Lions investigate Brendan Fevola complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

Like someone said in this forum, its what goes on in Brendan's head that will end his career.

He is a good footballer, but the way he's been producting himself, you could say he has ruined his career for all the negative reasons, no matter how many goals he has kicked, no matter how many star performances he has made, none of that will matter now because of all the s**t he has done over the last few years.

Listening to SEN, it was mentioned that the AFL and AFLPA will surely have to help him like they did with Cousins and Tuck....offer him services etc, cant just let him go as he needs help..

Thinking about it, that is right....if they can help a druggie, they must also help someone with mental issues.....and he does have those..

While I don't want him at the Lions and never have.....I also would hate to see him just thrown out and left to rot....god knows what would happen to him..
They are both mental issues. In fact, the same mental issue.

Addiction is addiction is addiction.

His manager just released a statement saying Fev denies all allegations and will vigorously defend them. Obviously not a surprise but let's hope for his sake that's right.

Suppose it's best to get both sides of the argument before we jump too early.
Where is his manager's statement?

Gee I would love to say what I know from reliable club sources but at the risk of having to name my sources and/or risk mods threat of suspension sorry you will just have to reamin uninformed on Fev's situation at the club and key factors with his current drama.

All I will say is - poor Fev bad luck and false allegations keep following him. It's just not fair is it :(

His manager just released a statement saying Fev denies all allegations and will vigorously defend them. Obviously not a surprise but let's hope for his sake that's right.

Suppose it's best to get both sides of the argument before we jump too early.

Above the denial, at the top of the page, was "Lara Bingle Incident" crossed out and replaced with "Flashing at Housewife incident" ... ?

But having said that, agree should wait till we get the full story, but there does seem to be a pattern developing here ...

Gee I would love to say what I know from reliable club sources but at the risk of having to name my sources and/or risk mods threat of suspension sorry you will just have to reamin uninformed on key factors with Fev's current drama.

Other people may actually be informed regardless. Going to be hard for the Lions to terminate the contract from the account I was PMed with.

Above the denial, at the top of the page, was "Lara Bingle Incident" crossed out and replaced with "Flashing at Housewife incident" ... ?

But having said that, agree should wait till we get the full story, but there does seem to be a pattern developing here ...

DEVELOPING is an understatement - it is a full scale atomic explosion!

I just really feel for his kids. How proud would they be of their daddy on tv tonight? How does mummy explain same?

If Fev's denying it I think it'll be a wait-and-see for the AFL/police investigation. If there's proof or charges laid, then I suspect he'll be out the door ala Lovett. If nothing is found, then it'll be very interesting to here the whole story behind it.

Gee I would love to say what I know from reliable club sources but at the risk of having to name my sources and/or risk mods threat of suspension sorry you will just have to reamin uninformed on Fev's situation at the club and key factors with his current drama.

All I will say is - poor Fev bad luck and false allegations keep following him. It's just not fair is it :(
Thats fine....you can tell who you want and not tell who you dont want to know

Besides, I dont beleive they are all false like I dont believe they are all true either

They are both mental issues. In fact, the same mental issue.

Addiction is addiction is addiction.

Addiction by definition is a physical thing not mental.

Mental issues are used to excuse every piece of poor behaviour by celebs and sportstars - it would be highly amusing if so many weren't actually getting away with it.

Bert got it right when he ignored all the hyperbole and said he hoped his son would simply wake up. A lot of these pampered idiots need to do the same thing and stop blaming their putrid behaviour on un-diagnosable and downright insulting illnesses of the "mind".

Or you could just say what you know for all of us that are truly interested and know to take your opinion/remarks with a grain of salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mental issues are used to excuse every piece of poor behaviour by celebs and sportstars - it would be highly amusing if so many weren't actually getting away with it.

Bert got it right when he ignored all the hyperbole and said he hoped his son would simply wake up. A lot of these pampered idiots need to do the same thing and stop blaming their putrid behaviour on un-diagnosable and downright insulting illnesses of the "mind".

No, addiction is definitely a mental thing

It's a diagnosed medical condition

And this does not mean that everyone who behaves in a putrid fashion suffers from addiction. Some suffer from an addiction, some are just knobs.

By whose definition?

What about gambling addicts? People addicted to cutting themselves? What about people addicted to pulling their own hair out?

You can probably call them manias or compulsions if you want, but the issue is the same. Unwanted/negative behaviors that the subject has difficulty in controlling.

No, addiction is definitely a mental thing

It's a diagnosed medical condition

And this does not mean that everyone who behaves in a putrid fashion suffers from addiction. Some suffer from an addiction, some are just knobs.

A mental thing cannot be diagnosed (OK well yes maybe by TALKING to someone - but that's not really diagnosis is it, people can say clever things).

Yet addiction can be - someone coming off heroin has physical signs, whereas someone quitting smoking (a dependancy) does not.

If there are physical signs of addiction it is not possibly that is a mental condition.

This is too complex a discussion to have in a thread about Fev.

Seriously very impressed with Angus Johnson.

Could it be that now have a Chairman who looks like he is emotionally invested in the club, rather than someone who seems to be in it for the prestige (Sorry Mr Kelly, but that is the vibe you gave).

Angus gives the feeling of integrity.

Was very impressed.

Any budding Headline writers out there?

i'll get you started...

"Fev's cock-up"

"Fev makes a dick of himself"

"Fevola goes nuts"

Fev Shafts Brisbane.

Interestingly, you guys picked up a handy bloke called Martin Pike after he went a bit troppo at our family day.

Don't think he got the chop out but.

Good idea. We don't need this thread to get any dumber.

What's a good idea? I didn't suggest anything. Merely trying to highlight that sometimes people are responsible for their own behaviour and we can't blame all our failings on a non-existent parallel universe.

What's a good idea? I didn't suggest anything. Merely trying to highlight that sometimes people are responsible for their own behaviour and we can't blame all our failings on a non-existent parallel universe.

:confused::confused::confused:
I think people were taking issue with your argument that addiction by definition can't be a mental thing.

Don't see anyone argueing that Fevola shouldn't be held responsible for his own behavior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back