volume of footage of incidents etc. that speculation was happening around water coolers anyway and so why not make an extra buck out of it. I'm sure if the afl wanted to, it could reinstate the rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I looked at it quite closely. I thought Hodge looked unbalanced (tripped) as he got up and hence lunged forward towards Swallow, resulting in the high contact. Also thought the majority of impact was on the throat, not jaw. Thing is, though, the round-house elbow looked really bad.

Lewis? Well I am just shaking my head. Had plenty of time to do it differently.

regardless of what the players of other clubs have been doing, I don't want Hodge or Lewis to squeal about what may have happened to them to cause them to do what they did.

Cop what they get and move on.
Agree 100%.
Whilst I'm super keen to know why Hodge snapped, bethe bigger man and just cop a whack and move on.
Reckon the reason will come out in the wash in time anyway

I want to know if Jonas (Port Adelaide) has been reported for the late hit on Eddie Betts??? Exactly the same incident as Jordy Lewis.....

Would still like to hear what went to Hodgey's mind at the time? Seemed really strange for him to strike out like that.
It looked like he was intending to give him a bit of a hit to the shoulder/chest and it started a bit too high, clipped the shoulder and continued to Swallow's chin. There are a dozen of those full arm whacks, particularly between the key position players, every game.

Thank goodness Vlad is no longer in charge, he's well known for giving people a heads up on the phone, and might have made mention that we play his pet team in three weeks, so a three week minimum for them both. With the corruption at the highest level dissipated every so slightly nowadays, I'd think two for each. Probably won't be less thanks to the media bashing.

At Swallow for being soft and a sook.

While most North players are a buch of whiny snipers but Swallow wouldn't have been expected that hit at all. He literally casually grabbed Hodge's jumper, there was hardly even any pulling going on. Can't blame him for taking a moment to think what the hell just happened.

I have a feeling Hodge's hit will be graded high impact and sent to the tribunal, in which case I would expect him to cop 3 weeks. I would be rapt if the contact is graded medium and he gets away with 2.

Lewis's hit will probably be graded high impact too, but I can't see how it could be seen beyond doubt as being intentional. So 3 weeks down to 2 with a plea you'd expect.

I have a feeling Hodge's hit will be graded high impact and sent to the tribunal, in which case I would expect him to cop 3 weeks. I would be rapt if the contact is graded medium and he gets away with 2.

Lewis's hit will probably be graded high impact too, but I can't see how it could be seen beyond doubt as being intentional. So 3 weeks down to 2 with a plea you'd expect.

So the same for Jonas???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back