Lions getting no credit in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, while the initial reporting of the game was a bit underwhelming, in the last couple of days I think if anything we've gotten too much credit.

Not sure I'd go that far, certainly not as a team. Has been a few individual players highlighted though obviously

To be honest, while the initial reporting of the game was a bit underwhelming, in the last couple of days I think if anything we've gotten too much credit.

I'm pretty sure this won't be a problem this week.

If anything, I've felt that any talk about us has been sympathetic to us...most have talked about the 5 day turnaround, young kids who tried their hearts out, but run out of legs etc and playing a club a class above us, which they are..

..can't say I've heard anyone actually say we were terrible and a basket case, or that sort of thing..

I'm also glad to go under the radar....would rather sneek up on them when they have not shown any interest at all...take 'em by surprise!:p

i just continue to be amazed & disappointed (but not surprised!!) at all the football pundits/experts in the media rating brisbane the worst side outside the two expansion teams. unbelieveable really, certainly not that bad.

i guess the onus is fairly & squarely on the club to proove them all wrong, let's hope they can do it in a big way.

i just continue to be amazed & disappointed (but not surprised!!) at all the football pundits/experts in the media rating brisbane the worst side outside the two expansion teams. unbelieveable really, certainly not that bad.

i guess the onus is fairly & squarely on the club to proove them all wrong, let's hope they can do it in a big way.

Is there an article or articles about this? It's demonstrably incorrect.

I think Melbourne's provably worse at this point. They just have the advantage of being a Victorian team.

Agreed.

Pickering has never rated the Lions. Maybe he doesn't have a contracted player here.

As to us being the worst team outside the GC and GWS, well it'd be a tossup between us and the D's. That's the sad reality. And until JB retires we won't have bottomed.

Thinking about matters post the Carlton game, it really boils down to the second tier: Polkinghorne, Redden, Hawksley, Banfield even Rich etc not having developed as hoped. If Black has an ordinary one we drop way off the pace as per -like result the last few seasons. Patfull and McGrath appear to be doing it on their laurels. Not enough pressure from below but mind you if there are a few more Carlton-type results then look out.

I copped a fair bit when I said our fitness seemed poor v the Blues and in our 2's match v the GC several weeks ago. You can carve it up any way you like, strategy this maintenance that, but all teams are in the same boat and we look to be off the pace.

Case in point- given the reaction I got last yeat when I said Banfield had gotten fat, I hesitate to once more raise the same issue- but!

Also what is it about our inability to pick up the low ball, Leuenberger excepted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As to us being the worst team outside the GC and GWS, well it'd be a tossup between us and the D's. That's the sad reality. And until JB retires we won't have bottomed.

We won't finish bottom 4 this year not a chance. We are as good as many other teams. Port, Saints and Dogs are not better than us.

Trust me BB I hope you prove me wrong.

We have our best 22 for some time but we really need an injection of talent. Another Pendlebury would do. Here's hoping some of the rookies come through.

sorry but when did we think we deserved credit in the media
I mean please our last two years of football have been s**t.
until there's some huge steps in improvement (not finishing bottom 4)

sorry but when did we think we deserved credit in the media
I mean please our last two years of football have been s**t.
until there's some huge steps in improvement (not finishing bottom 4)

Given the thread was originally about our Melbourne defeat, and how all the media articles considered Melbourne to have beaten ourselves - we deserved credit then. Coming on two weeks later after a loss doesn't change the conditions in which this was originally created.

Given the thread was originally about our Melbourne defeat, and how all the media articles considered Melbourne to have beaten ourselves - we deserved credit then. Coming on two weeks later after a loss doesn't change the conditions in which this was originally created.

hindsight great isn't :D. Do you think we still deserve credit
after Melbourne's start to the year?

hindsight great isn't :D. Do you think we still deserve credit
after Melbourne's start to the year?

:rolleyes:

In the week after our win against Melbourne, yes. And then we deserved to be pilloried for the effort against Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back